PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Game Used Shoes

stretch
02-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm very curious to know from the Kobe collectors out there how much you paid for his shoes and if you have pictures available please post them.

sportscentury
02-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm very curious to know from the Kobe collectors out there how much you paid for his shoes and if you have pictures available please post them.

I have had 40-50 pairs of KB's shoes over the last 13 years or so. I have paid anywhere from a few hundred (unsigned regular season) to thousands (Finals). Here is the most recent pair I picked up -- he wore this style last season in only a few road games, including his 61 point performance at MSG. No, these are not for sale.

Also, you can see the photomatched pair from the Lakers' home opener last season that I had if you scroll through the PHOTOMATCHED ITEMS thread. I miss that pair.

stretch
02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks for posting.

I see so many of his shoes on Ebay that I have my doubts about most of them being genuine. It's not like he wears them during long stretches, so they won't show a great deal of use, if any, and it raises my curiosity to how so many people are getting a hold of his shoes.

I have seen some very nice ones offered at auction houses.

sportscentury
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for posting.

I see so many of his shoes on Ebay that I have my doubts about most of them being genuine. It's not like he wears them during long stretches, so they won't show a great deal of use, if any, and it raises my curiosity to how so many people are getting a hold of his shoes.

I have seen some very nice ones offered at auction houses.

There are some bad pairs on eBay, but many are good. Kobe couldn't care less about this stuff, so he freely lets other people have them (ballboys, friends, etc.). He wears a new pair every game, so you are going to see a good number end up on eBay.