PDA

View Full Version : Mariners FanFest

The Kid
01-27-2010, 05:52 AM
is anyone going on the 30th or 31st?

justinwc80
01-27-2010, 08:17 AM
If anyone is please email me at justinwc80 at yahoo com, thanks.

MarinersFan34
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
I will be going for both days.

I'm guessing Lokee and Frik will be there as well?

If you are looking for an autograph or a gu item, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

They did not release any GU Griffey or Ichiro jerseys/bats this past year so I doubt any will be at FanFest if that is what you are after.

You can reach me via PM or jeremy_421 at hotmail.

mariner_gamers
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Speaking of Mariners Fanfests have any of you guys ever made it to a Fanfest at Spring Training? I have heard rumors of them and just confirmed this year it is happening February 27th. They claim there will be a memorabilia show. I am wondering if it is just local folks selling Mariners cards or if the M's will have some game stuff available? Living in Phoenix you would think I would know but this year will be my first spring Fanfest.

rwoodsbats
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of going, but I just can't get too excited about it. It's hard to justify driving 3 hour round trip. I could only go Sunday. I have one thing for Gar to sign and a Rob Johnson game bat. I have never gone before so I don't really know the format of the autograph sessions. Anyone been that could give me the run down? Thanks for your help!!

MarinersFan34
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
If it is like the sessions from previous years this is the scenario;

Autograph areas are in 2 places, 1 spot in the RF corner(Suite Level) and one in the LF corner(Club Level). Autographs are limited to 500 per player. There will be 3 sessions of 2 players signing autos(1 player in RF, 1 player in LF).

You enter the ballpark through the main gate and immediately in front of you there are 2 choices for an autograph ticket. You are allowed to choose only one as you go up the stairs. Those 2 choices will remain up there until one has been exhausted and then they will post the next players session up as a choice. You can exit and get back in line if you want a second one but of course run the risk you could miss out. You are certainly allowed to exit/re-enter to get another ticket for a later session.

Once inside the lines usually form about an hour (or less) before the session on the main concourse, they will open the stairs to the session as the time gets closer.

I have in the past been able to get both sides from a session, essentialy being in the first 50 for one and then heading directly over to the other side for that session. Since there aren't any real big names or ones I don't have yet I won't need to try for that this year.

Gar and Buhner will both go VERY quickly once they're posted on the board. I will probably try for Gar but have more than enough Buhner autos.

The Kid
01-28-2010, 06:07 AM

If you are looking for an autograph or a gu item, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

They did not release any GU Griffey or Ichiro jerseys/bats this past year so I doubt any will be at FanFest if that is what you are after.

You can reach me via PM or jeremy_421 at hotmail.

hey bro, you gotta email

rwoodsbats
02-02-2010, 01:00 PM
How did everyone make out at fan fest? Get what you wanted? I was able to get my Johnson and Tui bat signed even after they ran out of tickets. My girlfriend was pretty persistent and was able to find a couple extra tickets.

Lokee
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I actually passed on going this year. I do not really collect Mariners stuff and my brother was here from Vancouver Canada.

Did I miss anything ? I imagine prices on game used stuff was high as usual.

frikativ54
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM

Just saw this message now. I wasn't able to make it, because the date conflicted with school. I go to school at Reed College in Portland, Oregon, so I couldn't be up in Seattle for the event. This is my last year of college, so I am hoping to make it next year.