PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Another 6 Weeks Of Winter - How Will You Spend It?

TriplexXxSports
02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Sun just came up and I just got done shoveling 4" of snow. Seems that furry little thing has it out for us northern folks.

Another 6 weeks of winter, how will you spend it?

OaklandAsFan
02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Starting in about 14 days I will spend it at assorted ST camps in Arizona then once games start I will spend it sitting at baseball games every day.

yanks12025
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Does he ever not see his shadow, i find it hard to believe because any little light will make one. But i'll spead my weeks ahead getting ready for the baseball season.

woody1351
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
im leaving for daytona in a week for the races, other than that just work.

platinum1
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Sun just came up and I just got done shoveling 4" of snow. Seems that furry little thing has it out for us northern folks.

Another 6 weeks of winter, how will you spend it?
WOW You got 4" of snow.
I'm south of Chicago and all we got was a dust of snow.
I took out the broom and just swept it :p

xpress34
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Does he ever not see his shadow, i find it hard to believe because any little light will make one. But i'll spead my weeks ahead getting ready for the baseball season.

LMAO!!!

I was just having this discussion with a guy at work... seems like he's bass ackwards in his predictions:

If it's SUNNY (so he sees his shadow) it's 6 more weeks of Winter.

If it's OVERCAST (so no shadow) it's an early Spring???

Anyway, spending my next 6 weeks prepping for ST with a weekend aunt to Vegas with the wife thrown in for good measure and St Pats (I'm Irish) ust before the annual ST Mecca for me... to AZ that is!!!

- Chris

34swtns
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Sitting on the beach, sippin' a cerveza, complaining when the temperature dips below 65.

(Sorry, Matt).

TriplexXxSports
02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
WOW You got 4" of snow.
I'm south of Chicago and all we got was a dust of snow.
I took out the broom and just swept it :p

Yeah man. I am just above Rockford before the Wisconsin border and sure as sh*t......4" of snow.

Chicago seems to have really dodged the bullet this year when it comes to the crap that has blown through our area this winter.

Can't wait for spring though!

AND RICK, I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON YOUR LIME!

yankees.stub
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Digging out my baseball DVD collection and watch the game(s) over again and see if I missed anything!

mariner_gamers
02-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I have to replace the bulbs and bands in the pinball. Swap out some songs in the jukebox. Check the controls on the arcade games. Replace the drums on Rock Band. Replace a few fifths in the bar, thoroughly clean the kegerator lines and get ready for the party that begins the first week of March. Spring Training is one giant weekend bash at our house. Lots of local baseball fans, at least 6 coming in from out of state and a large St. Patty's party!! Gotta make sure the toys are up to par!!!!

cohibasmoker
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
We live eight miles from the Atlantic City airport where Spirit airlines is located. They run specials all the time and along with Priceline for inexpensive rental cars, we have two (2) trips planned for the Florida Keys.

We prefer Palm trees and Cocktails rather than freezing weather and a foot of snow.

Jim

TriplexXxSports
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I just talked the Mrs. into letting me gut our bathroom. Full overhaul! New electric, new drywall, custom made all tile shower w/ custom shelves and seats, adding a window, a new ultra flow high rise thrown for me, new cabinets, granite sinks (his & hers), mirrors, 2 bath fans, custom in-wall shelves for towels & accessories, custom made make-up storage & heat light for her...all in 6 weeks!

This should be interesting.