PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if MLB Hologram is NOT on the database?

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Currently, I have about 12 balls that cannot be checked on MLB database.

Mind you, I have these looks at under microscope to make sure I read the number correctly. I even asked friends/relatives to look at the same thing and see if we get back the same numbers --- we all got the same #.

I have sent pictures - some of them in HI-RES to MLB customer service to see what they have. As we speak.... NADA!

anyone else encounter this problem?

(since these are game used and the holograms look like what it supposed to be - I am not about to go haywire to get my refund)

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:47 PM
DB and BB prefixes are not on the database.

As you know they smudge. if you have idea what date the baseball was used you should able to narrow down the choice by trial and error. all those stickers are notorious for easily smudging and rubbing off.

this thread comes to mind.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=32085&highlight=palmiero

CampWest
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
DB and BB prefixes are not on the database.

I've looked up many BB prefix items and never had an issue. A handful of balls and a half dozen bats.

Stub, whats a couple of the codes you are having problems with?

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I've looked up many BB prefix items and never had an issue. A handful of balls and a half dozen bats.

Stub, whats a couple of the codes you are having problems with?

MR225804

MR603184

Just the MAIN two annoying ones

cmw2ward
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Guys,

I am having the same issue with a 2006 Pedro Martinez bat. The Holo Number is MR258175. I have called customer service and they were no help. Any ideas?

Thanks
Tim
tmw2ward@hotmail.com