PDA

View Full Version : OT: New Ebay fees

Sincityson
01-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Has anyone taken a look at the new ebay fee structure set to start on March 10? Any thoughts? 9% final values fee & I'm guessing this will only go up in years to come.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/FeeUpdate2010.html#nsf

legaleagle92481
01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Has anyone taken a look at the new ebay fee structure set to start on March 10? Any thoughts? 9% final values fee & I'm guessing this will only go up in years to come.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/FeeUpdate2010.html#nsf

Ebay stinks. All you get are bargain hunters and rock bottom prices or your stuff just sits there unsold. Paypal is essentially an extra 3% fee so it will be like 12% plus listing fees which is just insane.

ivo610
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
If the fees are higher should I expect better customer service?

Sincityson
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing, not likely though. A free 800 help line would be good, yet with the tens of millions in profit they make they can't even offer that..

If the fees are higher should I expect better customer service?

otismalibu
01-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Paypal is essentially an extra 3% fee so it will be like 12% plus listing fees which is just insane.

EBay Inc. told sellers Tuesday that starting March 30 they will be able to post up to 100 items for auction every 30 days without paying fees to list them. The items must have a starting bid of less than $1, and when they sell eBay will take 9 percent of the final price or $50, whichever is less.

legaleagle92481
01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
EBay Inc. told sellers Tuesday that starting March 30 they will be able to post up to 100 items for auction every 30 days without paying fees to list them. The items must have a starting bid of less than $1, and when they sell eBay will take 9 percent of the final price or $50, whichever is less.

Yeah they have to start at less than a dollar is the key word unless you have a hot or cheap item starting that low is very risky and if you use a reserve you get hit with a fee for that.

Neely8
01-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Wow so they will save you like a whopping .15 to list an item starting at less than $1. What a huge savings! The money they make after an item sells will more than make up for the "free" listing. What a joke. :rolleyes:

ziggy
01-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow...that is a huge increase.

current final fees if sells for $150= $6.56
after March 30th will be= $13.5

Swoboda4
01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
There's only one way to remedy this= GameUsedUniverse-Bay. A game used only auction site that will be fully operational Sept 1,2010. Also AutoGraphForum-Bay. Autographs will also have a separate auction site all under the umbrella of Game Used Universe,which will become the largest sports collector interest company in the world.
When the internet first started, people with specific interests latched onto the internet, became extremely succesfull in their primary interest.
Collector to collector would remain. Who needs paypal if we have credit cards? You need a bank account or credit card to have a paypal account so,really who needs paypal? Just used the credit card,which is paypal-whats with all the middlemen?