PDA

View Full Version : Ba Bye Brett!

camarokids
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Saints Win!!!! First Super Bowl Appearance Coming Up!!!

Will the old fart Brett finally retire????

yanks12025
01-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not a fan of either team(colts fan), but the whole game was messed up. I know the vikings fumbled liked 100 times but it seemed like the referees were in favor of the Saints. That last pass interference call was a joke just the nfl's over-time rule. Go Colts

Manram
01-24-2010, 10:32 PM
I believe Brett will retire......... But you never know :D

camarokids
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Being here in INDY, I am a COLTS fan too....

I also do not like Farve, so I am glad the Vikings lost....

Also do not like Jarrod Allen.....

ldonley
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Not a Viking or Saints fan....

I'd agree there were some questionable calls during the Saints overtime drive. However, that didn't lose the game for the Vikings. How often does a team win away in the playoffs with 5 turnovers? Has that ever happened??

That being said, if the Saints play like this in 2 weeks, Manning will have his second Super Bowl title. Manning won't fire the ball across the field opposite direction with the game on the line. I'll pull for the Saints, but my head tells me the Colts.

LastingsMilledge85
01-24-2010, 11:21 PM
We all know Brett is going to retire. The question is will he stay retired? Every year he retires, cries, and less people care as time goes on and then returns. So will Brett stay retired, retire and play for the Vikings, or retire and play for a new team. I see him as Cutler's replacement :D

camarokids
01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
That last pass interference call was a joke just the nfl's over-time rule. Go Colts

I agree, that call sucked! If they can review other plays, they should be able to review calls such as that penalty, especially with game in the line.....

I wanted the Saints to win, but I did not want the ref's to give them the game in the end....

ivo610
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
If he stayed in NY he would be headed to Miami right now.

jobathenut
01-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Amen camarokids-But seriously,you guys are talking about questionable calls for the saints.Really?Did you guys miss the roughing on the passer on grandpa.And how about the guy hitting him the ground penelty and they called a penelty on the guy.They should just put him in a darn bubble if they don;'t want anyone to hit him.I remember when football was a contact sport.And if i saw one more darn ref help grandpa to his feet after a play i was going to give football up altogether.I have never seen a ref help any other qb up after a play.And they should not being doing that.I am more than happy that the vikes and "all day-just not every play" and grandpa and the tractor good old boy allen are not going to be the super bowl.By they way,why pass the ball when you are in field goal range,wow what a call guys.That call gave the saints the game not any of the refs calls did.

jobathenut
01-24-2010, 11:55 PM
NOTE TO THE GRAMMER POLICE-I am sorry for the mistakes in my last post.Typing while angry always leads to that.We really need a edit feature on here.:)

sox83cubs84
01-25-2010, 12:05 AM
We all know Brett is going to retire. The question is will he stay retired? Every year he retires, cries, and less people care as time goes on and then returns. So will Brett stay retired, retire and play for the Vikings, or retire and play for a new team. I see him as Cutler's replacement :D

The over/under on when he finally makes up his mind is 195 days from today.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

COLTS/SAINTS....I couldn't be happier unless the Bears were in it.

jobathenut
01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
I think grandpa was over to the saints looker room after the game seeing if they needed a qb for the super bowl.And then got the colts on the phone and told them,"i ment to call you guys before the season to come play for you".BRETT IS OUT FOR BRETT.The most selfish player ever in the history of football.He was'nt do this for the state of minnesota.He was doing it for the state of brett.And it's great to see grandpa dramaqueen realize all was for nothing with this team.

TDKID
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm not a fan of either team(colts fan), but the whole game was messed up. I know the vikings fumbled liked 100 times but it seemed like the referees were in favor of the Saints. That last pass interference call was a joke just the nfl's over-time rule. Go Colts

COMPLETELY and TOTALLY UNTRUE ! The Saints were penalized 9 TIMES for 88 yards. The Minn. Favres 5 for 32. It was the exact opposite. The Refs were definitely on The side of the Favres !

TDKID
01-25-2010, 12:31 AM
The over/under on when he finally makes up his mind is 195 days from today.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

COLTS/SAINTS....I couldn't be happier unless the Bears were in it.

I agree with you there, and also with the Jared Allen hater. I was so happy hen the Saints DB(#22) mimicked Allen's lame dance after he made that pick in the fourth quarter.

Oh yeah, back to the Penalties and the Refs supposedly being in favor of the Saints. The Favres had only 10 yards in Penalties at the end of regulation. The other 22 were in OT. The NFL much more wanted the Favres in the Super Bowl. No way, did the Saints get any true favoritism. There were bad calls on both sides, but the Favres were the darlings to the refs !

Manram
01-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I agree with you there, and also with the Jared Allen hater. I was so happy hen the Saints DB(#22) mimicked Allen's lame dance after he made that pick in the fourth quarter.

Oh yeah, back to the Penalties and the Refs supposedly being in favor of the Saints. The Favres had only 10 yards in Penalties at the end of regulation. The other 22 were in OT. The NFL much more wanted the Favres in the Super Bowl. No way, did the Saints get any true favoritism. There were bad calls on both sides, but the Favres were the darlings to the refs !

I found him coping Jared Allen funny actually. The guy does it after every sack and it gets really annoying. I had to rewind it juts to watch it again

TDKID
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
I found him coping Jared Allen funny actually. The guy does it after every sack and it gets really annoying. I had to rewind it juts to watch it again

Man, I totally agree with you ! Allen is one of the ugliest and most annoying players I've ever seen ! LOL That "DIS" of him was awesome !

gorilla777
01-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Man, the Vikings handed them the game on a silver platter, but the Saints did get some timely help from the zebras. Oh well, I doubt the Colts do the same charity work.

jobathenut
01-25-2010, 01:13 AM
tdkid-I am assumming you were talking to me when you said to the jared allen hater.Yeah i laughed my butt off when i saw him doing that.And mocking that stubid celebration that overrated cowboy does.And are you kidding me that the refs wanted the vikes to win.Did you hear the annoucers on fox.I mean aikman is alright but i can not stand buck.What a obviously favre lover he is.He is a a terribel announcer.I remember back in the world series this year at yankee stadium he kept giving wheather reports.Yeah we get it buck its cold in new york in november.Yeah and it is rainy in seattle and hot in las vegas.

TDKID
01-25-2010, 02:05 AM
tdkid-I am assumming you were talking to me when you said to the jared allen hater.Yeah i laughed my butt off when i saw him doing that.And mocking that stubid celebration that overrated cowboy does.And are you kidding me that the refs wanted the vikes to win.Did you hear the annoucers on fox.I mean aikman is alright but i can not stand buck.What a obviously favre lover he is.He is a a terribel announcer.I remember back in the world series this year at yankee stadium he kept giving wheather reports.Yeah we get it buck its cold in new york in november.Yeah and it is rainy in seattle and hot in las vegas.

Well you can debate either way about the Refs. So i'll put my argument on that to rest. Simply for the fact i agree 110 percent with you about Joe Buck and Aikman. I can't believe they are the FOX #1 pair for football. And Jared Allen is one of the most overhyped players around. He gets sacks and not much else. And disappears for long stretches at a time. I'm sure some Viking fan is going to tear into both of us for trashing their beloved All Pro. But he's an obnoxious wannabe cowboy. He grew up in California, and is as much a cowboy as I'm a Viking fan.

jobathenut
01-25-2010, 02:17 AM
tdkid-No i agreed with you about the refs having a bias and wanting the vikes to win.But i was saying you think they wanted themheck the announcers wanted them even more.And you are totally right about the cowboy.The guy is a overrated player.He does a radio show here and signs autograps for the first 50 people.And my brother said a freind of his had to get there at 8am for a show that starts at like 5pm to get a ticket to be able to get his autograph.And i told his friend ,why not just wait outside his field he is plowing and get it when he gets off his tractor.The guy is so popular and i don't know why.How many tackles did he have in this game.All he is is sacks,thats it.And the only way he gets them is a round the end.He runs as far around the outside person he can.And he can not tackle the run or pursuit a play.Or even drop back in coverage that well.I mean james harrison of the steelers is far better than him.And i have no problem people bashing me,as i am used to it on here.
Well you can debate either way about the Refs. So i'll put my argument on that to rest. Simply for the fact i agree 110 percent with you about Joe Buck and Aikman. I can't believe they are the FOX #1 pair for football. And Jared Allen is one of the most overhyped players around. He gets sacks and not much else. And disappears for long stretches at a time. I'm sure some Viking fan is going to tear into both of us for trashing their beloved All Pro. But he's an obnoxious wannabe cowboy. He grew up in California, and is as much a cowboy as I'm a Viking fan.

TDKID
01-25-2010, 02:24 AM
tdkid-No i agreed with you about the refs having a bias and wanting the vikes to win.But i was saying you think they wanted themheck the announcers wanted them even more.And you are totally right about the cowboy.The guy is a overrated player.He does a radio show here and signs autograps for the first 50 people.And my brother said a freind of his had to get there at 8am for a show that starts at like 5pm to get a ticket to be able to get his autograph.And i told his friend ,why not just wait outside his field he is plowing and get it when he gets off his tractor.The guy is so popular and i don't know why.How many tackles did he have in this game.All he is is sacks,thats it.And the only way he gets them is a round the end.He runs as far around the outside person he can.And he can not tackle the run or pursuit a play.Or even drop back in coverage that well.I mean james harrison of the steelers is far better than him.And i have no problem people bashing me,as i am used to it on here.

Good analogy of the one-dimensional fake cowboy ! I'm brand new here and haven't and really am not trying to get bashed. Nor do I want to start anything up. But when I read that about the officiating being for the Saints. Well the numbers don't lie, and I just had to say something. And when it comes to this goofy wannabe cowboy. I can't agree with you more !

LastingsMilledge85
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I used to appreciate the fact that Favre was the last throwback player where it wasn't about the money he just loved the game so much. But now there's no question he is the most selfish player in the history of the game, and joba was right it was never about the Vikings, it was all about Brett and will always be about Brett despite them losing. I'm stunned Fox didn't do another post-game interview with that bum. Get him out so we can try to enjoy the 2010 season before the potential strike.

mbenga28
01-25-2010, 10:38 AM
wonder who's going to pick up the Brett jersey on JO sports.

Manram
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
wonder who's going to pick up the Brett jersey on JO sports.

How much is it?

mbenga28
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
How much is it?

http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=2560

nickacs
01-25-2010, 10:55 AM
How much is it?

$20k baby.. cough it up! :p

TDKID
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
$20k baby.. cough it up! :p

20K? That's peanuts man LOL After all some clown paid that for a Sanchez jersey !

TDKID
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I used to appreciate the fact that Favre was the last throwback player where it wasn't about the money he just loved the game so much. But now there's no question he is the most selfish player in the history of the game, and joba was right it was never about the Vikings, it was all about Brett and will always be about Brett despite them losing. I'm stunned Fox didn't do another post-game interview with that bum. Get him out so we can try to enjoy the 2010 season before the potential strike.

You know, I couldn't agree with you more ! But, I have a feeling we won't get rid of him. Would be nice though. But now we have to go through all his offseason crap! Ummm, will I Play ? Ummmmm, won't I Play? Ummmm,I'm gonna play! Ummmm, which flat screen LCD LED do I want here at Sears ? I'm gonna play ? UMMMM,Aw Shucks, I'm not gonna play !

Please Lord we deserve better !

legaleagle92481
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
He won't retire he had a great regular season 33 tds and 7 ints on a 12 win team at 40 is mind boggling. Plus look how he played in the Dallas game. He is far from done. Plus who would retire from a team that is filled with pro bowlers/all-pros in their primes. Does anyone think Jackson or Rosenfels does any better? Would they have led the Vikes to within one play of the Super Bowl like Brett did? In 2007 would the Packers have gotten so close to the Super Bowl without him? It has been two years and they have yet to win a playoff game since with almost the entire same offense save the QB and a much better defense. Brett is what he is a top ten alltime QB who has a gunslinger mentality that causes him to make bad decisions in the clutch that burn his teams time and time again but there is not a QB out there that has not done the same thing to his team at one time or another. Look at some of Peyton Manning's past playoff performances and how many years it took him to win a playoff game even (Remember the Jets beating him 40 something to zero in 2002? or that horror show he put on the year before he won the Super Bowl?). Look how Brady (this Era's best clutch Qb) played in the Pats playoff game this year or in the 2007 Super Bowl. Or how Rivers played against the Jets last week with the INT to Leonhard that changed the entire game.

ivo610
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
He won't retire he had a great regular season 33 tds and 7 ints on a 12 win team at 40 is mind boggling. Plus look how he played in the Dallas game. He is far from done. Plus who would retire from a team that is filled with pro bowlers/all-pros in their primes. Does anyone think Jackson or Rosenfels does any better? Would they have led the Vikes to within one play of the Super Bowl like Brett did? In 2007 would the Packers have gotten so close to the Super Bowl without him? It has been two years and they have yet to win a playoff game since with almost the entire same offense save the QB and a much better defense. Brett is what he is a top ten alltime QB who has a gunslinger mentality that causes him to make bad decisions in the clutch that burn his teams time and time again but there is not a QB out there that has not done the same thing to his team at one time or another. Look at some of Peyton Manning's past playoff performances and how many years it took him to win a playoff game even (Remember the Jets beating him 40 something to zero in 2002? or that horror show he put on the year before he won the Super Bowl?). Look how Brady (this Era's best clutch Qb) played in the Pats playoff game this year or in the 2007 Super Bowl. Or how Rivers played against the Jets last week with the INT to Leonhard that changed the entire game.

Half the Packers on the roster have never met Brett Favre and the defense last season was in shambles and this yr we were a missed pass away from a playoff victory. I would estimate 90% of Packer fans think they are better off without him. I mean Rodgers is the highest rated QB of all time.

Now were the Jets better off without him?

LastingsMilledge85
01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
As a huge Packers fan and I love Aaron Rodgers, but honestly how much better can Rodgers get? I don't see him ever coming close to Favre, Brady, or Peyton Manning.

TDKID
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
As a huge Packers fan and I love Aaron Rodgers, but honestly how much better can Rodgers get? I don't see him ever coming close to Favre, Brady, or Peyton Manning.

Rodgers has only played TWO full seasons, and is all ready a very elite QB. He's tough(look at all the sacks he endured this year.) He's one of the highest rated passers ever after 32 starts. I mean, how much better of a start do you want? Brett Favre was a one of very rare type of player. You really can't compare Rogers or anyone to him. He's a throwback type player, the likes of we might not see again. There are ALOT of teams who would LOVE to have Rodgers. The guy's a really good one. I'm far from a Packer fan, and I'm saying that !

ivo610
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM

If he wins 1 or 2 lombardi's he will be in a class with them.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

Now that is heavily in favor of current players but it still says alot of his future.

LastingsMilledge85
01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not saying I want Rodgers to do more, I just think it's hard to follow Favre's footsteps. It's a funny game though, one injury can end anyone's career. or could just fade away like Matt Hasslebeck without ever accomplishing a title.

cohibasmoker
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Brett Favre reminds me of Ted Kennedy - both of those guys stayed longer than they should have and in the end, it cost both of their teams, an important victory. But, in fairness to Brett, if you took him out of the Vikings lineup this season, would the Vikings have made it to the title game?

Just my opinion - hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

sox83cubs84
01-25-2010, 04:49 PM

Coulda been worse...what if, instead of Aikman, Buck was doing the game with John Madden? I think Madden has erotic fantasies about Favre.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

TDKID
01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not saying I want Rodgers to do more, I just think it's hard to follow Favre's footsteps. It's a funny game though, one injury can end anyone's career. or could just fade away like Matt Hasslebeck without ever accomplishing a title.

Yeah, Favre has all those records,MVPs,the amazining consecutive Games played streak. But Brett has ONE title. If Rodgers win two, wouldn't that be better than Favre ? Isn't that the true measurement of success? Don't get me wrong Favre is in my opinion one of the top three QBs to ever play the game. Whether I like him or not, i have to say that. And i really don't like him at all ! LOL But, if Rodgers wins two titles for the Pack, I'd put him right up there with Favre.

LastingsMilledge85
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I think Marino was the best quarterback so far, and he has never won a title. In the end Brady or Peyton will be the best.

BrewCrewSackers
01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Favre made the bad throw but I'd lay the blame on the coach for this one. Childress is a "Favre lover". His game plan was to have Favre throw for 500 yds and throw 6 td passes. He should have known that NO is great at getting to the QB. Last year MN had the #1 rushing offense, why go away from that and have over the hill brett throw it 45-50 times???

Also, the only reason Favre only threw 7 picks all season was because his wr's and TE's were in single coverage all year. Thanks to the threat of AP. Put over the hill Favre on an avg. running team and you get 15-20 picks a year easy.

On the opening drive when Favre dropped back and threw 8 times in a row, my dad and I looked at eachother and said,"here comes a 4 pick game"! I hate the Vikings, but I still would've like to have seen Favre in one last Superbowl. Too bad his coach lets him do whatever he wants.

TDKID
01-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I think Marino was the best quarterback so far, and he has never won a title. In the end Brady or Peyton will be the best.

Marino was a great QB. But the best so far ? Better than Montana,Johnny U,Namath,Favre,Elway? Not even close. Winning titles is the ultimate measure of greatness, and Marino only made it to the big game once and lost. He might make my top 10 on a good day. But the best ever ? Not a chance !

TDKID
01-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Favre made the bad throw but I'd lay the blame on the coach for this one. Childress is a "Favre lover". His game plan was to have Favre throw for 500 yds and throw 6 td passes. He should have known that NO is great at getting to the QB. Last year MN had the #1 rushing offense, why go away from that and have over the hill brett throw it 45-50 times???

Also, the only reason Favre only threw 7 picks all season was because his wr's and TE's were in single coverage all year. Thanks to the threat of AP. Put over the hill Favre on an avg. running team and you get 15-20 picks a year easy.

On the opening drive when Favre dropped back and threw 8 times in a row, my dad and I looked at eachother and said,"here comes a 4 pick game"! I hate the Vikings, but I still would've like to have seen Favre in one last Superbowl. Too bad his coach lets him do whatever he wants.

Good point about Childress, who is a mediocre coach at best. Favre put him in his place in that loss to Carolina. LOL Childress has been a lousy coach his whole time with the Vikes. He's surrounded with some very special players, and one very good Defensive Coordinator.(Leslie Frasier) I can't believe they gave him a new contract. I think he's one of the biggest problems that team has. But being a Bears fan, I'm glad they kept him ! BEAR DOWN !

ivo610
01-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Marino was a great QB. But the best so far ? Better than Montana,Johnny U,Namath,Favre,Elway? Not even close. Winning titles is the ultimate measure of greatness, and Marino only made it to the big game once and lost. He might make my top 10 on a good day. But the best ever ? Not a chance !

Namath, Elway, and Marino arent in my top 10. Favre makes it in at about 8-10. We will see if in a couple years how much impact this season had on his legacy. Otto graham, Bart Starr, Montana, Peyton, Brady, Baugh, Unitas, Roger the dodger, and maybe Young are all on my top 10. Namath should not be in the Hall. Elway lead the league in passing 1 time and the first 10 years in the NFL his numbers werent very good. Marino actually had some talent around him even though everyone thinks that he didnt. Those defense were ranked in the top 1/2 of the nfl almost every year. I might put Marino in over Young. Not sure. Fran T might also get some consideration, but I couldnt put him over Marino.

jobathenut
01-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Thanks LASTINGS.And fox did try to do a postgame interview with him.They said he declined the interview after the game.:D

jobathenut
01-26-2010, 02:41 AM
sox83cubs84-YES!!!...I could not agree with you more.;)
Coulda been worse...what if, instead of Aikman, Buck was doing the game with John Madden? I think Madden has erotic fantasies about Favre.;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

Manram
01-26-2010, 10:15 AM

Dave M.
Chicago area

I agree to. Also john madden would have been circling a bunch of stuff on the screen like he always does, which is annoying but funny :D

ivo610
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491 Post%3a555f5471-950c-4abf-b179-0ec2fa6438ed&sid=sitelife.clarionledger.com

favre (maybe) a couple days after the game.

Buster
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a7dd1ad9f2be5463c88b30377822ff491 Post%3a555f5471-950c-4abf-b179-0ec2fa6438ed&sid=sitelife.clarionledger.com

favre (maybe) a couple days after the game.

Ouch!!

But those are NOTHING compared to the bruising on his EGO after that last interception.

I sincerely hope Brett Favre comes back next year, one last time. He still has it, that's obvious, as he had a career year this year. He was SO close to another Super Bowl. I say give it ONE last year Brett!!

Buster

sox83cubs84
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I agree to. Also john madden would have been circling a bunch of stuff on the screen like he always does, which is annoying but funny :D

Never mind the circles...Madden would be using the telestrator to draw little hearts every time the camera showed a close-up of Favre.

Dave M.

Manram
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Never mind the circles...Madden would be using the telestrator to draw little hearts every time the camera showed a close-up of Favre.

Dave M.

Haha lol :D