PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis Jersey in MEARS auction

Steeler4Life
01-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Anyone have any comments or views on the 1996 Jerome Bettis Steelers jersey in the MEARS auction? Has anyone dealt with them in past?

I sent an email about the above jersey and a return email came promptly. Very good communication.

ironmanfan
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
I can't speak to the Bettis jersey itself, but I can tell you that I've won several items from their auctions and have never had a problem..They are probably the only outfit out there that will buy back an item if it's found to be bogus....

sox83cubs84
01-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Anyone have any comments or views on the 1996 Jerome Bettis Steelers jersey in the MEARS auction? Has anyone dealt with them in past?

I sent an email about the above jersey and a return email came promptly. Very good communication.
You probably got good communication becasue you were a potential buyer. I used to be employed by MEARS, and still offer them certain services on an independent contractor basis. I have been waiting a month for a check for services rendered, and the main office has declined to return over a half-dozen calls and emails regarding the status of this. The only thing I learned regarding this was from a MEARS employee (Troy's apparently can't offer the courtesy of a call or email himself) telling me that deductions were being made from my payment for the cost of parcels I shipped on MEARS' account. All fine and dandy, but I'm supposed to believe that Troy is too swamped to take 2 minutes to call or email me this information? Especially when he spoke multiple times with a friend of mine a week ago about items in the auction.

That is the main reason I left MEARS as an employee...I got tired of the terrible communications that I was experiencing with the head honchos. I get the feeling that they're on top of things if you're helping them make money...but if you aren't (which I wasn't directly doing by procuring database images for them), you get put off to the side indefinitely.

Sorry to hijack this post, but I had to get this off my chest.

Dave Miedema
Chicago area

Fraudfinder!!
01-30-2010, 02:33 PM
They are a top notch business. I have dealt with them several times and have nothing negative to say about them.

Neal
01-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Is there an auction right now? Or was this in a past auction?

Steeler4Life
01-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Neal- Mears auction ended Jan 28 I believe. Thanks for the replies concerning MEARS. I met with some staff briefly at the PCCE conference and they were very helpful but, never had any other experience with them.

Any comments on the Bettis Jersey?

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=6356&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=1&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=14

jobathenut
02-01-2010, 01:46 AM
I am no steelers expert when it comes to game used items but it looks good to me.And i think thats a good price for it especially being from his first season as a steeler.Would be interested to know how mnay jerseys he wore that season.As this could be his first jersey.Too bad they don't label like hockey.
Neal- Mears auction ended Jan 28 I believe. Thanks for the replies concerning MEARS. I met with some staff briefly at the PCCE conference and they were very helpful but, never had any other experience with them.

Any comments on the Bettis Jersey?

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=6356&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=1&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=14

BorchertField
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
As a buyer, I've had nothing but good experiences with MEARS. I'd trust him as much as any evaluators.

Slightly OT, I can't believe how much better the Steelers uniforms look with the block numbers than the current italicized numbers.