PDA

View Full Version : Issued jersey price vs game worn jersey price

short84
01-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Just a quick question -- in your opinion, how should the price of an issued NFL jersey compare to the price of a game used NFL jersey? For example -- should a game used jersey sell for two to three times the price of an issued jersey? Steiner has a tendency to price issued jerseys for $250 to $350 while game used are $500 on up. Does this seem reasonable? Thank you!!!!!!!!!;)

TDKID
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I think $250-$350 is fairly reasonable for a game-issued jersey of a STAR player. "Face of Franchise" type players around $500 isn't too crazy, if they are signed and from somebody like NFL Auctions or MLB Auctions. Game used prices in relation to these ? This forum is loaded with debates over the prices of gamers. I don't think you can equate a formula that would reflect a double or triple scale in relation to the prices of game issued jerseys. The spectrum of price differential is just too vast.

LastingsMilledge85
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Why spend tons of money on an issued jersey when in reality it's a glorified authentic jersey. To me it isn't worth the money and who cares if you have the issued jersey, it's all about worn jerseys to people who aren't involved in the hobby.

TDKID
01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Why spend tons of money on an issued jersey when in reality it's a glorified authentic jersey. To me it isn't worth the money and who cares if you have the issued jersey, it's all about worn jerseys to people who aren't involved in the hobby.

I can't disagree with you, but game-cut jerseys are rare in their own right. They are very nice additions to any collection, and I believe maintain a decent value if you get them from NFL or MLB Auctions. They are often a nice and much more affordable addition to any collection. Take the case of Adrian Peterson for a Vikings fan/collector. His gamers go for $8,000-$10,000. Now your average collector(like me, and a lot of the other guys who aren't going to spend that much on a jersey) would definitely like to add Peterson to their wall. What are you going to do ? The next best thing. A game cut jersey is a great alternative, and usually a very nice investment that WILL retain and gain value !

LastingsMilledge85
01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I can't disagree with you, but game-cut jerseys are rare in their own right. They are very nice additions to any collection, and I believe maintain a decent value if you get them from NFL or MLB Auctions. They are often a nice and much more affordable addition to any collection. Take the case of Adrian Peterson for a Vikings fan/collector. His gamers go for $8,000-$10,000. Now your average collector(like me, and a lot of the other guys who aren't going to spend that much on a jersey) would definitely like to add Peterson to their wall. What are you going to do ? The next best thing. A game cut jersey is a great alternative, and usually a very nice investment that WILL retain and gain value !

Game-cut and game issued are not the same. Issued means that it was made for the player and intended for use, cut is never intended to be used only made to the player's specifications.

spartakid
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM

I have to agree with you. I don't understand the whole issued thing. I want something that the player used, issued, IMHO has not much more tie to a player than one from the store. I mean neither one was necessarily even near the player.

TDKID
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Too many definitions for the same thing. Sure there might be small differences is game-issued and cut. Whatever they may be,I'll let you guys define that. I'm not wasting my time complicating things.

Game Issued/Cut are a lot different(and better) than authentic retail. They usually feature better quality stitching,numbers/lettering,neck/jock tagging, cuffed sleeves, and a few smaller differences depending on the team.

A Game Issued,Cut, or whatever one of the handful of meanings you want to tag on it, is a lot nicer than a retail jersey. They are true collectables, and not the easiest things to find. Look on Ebay, and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of signed retail authentic jerseys of a player.(That is if they aren't fake knock-offs) But try and find a Game Cut/Issued
jersey, and if you do, it will usually have a much higher price tag,

I'm not debating there is a difference between Game Cut and Game Issued. But to say that they are along the same lines as authentic retails, is just not true.

They are great scarce,more valuable, and overall great collectables !