PDA

View Full Version : KC Royals - Spring Training Stadium

Rob L
02-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey all,

I will be in Surprise, AZ to catch the Angels against the Royals. I have never been to that stadium and was wondering if anyone knew where the best place to collect autographs is at their facility.

Thanks,

MichaelofSF
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey Rob,
If you are trying to get the Royals autos, they have their dugout on the 3rd base side. They enter in through where the left field foul pole is. That is a good spot either when they enter or when the starters leave (during the middle of the game). You can also try the practice fields as they have several fields near the parking lot. Hope this helps

Rob L
02-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info Michael.

xpress34
02-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Rob -

Have you been to Surprise before? Bullard Ave is the MAIN drag in front of the Stadium on the E side.

Greenway runs on the S Side of the campus, Paradise on the N and Parkview on the W.

If you take Greenway to Parkview and turn N, you will see practice fields and parking lots for the Rangers across the street from Valley Vista High School.

If you continue N you will see the Royals practice fields and parking across from Parkview Elementary.

I have never done the Royals practices, but have done the Rangers many times and find them to be one of the most fan friendly and fan convenient in the Cactus League.

When are you going??? I'll be there in Mid to Late March.

- Chris

OaklandAsFan
02-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I would personally not waste time with the Royals practice fields. It is not as fan friendly or accessible as the Rangers side is. There is a very small gate at the end of the two main fields that people congregate at but the players can (and most of the stars usually do) avoid passing.

Like others have mentioned, get a spot down the LF line, most of the younger guys will sign on the way out to the field and most of the bigger guys will tell you that they will get you when they come out and they usually do stop and sign on the way off the field in the middle innings.

Rob L
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Rob -

Have you been to Surprise before? Bullard Ave is the MAIN drag in front of the Stadium on the E side.

Greenway runs on the S Side of the campus, Paradise on the N and Parkview on the W.

If you take Greenway to Parkview and turn N, you will see practice fields and parking lots for the Rangers across the street from Valley Vista High School.

If you continue N you will see the Royals practice fields and parking across from Parkview Elementary.

I have never done the Royals practices, but have done the Rangers many times and find them to be one of the most fan friendly and fan convenient in the Cactus League.

When are you going??? I'll be there in Mid to Late March.

- Chris

Hey Chris,

First time to Surprise. Only weekend we could swing is March 13th. We usually try to set it up to see the Angels in Tempe but I do like seeing them at some of the other stadiums.