PDA

View Full Version : With your tax refunds, what would you purchase if it is available?

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
My first choice would be a game used World Series jersey - either CC or Matsui.

Second choice and if the price is right of course - Mariano game used bat from the WS '09 (Cody Ransom bat).

Dont have a third choice ... but I can used it for a decent poker game. :D

CampWest
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not getting a refund...

yankees.stub
02-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm not getting a refund...

:D

Are you sure you were not the one who won the 500th HR ball from Arod?

Only logical explanation!

murfsteve25
02-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Already got my tax return money. So far I've bought a 1995 David Justice world series jersey and one of his first baseman gloves from his early Braves days. The rest of the money is going in the bank!

BIGSTIG
02-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Bill Buckner Cubs Jersey Preferably Home 77-80

Or

Moises Alou Fielders Glove

bigtruck260
02-06-2010, 02:28 AM
I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...

legaleagle92481
02-06-2010, 02:38 AM
I am not getting a tax refund because I have to pay taxes on my capital gains. However, if I were getting extra money from someplace the first thing I would do is buy an NFL Game used jersey as for certain players that I would want I don't have a specfic list I just see what is available online and buy what strikes my fancy at the time. Unlike autographs other than the stuff Jo sells (and at times they sell out of players also even) you cannot predicate what will be on the market at a given time so you just have to roll with the punches. Last week I saw a Brees with JO COA on Ebay for a good price so I bought it but I would not hold up my buying in the hope that a Brees would hit the market if it was not available I would have just bought something else.

HENMICK44
02-06-2010, 03:21 AM
A Paul Oneill home white Reds jersey,or a Joe Torre home white LA Dodgers jersey!

skyking26
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I was hoping that the steriod issue might lower the price of McGwire gamers, but it's been quite the contrary. I know that another forum member got one of his grails (well used 96 A's model) and it cost him a pretty penny...more than I would have expected it to go for BEFORE the steriod admission.

Anyway, if I thought the wife would be OK with it - I'd go after a 1998/1999 McGwire Cards bat. I have been researching and looking at auction after auction for a good one...and I know of a couple for sale.

I still am amazed at how many bats were stolen, from that time period. There are way more fakes than real ones out there.

I might even be happy with the issued/signed model on eBay at the moment. At least I don't have to worry about it being fake - and it's got a perfect sig on it.

I am thinking a legit Mac bat from that time frame is gonna cost $1400-$2000 depending on use. I'd be interested in Rboitano's or Panthrotc's or maybe Carlie Medina's opinions...
I bought my 2000 Mac, hammered, signed, uncracked for $1800 last fall. Came down the pipeline: Medina to Brett to me. Tuff to find. Email for pics.

momen55
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
nothing. i am paying my debts! although, i did buy a laptop which i needed. :)

BULBUS
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm using mine to pay the mortgage while my wife is on maternity leave this summer. Another boy :)

harpt
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm using mine to pay the mortgage while my wife is on maternity leave this summer. Another boy :)

Awesome man...congratultions!!

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Make sure you put both boys name on the will --- for your GU stuff, before the wife goes nut and get rid of them.

Congrats btw!

jv225
02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
What's this refund you speak of :confused:
I haven't seen one of those in awhile.

yankees.stub
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
What's this refund you speak of :confused:
I haven't seen one of those in awhile.

Then you must be one of those making more than the rest of us... I dont feel sorry for you!

Have a bud!

jv225
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I definitely wouldn't say that. I own a small business and that complicates things.

cohibasmoker
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Since an Aston Martin is out, I'll probably get a couple boxes of cigars from a little island 90 miles South of the U.S.A. This may be the last year for a decent refund with many tax credits due to expire in 2010. :(

jv225 - I feel for you brother. Hang in there.

Jim