PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander jersey on Historic Auctions

orangebowl
11-25-2005, 04:23 AM
It appears that the Shaun Alexander rookie jersey currently on auction with Historic Auctions was sold recently on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86829&item=8712321600

The stray strands on the PUMA and "00" year tags are identical in both sets of pictures. The reason I'm pointing it out is that the ebay seller added this statement in his description:

"I bought this jersey on Ebay about one year ago as a game used Alexander rookie jersey, but I am not sure because the nameplate seems to be a different material than the rest of the jersey, so I am selling it as is."

I have no interest in this Alexander jersey (buyer or seller) and I'm no expert in Seahawks jerseys..........I just stumbled upon this while researching on ebay and I recalled that Historic had a similar item, and it appears to be the exact jersey. Maybe it's real; I just figured whoever is bidding on this jersey would appreciate the information.

Incidentally, the ebay auction ended on 10/28 and the Historic auction began on 11/18. If it's the same jersey, the ebay buyer must have rushed to get it into Historic by their consignment deadline.