PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else collect Lastings Milledge?

LastingsMilledge85
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
If anyone has any Lastings Milledge items, please feel free to post pictures of them. Currently I'm up to 22 items plus another is on the way, so 23 soon. If anyone is willing to part with any please let me know and I should be able to counter a reasonable offer. Below is a link to all the pictures of the game used items I have of his, not pictured is a written letter from Lastings to me.Thanks
http://gameusedsports.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=8052020

coxfan
02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't collect Milledge or an other particular player, but I saw him play a number of low Class A minor-league games here. I do have a walkoff HR ball that was hit by someone else when he was on base, but nothing else. In my years of watching minor-league games, I got only two HR balls. Neither was hit by a future major-leaguer, but both had a future MLB regular on base!

Buster
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
LastingsMilledge,

I am curious as to what got you interested in this one particular player? So much so that you now collect his stuff almost exclusively it appears. Care to share that with us?

Thanks,

Buster

LastingsMilledge85
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Buster, I'm glad you asked. There are so many reasons why I like Lastings Milledge. One reason is that I will never ever forget his game tying home run off Armando Benitez, and then high-fived the fans in the front row. I thought that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in the game, and he became so scrutinized for it. He always carried that swagger on the field that always caught my eye and intrigued me. He is a player that does things HIS way and will make that public, yeah he probably won't have much success in the majors but I have so much fun watching him. I have never met him, and would like to. I did however write to him, and like some three months later he wrote me back and I thought that was neat. In the end, he's just one of the players I always root for and for some reason draws a crowd. As collecting goes, I do collect other things but he is "my guy" that I collect. My other favorite players that I try to find items of, but is hard include, Matt Wise, Derrick Turnbow, and Micah Owings. Of the three I only have a Wise Mets jersey.

Buster
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Buster, I'm glad you asked. There are so many reasons why I like Lastings Milledge. One reason is that I will never ever forget his game tying home run off Armando Benitez, and then high-fived the fans in the front row. I thought that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in the game, and he became so scrutinized for it. He always carried that swagger on the field that always caught my eye and intrigued me. He is a player that does things HIS way and will make that public, yeah he probably won't have much success in the majors but I have so much fun watching him. I have never met him, and would like to. I did however write to him, and like some three months later he wrote me back and I thought that was neat. In the end, he's just one of the players I always root for and for some reason draws a crowd. As collecting goes, I do collect other things but he is "my guy" that I collect. My other favorite players that I try to find items of, but is hard include, Matt Wise, Derrick Turnbow, and Micah Owings. Of the three I only have a Wise Mets jersey.

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation.

He sounds like my kind of player too!! I LIKE players who express themselves like he did. They make fans for life, case-in-point, you!

I just hope he's on his toes the next time he faces Benitez, or he may have to have a MLB surgically removed from his dreadlocks!!

Buster

LastingsMilledge85
02-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Well Benitez is done so Lastings won't be seeing him again. This year Lastings' dreads are longer than ever, and looks best with them. The shaved head in 2007 wasn't working.

Mulligans
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Never heard of him...... Until I joined the website and saw your name. I asked my 10 year old and of course he let me know how stupid I was for not knowing him! Now that I have educated myself ........he is indeed a pretty cool guy, I picked up a nice bat of his a few weeks ago on MLB!

dirtyla2000
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Besides you and his mom probably not!:D

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I wish, but unfortuantely not. Two big items I wanted I lost via auction, couldn't believe it and boy was I pissed.

Mulligans
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I hope one of those items you lost, wasn't the Bat that I got......Was it?:confused:

obpercent1
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Please email me I finally have the pic's of the bat we spoke about last month. Thanks Mike
mpoppers@cafeservices.com

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I hope one of those items you lost, wasn't the Bat that I got......Was it?:confused:

No, it was a Pirates TBTC uniform and a game used Binghamton Mets jersey, that was listed on the classified, but never checked. I ended up losing on Ebay for it. If anyone knows who has them, or if anyone here has them I would love to make offers for them.

lnfogel@aol.com
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
2006 LASTINGS MILLEDGE HOME ALTERNATE ROOKIE
WITH METS PATCH AND NAME ON BACK (#44)
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL DEBUT (MAY 30) (LOA)

i have this jersey in my collection, if interested contact me at email address
thanks andy

LastingsMilledge85
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Email sent