PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storm 2010 - Who Is Getting Hit?

3arod13
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Winter Storm 2010 - Who Is Getting Hit?

Chesapeake, Virginia

Regards, Tony

Swoboda4
01-30-2010, 11:01 AM
I love it when it snows but apparently this storm is going to -for some uknown reason-miss the Hudson Valley.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/northeast_loop.php

You can use another foot of snow the way the Doppler showed the width of the storm,yesterday it spanned 1/3 of the country.

Swoboda4
01-30-2010, 11:09 AM
It should hit me within 3 hours,but I think it's breaking up. How the forecasters aren't hedging their bets ,and saying it may come(NY) , is a mystery. If I just watched the newscasts I wouldn't know it exists. But it does seem to be thinning out.

CampWest
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
It looked like Hoth around here (KC) from Christmas through about a week ago. Then we had a few days in the 50s and it all melted, then we got about an inch here last night - nothing too major with the latest storm.

hockeytigers
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
I live in Michigan and it is nice to see others getting hit with snow and not us! I've only had the shovel out once this year...Do you hear that...that's me knocking on wood!

eisenreich8
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Tony, Our 'hood looks just like yours (Cary, NC). Still sleeting, maybe 6-7 inches on the ground, worst snowfall since we moved here from MA in 2005. We despise it.

Manram
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
We have no snow in California like usual:D

RJB44
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Still snowing good up here in Northern VA (3:00pm).

allstarsplus
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Still snowing good up here in Northern VA (3:00pm).

I have the same snow as you on the Beltway in Maryland.

Lots of signings today including big Capitals w/ Ovechkin signing and the Nationals Caravan! The snow have messed up many plans!

both-teams-played-hard
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Tony, Our 'hood looks just like yours (Cary, NC). Still sleeting, maybe 6-7 inches on the ground, worst snowfall since we moved here from MA in 2005. We despise it.
Cary? Cool, I was born and raised in Raleighwood. My family gave me the weather report from the Triangle.
... 65 and sunny here in SoCal.

metsbats
01-30-2010, 04:39 PM
The closest it'll get to NY is South Jersey. At least that's what they say.

sox83cubs84
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
We've only had minimal snow In Berwyn recently, but the past week has been cold. Snow by me has been lighter than anticipated...even our biggest snowfall stopped at about 5 inches. Some suburbs of Chicago, especially north and west, have fared significantly worse.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jetersbatboy
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
winter in Hawaii

Neely8
02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Getting clobbered again here at the Jersey Shore and it SUCKS!! :mad:

maccamania
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
South Jersey here and we got almost 2 feet !!!:(

bigtime59
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Second time in 90 days, we've been hammered with approximately two feet of snow. We've shoveled the walks six times in the last 24 hours.

sox83cubs84
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Looking out my window, i see about 1 inch of new stuff settled on traces of old stuff. I feel bad for Andrew, Mark, and the rest of our area Forum members...Congress, not so much.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

dcgreg25
02-06-2010, 07:23 PM
30 inches was the total for us up in Maryland.

capitalssticks
02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
We have 2-3 feet on the eastern shore in MD, cant wait to try and shovel that tomorrow. I put in a solid 20 minutes today before i said forget this.

orioles03
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
30+ inches could not get out my door this morning ,i know i will feel it in the morning been shoveling all day

allstarsplus
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
My woodpecker was having fun on one of my trees.

One of my cars is buried.

Only 29 inches!

jetersbatboy
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Looking at the pictures you are posting makes me wonder how you do it. 65 degrees in Hawaii is a cold day!! But looking at all that snow, how do you people function.... the warmest things I own are a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Good luck to all that are being cursed with snow!!

joelsabi
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Looking at the pictures you are posting makes me wonder how you do it. 65 degrees in Hawaii is a cold day!! But looking at all that snow, how do you people function.... the warmest things I own are a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Good luck to all that are being cursed with snow!!

Hey Scott,

I am in the same boat as you here in California. I obtain from complaining when its cold here especially since many coworkers were raised back east. One cool thing when it rains here that means 1.5 hours away for snowboarding when you want it.

At my old company we had some tech people working on third party application visit us from Canada. After seeing how informal our attire was, some in jeans and sweaters, you know what the Canadians wore the rest of the week in abnormal 55 degree weather. Shorts and polo shirts.

Regards,

Joel

geoff
02-07-2010, 04:24 AM
I got Stuck at Work And had to Spend The Night there because of The Storm.I Work at A Bar And it has been Packed with People.Most Walked there.

allstarsplus
02-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I got Stuck at Work And had to Spend The Night there because of The Storm.I Work at A Bar And it has been Packed with People.Most Walked there.

Geoff - Good community service! Probably a lot with no power where they live.

We have no power in our neighborhood so for us and the few homes with generators, it is a ghost town so I know a few of our neighbors went to hotels.

Hope you get home soon and get some sleep!

mr.miracle
02-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Geoff - Good community service! Probably a lot with no power where they live.

We have no power in our neighborhood so for us and the few homes with generators, it is a ghost town so I know a few of our neighbors went to hotels.

Hope you get home soon and get some sleep!

Being a food service provider in a hospital in Baltimore, this has been not fun to say the least. I was supposed to be off on Friday worked from 3:00 pm - Midnight and then 5:00 am Saturday until 9:00 pm and back in again today at 5:00 am and I am hoping, hoping to get out by 6:00 pm tonight.

I have lived on the east coast all my life in Southcentral PA and I have never seen anything like the sheer stupidity of my staff. Everyone was told on Wednesday to expect the worst and get the hell into work and I was down 22 people on Saturday morning when I walked in the door. It was a complete nightmare and has not stopped since until about 1 hour ago. Trying to get caught up and get the hell home.

I repetedly ask myself why I was stupid enough that I did not stay in school and have now cursed myself to this miserable existence.

Genke
02-07-2010, 11:34 AM

I can't understand what that must do to your commerce. Business must come to a crawl with the landscape buried in white like that?? Man, what a winter, I feel for you all. It gets cold here in Vegas, but rarely do we see any snow.

Nice woodpecker!!!

Genke
02-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Being a food service provider in a hospital in Baltimore, this has been not fun to say the least. I was supposed to be off on Friday worked from 3:00 pm - Midnight and then 5:00 am Saturday until 9:00 pm and back in again today at 5:00 am and I am hoping, hoping to get out by 6:00 pm tonight.

I have lived on the east coast all my life in Southcentral PA and I have never seen anything like the sheer stupidity of my staff. Everyone was told on Wednesday to expect the worst and get the hell into work and I was down 22 people on Saturday morning when I walked in the door. It was a complete nightmare and has not stopped since until about 1 hour ago. Trying to get caught up and get the hell home.

I repetedly ask myself why I was stupid enough that I did not stay in school and have now cursed myself to this miserable existence.

Hang in there Brett.

Eventually the snow will melt. And then you'll be able to register for some summer courses at a local J.C., and soon enough you will see that light at the end of that tunnel, called a diploma!

It's never too late to change your career. I would suggest you use this down time in the economy to persue that goal. It'll be another year or three before we get rolling again economically. I see a tassel in your future.

mr.miracle
02-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Hang in there Brett.

Eventually the snow will melt. And then you'll be able to register for some summer courses at a local J.C., and soon enough you will see that light at the end of that tunnel, called a diploma!

It's never too late to change your career. I would suggest you use this down time in the economy to persue that goal. It'll be another year or three before we get rolling again economically. I see a tassel in your future.

Need further education have a worthless BA in Political Science with minors in American History and Philosophy/Religion. Yeah, I really thought that one through 20 years ago when starting college. I am hoping to go back to school at some point soon and work on an MBA or other Masters. Talk about stupid career choices, been in food service on and off for 20 plus years and it sucks. That is what I get for not seeking out advise from other experts and thinking that just getting a college degree in something would prove worthwhile.

I am 37 years old and often feel like I am 57. I have spent 20 years working 75 plus hour weeks commuting 2 - 4 hours per day on top of that to and from work and all I can say is to this point, I have really made some poor career choices but have nobody to blame but myself.

Neely8
02-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Here we go again at Jersey Shore Snow Central. It's been coming down like crazy since last night. This is starting to get ridiculous!

b.heagy
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
15 inches and counting - all that plus last weeks storm :eek:

gingi79
02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
It looked like Hoth around here (KC) from Christmas through about a week ago.

"And I thought they smelled bad....on the outside"

Long Island looks like a winter wonderland right now. Funny how when I was a kid I thought "Yippee! No school. I can play in the snow!"

Now I'm a teacher and I'm thinking "Yippee! No School. But look at all that !@#$ing snow!"

sox83cubs84
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Chi-Town finally got hit pretty good, though nothing like the East Coast...6-8 inches by me, more in some areas.

It's OK...soon...PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT!!!:D :D :D

Dave M.
Chicago area

RJB44
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Warrenton, VA

spartakid
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Still sunny and low 70s here in norcal ;)