PDA

View Full Version : Yankwood - Don Mattingly Game Used bat on Ebay.

suave1477
06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Hello Yankwood,

I know your a collector of Don Mattingly just wanted to point out this one I found on Ebay. Maybe you would be interested.
Hope it helps!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Don-Mattingly-SIGNED-GAME-USED-Bat-PSA-DNA-AUTO_W0QQitemZ260000561713QQihZ016QQcategoryZ60596 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yankwood
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Thank you young Suavecito. I will check it out.

b.heagy
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Be sure to read the full LOA before bidding. Looks to me that it was authenticated as a Professional Model Bat, not exactly sure if Mattingly used it or not. Right length, weight and has his number on knob but LOA points out possibility of other. Just something that caught my eye when looking over the LOA.

Bill

suave1477
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
bheagy you have to read the LOA, it says in the first line shows use. Also in the body of the description it says ball marks and ball stich marks.

b.heagy
06-23-2006, 03:02 PM
bheagy you have to read the LOA, it says in the first line shows use. Also in the body of the description it says ball marks and ball stich marks.

Don't misunderstand, Not saying that the bat was not used. I clearly read the use characteristics. Just pointing out that it may not have been used by Mattingly. That last couple of lines turned me off when I read the LOA thats all. To each his own.

Bill

CollectGU
06-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I agree that the COA has more negative than positive comments and would turn off many. Suave did you even bother to read the COA before you chimed in?

suave1477
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
CollectGU not only did I read it before I chimed in, im the one who started this thread.

As far as my comments i was just pointing out to the other member in the first few lines of the LOA that it says it does have USE. I never said specifically that it was from Donnie himself. He referred to it as just being a Professional Model. I was just saying it has USE.

CollectGU did you see that?

JimCaravello
06-23-2006, 06:30 PM
GUU and Forum Members - Mattingly did not order M110 bats during the 86-89 time period. John Taube's letter is accurate - to this date, I have never seen a legitimate 86-89 M110 bat that I would say that Donnie used. If you want a nice Mattingly signed bat - this would be a nice piece to pick up - if you want a Mattingly game used bat that was in his hands, this is not the bat. I have been fortunate enough to handle over 35 Don Mattingly gamers over the years - this is not a Mattingly Game Used Bat. If my time permits, I hope to post my blog on Mattingly game used bats this weekend. Please e-mail me with any questions at jcaravello@nc.rr.com - Jim

CollectGU
06-24-2006, 08:43 AM
CollectGU not only did I read it before I chimed in, im the one who started this thread.

As far as my comments i was just pointing out to the other member in the first few lines of the LOA that it says it does have USE. I never said specifically that it was from Donnie himself. He referred to it as just being a Professional Model. I was just saying it has USE.

CollectGU did you see that?

I want to Thank You Suave for letting everyone on the forum know of a mattingly bat you found on ebay that wasn't used by Mattingly but does show some ball marks on it...........

suave1477
06-24-2006, 09:23 PM
I want to Thank You Suave for letting everyone on the forum know of a mattingly bat you found on ebay that wasn't used by Mattingly but does show some ball marks on it...........

CollectGU your quite welcome and since I was pointing out the item to you it means a lot.

b.heagy
06-25-2006, 02:29 AM
CollectGU your quite welcome and since I was pointing out the item to you it means a lot.

Jason,
I for one will thank you for bringing this item to everyones attention. It may have slipped by or maybe someone else would have spotted it. Either way we all have learned something about this through through Mr. Caravello which I am very grateful.

Bill