PDA

View Full Version : Going Retro in Beer Town

sox83cubs84
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
The milwaukee brewers are having four retro weekends in 2010, with three of them including Turn Back the Clock uniforms:

May 14: The Brewers will wear 1972-77 style home outfits, while their opponents, the Phillies, will be dressed up in early 1970s road Phils unies.

June 25: It'll be 1978-79 home Brew Crew outfits for the home team, and 1981-84 road powder blues for the opposing Mariners.

July 23: While the traveling team, the Nationals, will wear their normal attire, the Brewers will be stylin' in their 1997-99 designs.

There is also a retro weekend with no TBTC attire; that is August 27 vs. Pittsburgh.

Thanks to Murf Denny for that bit of information.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The milwaukee brewers are having four retro weekends in 2010, with three of them including Turn Back the Clock uniforms:

May 14: The Brewers will wear 1972-77 style home outfits, while their opponents, the Phillies, will be dressed up in early 1970s road Phils unies.

June 25: It'll be 1978-79 home Brew Crew outfits for the home team, and 1981-84 road powder blues for the opposing Mariners.

July 23: While the traveling team, the Nationals, will wear their normal attire, the Brewers will be stylin' in their 1997-99 designs.

There is also a retro weekend with no TBTC attire; that is August 27 vs. Pittsburgh.

Thanks to Murf Denny for that bit of information.

Dave M.
Chicago area

I hear that on July 23st the Brewers will turn back the clock to July 23rd, 1999, the night that the Brewers turned the clock ahead to 2021. This night will be referred to as the TBTCTATC night. Its intention is to cause debate amongst fans as to whether the team is turning the clock back or forward. Replica jerseys are going to be made for the occasion and are being called "Future Retro" jerseys. If the night is successful, they will do it again in 11 years. This time, it will actually be 2021, and they will be wearing the same TBTCTATC jerseys; however, they will actually be turning the clock back, ahead, and then back again to the same day. Rather than calling the jerseys "TBTCTATCTBTC" jerseys, they will simply be referred to as "current."

chakes89
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I hear that on July 23st the Brewers will turn back the clock to July 23rd, 1999, the night that the Brewers turned the clock ahead to 2021. This night will be referred to as the TBTCTATC night. Its intention is to cause debate amongst fans as to whether the team is turning the clock back or forward. Replica jerseys are going to be made for the occasion and are being called "Future Retro" jerseys. If the night is successful, they will do it again in 11 years. This time, it will actually be 2021, and they will be wearing the same TBTCTATC jerseys; however, they will actually be turning the clock back, ahead, and then back again to the same day. Rather than calling the jerseys "TBTCTATCTBTC" jerseys, they will simply be referred to as "current."

You just blew my mind

5kRunner
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM

http://i.tbs.com/v5cache/TBS/TBS04/images/static/seinfeld_kramer_640x480.jpg

sox83cubs84
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Nick:

LMAO!! It's more confusing than reading the House Health Care Bill!

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Nick:

LMAO!! It's more confusing than reading the House Health Care Bill!

Dave M.
Chicago area

The house health care bill also turns back the clock... to 1993... You won't find any remnants of it for sale in the second market, because it was a bargain at 100B. The new version, at 8X the original price is the equivalent of my 1993 Kenny Greer Mets gamer selling for a cool grand on ebay!