PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Mays can you sign my ball.....with your bat????

BIGSTIG
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Man does this suck to see **** like this done!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WILLIE-MAYS-game-used-bat-hand-made-pen-MEARS-cert_W0QQitemZ140380343955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20af520e93

rj_lucas
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Who cares about historic artifacts when there's a buck to be made! Let's cut up the Declaration of Independence and make some chase cards!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

joelsabi
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Man does this suck to see **** like this done!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WILLIE-MAYS-game-used-bat-hand-made-pen-MEARS-cert_W0QQitemZ140380343955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20af520e93

why settle for a pen made from a willie mays bat when you can get a pen made from yankee stadium seats. :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yankee-Stadium-Seat-hand-made-rollerball-pen-MEARS-cert_W0QQitemZ140380339238QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20af51fc26

SaintsGeaux
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Original priced at over $600 - CLOSE OUT $395

What a deal. He probabily considers this game used to?

SaintsGeaux
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I was searching for Billy Ripken bats once and came across on the Ripken Foundation website where they had chopped up a Griffey, a Billy Ripken and a Cal Ripken Jr. cracked bat and made them into pens.

Between crap like that and those game used cards i cant stand it.

bigtruck260
02-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I'd be interested to see how many of these have been purchased...

I am imgagining a corporate holiday party where this is the 'gift'.

They have magazines and catalogs dedicated to pen collecting, and it's a pretty unique item - at least they used something certified by MEARS (unlike many of the card companies did)...

Sure, someone made a mistake by cutting up an artifact, but I would most certainly not turn one down if it was given to me as a gift.

WadeInBmore
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Who cares about historic artifacts when there's a buck to be made! Let's cut up the Declaration of Independence and make some chase cards!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

You know I hear that there is a map on the reverse side of that document that leads you to the most glorious treasure EVER :D

...but on a more serious note...I think the idea is neat if the bat is destroyed or you only have a piece of it, but not when you take a perfectly good bat and do that. I cried a bit when I saw that picture...complete with mears COA LMAO. It says that the pen and the box are included...I don't see the box in the picture unless the box is the bat handle.

Somebody told me that they saw cufflinks made out of old baseball stadium items (like the the chairs etc). Thought that was a neat idea, but I like to imagine that they make these items out of already damaged items no longer worthy of display or use.

This brings me to my new collecting foundation called "Save The Artifact". We collect all items of game use to preserve them in there current state and keep them away from the malicious card companies that plan on cutting them up or other hobbiests looking to deface and destroy the historical pieces. Anyone wishing to donate to the newly formed foundation can do so through paypal...send it to hotstab@gmail.com. ;)

wade

sox83cubs84
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Hey...if the card companies REALLY want a hot chase card, how about buying (and slicing up) a Honus Wagner T206 card? Given the small size, it would definitely be a limited (and numbered) run...:p

Oh, yeah, that's right...Topps, Upper Deck and friends never deface THEIR collectors' items...only OURS.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area