PDA

View Full Version : This is why I am associated with GUU

JimCaravello
06-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Members - please see the thread below:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=13966#post13966

I have been on the golf course all afternoom, but saw Kevin's post right before I left the office. After I got off the course today, the first call I made was to Chris Cavalier and I told him I would buy the bat - Chris then told me about the thread above and the fact that GUU will make the situation right. To top that off, I came home and Mike Specht had sent me an e-mail and had offered to buy the bat. I am so excited to be associated with Mike and Chris and the entire GUU Team and all the Members on the site to date..........I see VERY FEW other companies in our industry where the associates involved would all come to the same conclusion separately - AND ALSO THE CORRECT CONCLUSION.........

I am just so excited to be part of this team and very humbled to have been asked to participate in the site the way I do.
:)
Jim - jcaravello@nc.rr.com

b.heagy
06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Jim,
That is AWESOME ! Kudos to all of you. Just prooves that there are GOOD GUYS in this hobby ! You are all very honorable.

Bill

stkmtimo
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
I agree! Jim, Mike, Eric, Chris are all great. The hobby needs hundreds of more people like you.

Tim

ghostkid
06-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I had a very lengthy phone conversation with Chris Cavalier this morning concerning the Eddie Mathews bat issue. Let me summarize the conversation by saying that GUF is working with both the seller and myself to make sure everyone is satisfied. It's obvious to me that both the seller and the GUF guys are very honorable individuals who should be commended for being such positive role models for the hobby. I am floored by the quick response and tremendous customer service that Chris/Jim/Mike/etc have afforded me. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the seller's willingness to work out an amicable solution. I have never met any of these individuals face-to-face, yet I feel I have a common bond with each of them. I'm looking forward to the day I can meet each of them and shake their hands. Thank you guys - you are the essence of what the hobby should be!!!

Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com

sportscentury
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Guys - great to see this positive thread. Very nice to hear.
Reid

ChrisCavalier
07-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

As promised, I wanted to provide an update on this situation. The net result is:

a) Kevin has been refunded his money,
b) The bat was sold to the under-bidder at the price he would have bid if Kevin were not involved with the auction, and
c) We have provided the seller with a payment for any lost revenue he would have otherwise forfeited by eliminating Kevin's bid.

I want to personally thank Kevin and Thad (the seller) for the patience and consideration they exhibited throughout the process. They are both members of this site and, given their ethics and professionalism, we are proud to have them as part of our community.

In addition, I wanted re-post what I stated in the other thread on this topic here for those who have yet to see it:

"...this situation is a perfect example of why Game Used Universe exists. I can tell you from personal experience that there aren't that many companies out there that put the collector first. In fact, I am going through a personal situation right now (I can't share the specifics at the moment) where I made a purchase based on information I received that has been proven to be inaccurate. However, rather than the company making the situation right, they are not accepting the responsibility I believe is due me, the collector, who trusted them.

To this point, I can tell you that Game Used Universe is different from other companies. We were created by collectors, for collectors. Unlike other companies, rather than leaving you out in the cold and denying any responsibility, we will make sure the right thing is done."

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

ghostkid
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have thanked them before, but I would like to publicly thank both the GUU team as well as Chad again. Their display of professionalism throughout this matter has been nothing short of a perfect model for all hobby collectors and dealers to mimic when confronted with a sticky situation. I consider these folks to be among the "good guys" in the hobby, and I encourage you to do the same.

Kevin Kasper

mphcollectibles
07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Best Website for Game Used discussions period.