PDA

View Full Version : o/t superbowl predictions

legaleagle92481
02-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Who do you think is going to win? I am going with the Saints. (I am partial because I have a Brees game used jersey and the Colts beat my Jets so I do not want to see them win). I think the injuries to Wayne and Freeney will open the door for a Saints upset and I think the Colts secondary will get burned by Brees and the Saints receivers especially with Powers not having played in several weeks.

chakes89
02-07-2010, 03:24 AM
As a Bengals fan, I don't have a horse in the race but I would like to see the Colts win.

But I have a feeling that the Saints will win.

Texstros
02-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Colts 34-21

yanks12025
02-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Colts all thw ay. Peyton won't be stopped.

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I think the Colts will win but I'm betting against my wife and she took the Colts since the only football players she knows in the entire NFL are Peyton Manning and Eli Manning but she can name off practically any known futbol players worldwide. Super Bowl party at my buddy's home so I bought her a Manning jersey so she would enjoy the game. Early lead with a Reggie Bush TD and later a come from behind pass from Brees to Jeremy Shokey for the win. That would be sweet.

Genke
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
41-38, Colts.

I remember the Colts could have been the first team to dethrone the '72 Dolphins as the only team to have an undefeated season, if not for the coach pulling the starters in game 14 (I believe it was). The troublesome part is the injuries to their two key players, but they are so resillient, I think they find a way to plough through it and win anyways.

Payton Manning, MVP

Genke
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I would like to add the last few Super Bowls have been fantastic, and I expect nothing less from this one. Should be a real "barn-burner", right to the end.

capitalssticks
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Colts by 21, might be close first quarter or second quarter, but the Saints were lucky to survive their last game. They have been lucky most of this year. Colts are for real, saints are pretend

Manram
02-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Saints had a good run, but have no chance against peyton. Colts will win

xpress34
02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Don't know who will win - don't really care, but rooting for 'Who Dat?'

The only prediction I'm making is that after today, baseball talk can start in earnest!!! ;)

- Chris

David
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
As a native of Wisconsin, I always pick the Packers. I'm true to my team, but don't win many bets.

I'd like a good game.

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Colts 34
Chargers 31

Bet the over and take the dogs with points!

It will NOT be a blow-out game!

both-teams-played-hard
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Colts 34
Chargers 31

That's a safe bet! No way the Chargers will lose. Absolutely no way.

jv225
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
That's a safe bet! No way the Chargers will lose. Absolutely no way.

I disagree. I say there is no chance at all they will win :D

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Colts 34
Chargers 31

I could give your chargers 17 points today. :rolleyes:

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I could give your chargers 17 points today. :rolleyes:

You have a friendly wager, my friend.

I will take the 2TDs + FG

We will figure out what the wager is later. Deal?

(on my end - if you want to attend a YANKEES game where you can get one of those HR balls I have been talking alot lately - that can be arranged! )

:D

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 02:08 PM

(on my end - if you want to attend a YANKEES game where you can get one of those HR balls I have been talking alot lately - that can be arranged! )

just ribbing you buddy for saying the chargers. i think it will be a close game and the colts will definitely score over 17 points. thats all i meant. have fun making your superbowl box.

GoTigers
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm so tired of the "who dat" junk, it's very annoying. Living in Alabama, there are a lot of fair weather saints fans. I'll take the Colts and the line.

joelsabi
02-07-2010, 02:17 PM

great guess tho. Colts 34 Saints 31. Interesting. Would you rather have Stover or Vinatieri for a game deciding kick?

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 03:12 PM
great guess tho. Colts 34 Saints 31. Interesting. Would you rather have Stover or Vinatieri for a game deciding kick?

I would rather have neither... but if it comes down to it .. Vinatieri it is.

My heart is with NO Saints but my bank roll is with Colts.

But if there is a line involve, I will stick with the dogs since it'll not be a lopsided game (too much offense of both sides).

If anything, I would do the OVER and have fun with the game!

It's going to be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER or it will be a shut out! :D

Texstros
02-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I would rather have neither... but if it comes down to it .. Vinatieri it is.

My heart is with NO Saints but my bank roll is with Colts.

But if there is a line involve, I will stick with the dogs since it'll not be a lopsided game (too much offense of both sides).

If anything, I would do the OVER and have fun with the game!

It's going to be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER or it will be a shut out! :D

Play colts ML & over if thats the way you think. Personally love unders, just a hunch! o only 4 SB have scored more than 58 points!

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Play colts ML & over if thats the way you think. Personally love unders, just a hunch! o only 4 SB have scored more than 58 points!

Tonight will be the 5th SB going over 58!

Btw, you collect Astros BP balls? I got couple of those ugliness :D .

Why would they put a big and bold H where the sweetspot it? Why not just stamped it PRACTICE like every other team?

WHY sweetspot though?

3arod13
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Colts 34-17

sox83cubs84
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts (Peyton Manning fan and Midwestern city), but I won't be upset if the Saints take it. They are clearly the sentimental favorite:) ...I don't recall a Super Bowl team gaining such a nationwide following since the Bears in SB XX.

Dave M.
Chicago area

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
What a waste of money!

Got 6 boxes - all JUNK

3-8
9-2
7-8
4-5
1-9
0-4

Colts - Saints

My only hope ... final score and miss extra point!

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
31-17 Saints ;)

capitalssticks
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
31-17 Saints ;)

i was about to do the same thing andy

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
i was about to do the same thing andy

Mine was still a prediction since the game wasn't over yet. LOL :D :D :D

Genke
02-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Mine was still a prediction since the game wasn't over yet. LOL :D :D :D

I'm starting to see a pattern develop with the three smiling faces.

Hmmmmm.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Congrats to the Saints and the city of New Orleans. For 40+ years, they have sucked, and now they're on top of the world.....sweet!!

Manram
02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Wow an impressive job by the saints

xpress34
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Don't know who will win - don't really care, but rooting for 'Who Dat?'

The only prediction I'm making is that after today, baseball talk can start in earnest!!! ;)

- Chris

Congrats Saints! Congrats MVP Drew Brees!

Can we start talking Baseball now??? :):):)

frikativ54
02-08-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm starting to see a pattern develop with the three smiling faces.

Hmmmmm.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

So - It wasn't just me?!?! :D:eek:;)

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 01:30 AM
I wish I had bet on this game I am still amazed as to why everyone even the "experts" in the media went with the Colts. Anyway, I concur on the let's talk about baseball idea. Who do people think will win the World Series this year? I am going to guess the Twins. I like what they did this offseason and I do not like the Yankees letting matsui and damon go and the BOsox offense is not good enough to go all the way.

Manram
02-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I wish I had bet on this game I am still amazed as to why everyone even the "experts" in the media went with the Colts. Anyway, I concur on the let's talk about baseball idea. Who do people think will win the World Series this year? I am going to guess the Twins. I like what they did this offseason and I do not like the Yankees letting matsui and damon go and the BOsox offense is not good enough to go all the way.

I havw to disagree. The Sox lineup is stacked.

1. Ellsbury
2. Pedroia
3. Martinez
4. Youkilis
5. Ortiz
6. Drew
7. Beltre
8. Cameron
9. Scutaro

The lineup may be out of order, but just look at the players!!!!

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM

1. Ellsbury
2. Pedroia
3. Martinez
4. Youkilis
5. Ortiz
6. Drew
7. Beltre
8. Cameron
9. Scutaro

Eh. Scutaro is a guy in his 30s coming off a career year who before then bounced around the league. Reminds me of Gary Matthews Jr. when he had that big year out of nowhere in Texas then signed with the Angels and it went so well that the Angels paid the Mets to take him. Ortiz, Cameron and Drew are older past their prime players in decline who are major injury risks. Beltre always disappoints his contract that just expired with the Mariners was one of the worst free agent contracts of the last decade. Dustin is a very good player but he cannot carry a team and he is not in Chase Utley's league. Youkillis is a good player gets on base alot, etc. but would you take him over fellow first baseman Pujols, Howard, Morneau, Fielder, Miguel Caberea, Berkman, Adrian Gonzalez or Texieria? He is maybe the 9th best hitting first baseman in baseball. Martinez is a very good hitter for a catcher but he is not near what Piazza and Pudge Rodriguez were 10 years ago and he is a terriable catcher if he moved to first base fulltime where he belongs his numbers would be nothing special. Ellsbury is speed but little else very overrated player. Overall there is alot of age, little speed (other than Jacob) and no lock to go 30-100 or even bat .300. Bay was a huge loss big time power RBI guy who was still relatively young who they have noone to replace.

Manram
02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Eh. Scutaro is a guy in his 30s coming off a career year who before then bounced around the league. Reminds me of Gary Matthews Jr. when he had that big year out of nowhere in Texas then signed with the Angels and it went so well that the Angels paid the Mets to take him. Ortiz, Cameron and Drew are older past their prime players in decline who are major injury risks. Beltre always disappoints his contract that just expired with the Mariners was one of the worst free agent contracts of the last decade. Dustin is a very good player but he cannot carry a team and he is not in Chase Utley's league. Youkillis is a good player gets on base alot, etc. but would you take him over fellow first baseman Pujols, Howard, Morneau, Fielder, Miguel Caberea, Berkman, Adrian Gonzalez or Texieria? He is maybe the 9th best hitting first baseman in baseball. Martinez is a very good hitter for a catcher but he is not near what Piazza and Pudge Rodriguez were 10 years ago and he is a terriable catcher if he moved to first base fulltime where he belongs his numbers would be nothing special. Ellsbury is speed but little else very overrated player. Overall there is alot of age, little speed (other than Jacob) and no lock to go 30-100 or even bat .300. Bay was a huge loss big time power RBI guy who was still relatively young who they have noone to replace.

Most of this is true, but then again it is what numbers they are putting up at their age. If they are not doing well then ok, but if they are still producing then you should rate them on that. Ortiz and Youkilis will go for 30 home runs and 100 rbi's next year, I am sure of that. And ellsbury has speed, average, and a lot of hits at the top of the order. They are a well balanced team IMO

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Most of this is true, but then again it is what numbers they are putting up at their age. If they are not doing well then ok, but if they are still producing then you should rate them on that. Ortiz and Youkilis will go for 30 home runs and 100 rbi's next year, I am sure of that. And ellsbury has speed, average, and a lot of hits at the top of the order. They are a well balanced team IMO

They lack an impact hitter in the middle of the order. The Yanks have Arod and Texeria, the Phils have Chase and Howard, the Twins have Mauer and Morneau, the Dodgers have Manny, Either and Kemp, the Cards have Pujols and Holliday. Their championship lineups had two of them in Manny and Ortiz. Manny is in LA and Ortiz has declined alot the last two years, he is listed as turning 35 this year but is probably a year or two older. Regardless players in their mid30's rarely regain their prior form once they start declining. He is unlikely to ever go 40-120 again. If they ever get Adrian Gonzalez as they have kept trying to do everything changes and they would be instantly a serious championship threat if not the outright favorite to win it all.

sox83cubs84
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Congratulations, Saints...you earned it.:)

Now let's talk about the REALLY important sports stuff...the stuff that involves a bat and a round ball!:) :D :cool:

Dave M.
Chicago area

joelsabi
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM

1. Ellsbury
2. Pedroia
3. Martinez
4. Youkilis
5. Ortiz
6. Drew
7. Beltre
8. Cameron
9. Scutaro

I'm anxious to see what the batting order will look like for the Yankees. Where will Granderson and Nick Johnson will be plugged in by Giraldi during ST.

Manram
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm anxious to see what the batting order will look like for the Yankees. Where will Granderson and Nick Johnson will be plugged in by Giraldi during ST.

I could be wrong but i believe they interviewed joe after they acquired both players and he said granderson will bat 9th and johnson will bat 2nd

legaleagle92481
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I could be wrong but i believe they interviewed joe after they acquired both players and he said granderson will bat 9th and johnson will bat 2nd

Your 1/2 right I believe. Johnson is batting second because of his high onbase %. But Granderson will probably hit 6th or 7th regularly but against lefties he may get dropped to 8th. Noone he bats behind the Garner/Winn platoon ever. Here is a predicted lineup:

1. Jeter
2. Johnson
3. Arod
4. Tex
5. Posada
6. Cano or Granderson or Swisher
7. Cano or Granderson or Swisher
8. Swisher or Granderson
9. Garner/Winn