PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Live Superbowl Auction

hockeytigers
02-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Hunt has their live auction soon and I wondered if anyone has been outbid by the live portion of the auction or is it more of a show and tell session? Thanks!!

legaleagle92481
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Hunt has their live auction soon and I wondered if anyone has been outbid by the live portion of the auction or is it more of a show and tell session? Thanks!!

You are a couple of days early the online auction is active until tommorrow. You don't have to be outbid to lose the bidding at the live auction opens at the second highest bid and if someone then matches your bid you lose. I would think there would be a decent amount of bids alot of wealthy corporate guys go to the Super Bowl and probably the auction so on the big name stuff like the Warner, Favre and Sanchez gamers I would expect alot of bidding at the live.

Jake51
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi,

From personal experience, if there is something you really want it is best to be part of the live auction. You can sign up in advance to have someone from Hunt call you shortly before the estimated time your item comes up. They will then just be on the phone with you and ask you (very quickly) what you want to bid, do you want to up your bid vs. what someone else bid, etc.

I participated last year and won the item I wanted and have to say it was a pretty nerve wracking but exciting process as there were two other folks that wanted the same item I wanted and the bidding was pretty fast and furious.

Going for that Prater jersey? That was the only kicker I noticed...:D

Good luck!

Thanks,

Tom

hockeytigers
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks!! This will be my first time bidding in the Super Bowl Auction and wondered if there were people actually bidding or if it was pretty quiet. I was in Detroit for the Super Bowl and there were a few different areas that had auctions and the reserves were so high, that there were hardly any people that bid on anything. The only people bidding were the former NFL players...it was kind of funny.

P.S. - Yes, I would like the Prater jersey... :D