PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to go from a 46 to a 50 in one year?

Gremillion, j
01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Aaron brooks wore a size 46 gold alternate jersey in 2002. and on ebay a guy says he has a brooks jersey from 2003 and its a size 50. does this make sense?

Buster
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Aaron brooks wore a size 46 gold alternate jersey in 2002. and on ebay a guy says he has a brooks jersey from 2003 and its a size 50. does this make sense?

Only if you've adopted the off-season work ethics of "John Kruk", or changed your dress-code taste to that of "Manny Ramirez".

Otherwise, it's highly unlikely.

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Only if you've adopted the off-season work ethics of "John Kruk", or changed your dress-code taste to that of "Manny Ramirez".

Otherwise, it's highly unlikely.

A guy could try out a bigger size for a while. Or the team could have changed uniform suppliers. There are many reasons for a size change that have nothing to do with the authenticity of a jersey.

favrenvikes09
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
I've seen guys in baseball go up sizes in the same year so I dont think its out of the question. I know Prince Fielder went up at least two sizes in a year cause he wears more lose fitting jerseys now compared to his first callup and rookie year. Its not unheard of, he could have gone from wearing a jersey size 46 that was stretched tight over his pads like some linemen and skill players do, to a size 50 for a more lose and relaxed cut/feel for throwing and etc.

worldchamps
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
i bet i went from a 46 to a 50 my first year after college, been trying for 10 years to go backwards though

cohibasmoker
01-31-2010, 05:42 PM

Did Mr. Brooks start wearing a flack jacket underneath his jersey? Maybe a kidney guard or some other item (s) to protect the ribcage area of his body?

Just a thought,

Gremillion, j
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Did Mr. Brooks start wearing a flack jacket underneath his jersey? Maybe a kidney guard or some other item (s) to protect the ribcage area of his body?

Just a thought,

he wore a rib cage protector thing..but im pretty sure he wore that in 2002 also

Gremillion, j
01-31-2010, 06:10 PM
also..jo has a 2006 raiders jersey from his thats a 46

Manram
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I also believe it is possible. I don't know forst hand but he could try a different size or maybe gain a little weight or muscle

Aloving77
01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
After comparing pictures from 2002 and 2003, I'd say it's pretty unlikely. It would be possible for someone to go from a 46 to a 50, but then to go back to a 46 again later? Probably not. The gold jersey curently on ebay was auctioned off by the Saints back after the 2002 season. The JO Sports jersey came from the Raiders. We don't know where this jersey came from, but it's a size 50. Which one of these things is not like the other?

Buster
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Over the time I've been aware of this site, and in reading the older threads, I've noticed that there are quite a few members that give advice that I would say is misleading and off tract, and really have nothing of substance backing their point of view other than just an opinion. Often times, those opinions are completely lacking of sound knowledge. In my mind, that's dangerous and hurtful to collectors. I wish there was more of a moderation element to this site, where the non-factual "opinions" that are voiced could be removed due to lack of foundation. But that would mean the mods would have to be fairly knowledgable in the hobby too in regards to most of the subjects.

So I guess the lesson to be learned here is.....you get what you pay for.

And these comments are free. Please make note of that.

Buster

LastingsMilledge85
02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
46 to 50 is a big jump. I have one 46 and 50 jersey and it is a big difference. The player that wore the 46 normally wears a 48 but would never fit into a 50 and the same goes for the player I have with the 50 jersey. Did the player in your case ever wear a 48? It seems possible though if the player you are yalkig about got bigger overtime or was given a jersey too small to start with. In this hobby though all we can do is speculate and hope.