PDA

View Full Version : OT - Mean-Spiritedness

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi Forum Members,

I want to share a concern that I have. In a thread about Bagwell items, I asked if the seller had any Bagwell cleats. The result was the following:

"then i get 3 more emails from anonymuos people who tell me what a mistake i would make selling anything to frikativ54. so to answer you all, i am not selling anything else."

I am appalled that there are people who read the forum whose goal it is to make sure that I don't get any more Bagwell items. What has this forum come to that this kind of behavior is even acceptable?

To the person sending these emails, you owe me an apology. Come forward and admit your actions. You poisoned the well, and you should be suspended from the Game Used Forums.

This kind of garbage is the reason that I limit my time on this website.

sarahsdad
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Where is the thread that you are referring to? I am not able to find it.

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Where is the thread that you are referring to? I am not able to find it.

It was deleted at the poster's request. You posted in it, and the guy was trying to sell Rangers' and Astros' items. Midway through the thread, the seller posted that he received three anonymous emails not to sell to me.

Jules9
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Pretty pathetic if this did happen. Then people wonder why the hobby is dead or people leave the hobby.

It's amazing how much cr@p happens because of a used piece of clothing or a bat or ball.

sarahsdad
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
I did not read that deeply into the thread. Someone was looking for Bagwell/Biggio items and that was what caught my attention.
Unfortunately there are at least 3 people that have had something other then a postive experience with you as a buyer.
Sarahsdad

Buster
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
It was deleted at the poster's request. You posted in it, and the guy was trying to sell Rangers' and Astros' items. Midway through the thread, the seller posted that he received three anonymous emails not to sell to me.

Why would someone say such a thing? Did you possibly buy something in the past from someone here, and then not pay? Did you return something damaged that wasn't when you received it? I just don't understand.

Buster

grenda12
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Can people not act their age.

Ignore it, Ive said this many times. If you dont like what their saying or doing, move on and ignore it. Its the adult thing to do. Then again there are too many people on this forum that like to be centered around the drama that they are causing.

Grow Up!

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately there are at least 3 people that have had something other then a postive experience with you as a buyer.
Sarahsdad

That's weird. I have only had transactions with three board members, and two of them were positive. Perhaps the same person wrote in three times. Or maybe someone else has a grudge against me. Who knows. I just don't think that should be going on on Game Used Universe.

sarahsdad
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Buster:
If you are looking for Bagwell/Biggio/Astros GU items please email me. I have some items you may be interested in.
Sarahsdad
wavelandandaddison@hotmail.com

Jays1fan
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
I feel for you Frik. There are 2 many people on here that their whole purpose is to cause trouble. This place needs some Mods to clean the crap up.

Jays1fan
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Can people not act their age.

Ignore it, Ive said this many times. If you dont like what their saying or doing, move on and ignore it. Its the adult thing to do. Then again there are too many people on this forum that like to be centered around the drama that they are causing.

Grow Up!

Really ? YOU just dumped on my thread. Why didnt you ignore that one ?

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I feel for you Frik. There are 2 many people on here that their whole purpose is to cause trouble. This place needs some Mods to clean the crap up.

Thanks. I know what you mean. You'd think I could post a question about Bagwell cleats in peace, without knowing that some seller gets three anonymous emails not to sell to me.

And in answer to another question, I have always paid for my items. Never returned one thing on Game Used Universe. Matter of fact, I've only been involved with a few transactions with members of this site.

What is this site coming to?

Buster
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Jays1fan,

The trouble you are referring to seems to be something that happened off this site, yet she brought it to the forum and posted about it. Maybe it's that kind of activity that causes a lot of the problems here? I don't know, just saying maybe. The mods can't do anything about activity that occurs our of the arena they moderate, right?

As grenda12 mentioned, maybe the best approach is to just ignore the nonsense. If one receives an unfriendly email, just forget it. I'm sure we all have gotten one or two of those in our lifetimes. If the bad stuff doesn't get posted here, no one can react to it. Calling out for people to get kicked off the forum, when we don't even know who we're talking about, seems silly, don't you think?

Buster

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Jays1fan,

The trouble you are referring to seems to be something that happened off this site, yet she brought it to the forum and posted about it. Maybe it's that kind of activity that causes a lot of the problems here? I don't know, just saying maybe. The mods can't do anything about activity that occurs our of the arena they moderate, right?

The trouble I am referring to happened in reference to a post on this site. I asked if a seller had Bagwell cleats. In response, the seller claims he received three anonymous emails telling not to sell to me. I haven't done anything to deserve such emails, as I always pay for my items.

As grenda12 mentioned, maybe the best approach is to just ignore the nonsense. If one receives an unfriendly email, just forget it. I'm sure we all have gotten one or two of those in our lifetimes. If the bad stuff doesn't get posted here, no one can react to it. Calling out for people to get kicked off the forum, when we don't even know who we're talking about, seems silly, don't you think?

The situation is not as easy as just forgetting about it. If I am to have equal access to the site, I should be able to post freely without other members sending out messages that people ought not to deal with me. Obviously, someone is holding a grudge against me. For what, I do not know, but it's pretty rude to send emails that people should not deal with me. If I have done something wrong, I would like to hear about it. Until then, I think it's only fair to ask for an explanation.

Jays1fan
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
The trouble I am referring to happened in reference to a post on this site. I asked if a seller had Bagwell cleats. In response, the seller claims he received three anonymous emails telling not to sell to me. I haven't done anything to deserve such emails, as I always pay for my items.

The situation is not as easy as just forgetting about it. If I am to have equal access to the site, I should be able to post freely without other members sending out messages that people ought not to deal with me. Obviously, someone is holding a grudge against me. For what, I do not know, but it's pretty rude to send emails that people should not deal with me. If I have done something wrong, I would like to hear about it. Until then, I think it's only fair to ask for an explanation.

I thought I read that right. This is what I am talking about. To many idiots that just get away with posting Crap. Same trouble makers all the time.
Funny that The thread you are referring to got deleted. The mods chose to just lock mine and leave it up. Then , the same trouble makers go and start up on another thread of mine and make NEW Member names just to post on it.

Buster
01-31-2010, 03:43 PM

I am sorry, I never saw that post? Did the thread get deleted, as I can't find it now. I misunderstood and thought it was an email you had sent. I apologize for my confusion.

Still, I think you inflame the situation by making ending statements on your posts like "What is this forum coming to?"

I just can't imagine anything positive coming out of a question like that. I hope you can see it from my point of view in a friendly offering?

Buster

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I am sorry, I never saw that post? Did the thread get deleted, as I can't find it now. I misunderstood and thought it was an email you had sent. I apologize for my confusion.

This was on a thread that has now been deleted. The seller reported that he got three anonymous emails telling him not to deal with me.

SaintsGeaux
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
frikativ54 - I got your email and the email addresses were all bogus bouncebacks from @yahoo.com Probabily the same person. i wouldnt worry about it beacuause like i said i already sold them before i ever heard from you and if someone doesnt have the balls to identify themselves then i can read into exactly what they are.

now then, Michael in MyBlackEscalade is up to 33 emails to me wanting names, numbers, scans, prices, phone numbers, other peoples phone numbers, on a Billy Ripken game used Tigers bat that i will not sell. Funny thing is Michael says he doesnt even belong to this forum .

i agree with frikative54 that there is alot of mean spiritdness stuff going on.

this will be my only post and unless i know you previously i am just going to delete all emails and foward them to spam. Sorry but I am a big collector and only came on here to try it out as i have been reading for a long time. I did appreciate Yamils and Bill H. and Buster and a few others for some good chatter.

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
frikativ54 - I got your email and the email addresses were all bogus bouncebacks from @yahoo.com Probabily the same person. i wouldnt worry about it beacuause like i said i already sold them before i ever heard from you and if someone doesnt have the balls to identify themselves then i can read into exactly what they are.

Thanks for clarifying this. I'm wondering if it's the same guy who sent me a series of explicit emails a year ago. But anyway, thanks for letting me know that it's not one of the regulars on here. That would truly be creepy.

stretch
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I saw the thread last night. I can only assume it was deleted due to it mentioning players, items under $500, and an email to contact the seller. It's not like it listed individual items and actually had a price, so to obtain the price an email had to be sent to the seller. IMO, that would be delete worthy.

Also, we should be thankful to have the "Collector To Collector Classifieds (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)" section, but some people on here continue to complain about it, and those people should be grateful that Game Used Universe offers that feature. If it fails to improve I can understand why the higher-ups on the site would consider removing it again, or maybe for good.