PDA

View Full Version : Nationals NatsFest

allstarsplus
01-23-2010, 06:20 PM
So who is attending the NatsFest on Sunday January 31st?

BaseballGM
01-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Count me in.

Royals_Chiefs
01-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Strasburg going to be there signing?

allstarsplus
01-23-2010, 06:56 PM

Nope, he is on his honeymoon!

The cool thing the Nats do is their leadup to NatsFest they do the Winter Caravan so for a few days before the event they travel around to different locations in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia with groups of 4 to 6 players.

gameused
01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Speaking of Strasburg.....I just saw him throw from the mound this morning, very impressive!! He wasn't up to full velocity and was popping the catchers mitt!

Strasburg has been on the island of Kauai for his honeymoon for the past two weeks and he's been long tossing every other day at our local baseball field.

Manram
01-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Speaking of Strasburg.....I just saw him throw from the mound this morning, very impressive!! He wasn't up to full velocity and was popping the catchers mitt!

Strasburg has been on the island of Kauai for his honeymoon for the past two weeks and he's been long tossing every other day at our local baseball field.

That is very cool

jdr3
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Yo

allstarsplus
01-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Can you get me some autographs!!!! Just kidding!;)

Thanks for that!

allstarsplus
01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
The Nats have listed that they will have Game Used items in the Majestic Team store. It will be tough as the store they are using is about 20x25 feet.

Here is the schedule and Map:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/downloads/y2010/natsfest_schedule_new.pdf

shoremen44
01-27-2010, 09:09 AM
the store they are using is about 20x25 feet.

Andrew... dont forget to wear your hockey pads... gonna be a tight squeeze

dcgreg25
01-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I am planning on attending. For whatever reason, I have never been to the Nats park yet so it should be a good time. I just hope the weather holds up as they are calling for snow over the weekend.

Manram
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Do they sell game used bat and helmets there? Or just the game used jerseys?

allstarsplus
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Do they sell game used bat and helmets there? Or just the game used jerseys?

Yes, very limited game used bats of departed players, but you never know what this year will bring. I have never seen them sell helmets.

gnishiyama
01-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Andrew,
Sorry to hijack the thread.
I sent you an email.
Can you please respond back when you have a moment?
Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

dirtyla2000
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
So who is attending the NatsFest on Sunday January 31st?
according to last years attendance i would say 6 or 7 people!:)

Vintagedeputy
01-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Sadly, I have to teach a class on Jan. 31.

I'm a bit miffed that the Nats are not coming to Richmond again on the caravan. Hell, they are not even leaving Northern Va.

sox83cubs84
01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
according to last years attendance i would say 6 or 7 people!:)

In essence, comparable to the crowds at a 2000s Expos game.:rolleyes:

Dave M.
Chicago area

dirtyla2000
01-29-2010, 01:53 AM
In essence, comparable to the crowds at a 2000s Expos game.:rolleyes:

Dave M.
Chicago area
They were declared dead after Bud and Loria pulled the franchise switcheroo! No city would support a team that was declared dead and being run by the league with a BS payroll! No one seems to realize that around here!

allstarsplus
01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Sadly, I have to teach a class on Jan. 31.

I'm a bit miffed that the Nats are not coming to Richmond again on the caravan. Hell, they are not even leaving Northern Va.

You will be missed this year! Today is the Hot Stove lunch!

12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hot Stove Luncheon: Nationals Park (Event is sold out)
Autograph session featuring:
Danny Espinosa-Nationals Short Stop prospect
Drew Storen-Nationals Pitching prospect
Jim Riggleman-Nationals Manager
Rob Dibble-Nationals TV Broadcaster
Ryan Speier-Nationals Pitcher
Matt Capps-Nationals Pitcher
John Lannan-Nationals Pitcher
Craig Stammen-Nationals Pitcher
Remaining players TBD

Vintagedeputy
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
You will be missed this year! Today is the Hot Stove lunch!

12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hot Stove Luncheon: Nationals Park (Event is sold out)
Autograph session featuring:
Danny Espinosa-Nationals Short Stop prospect
Drew Storen-Nationals Pitching prospect
Jim Riggleman-Nationals Manager
Rob Dibble-Nationals TV Broadcaster
Ryan Speier-Nationals Pitcher
Matt Capps-Nationals Pitcher
John Lannan-Nationals Pitcher
Craig Stammen-Nationals Pitcher
Remaining players TBD

That's ok - I'll be standing next to my hot stove trying to dig out from 12 inches of snow.

BaseballGM
01-30-2010, 03:29 PM
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SNOW WILL BE
HEAVIEST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE TEENS.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR
IMPOSSIBLE.

Sunday could be a tough day to have the Fest. Maybe a postponement?

Manram
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SNOW WILL BE
HEAVIEST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY EVENING.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE TEENS.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR
IMPOSSIBLE.

Sunday could be a tough day to have the Fest. Maybe a postponement?

That would stink for those of you going if it got postponed

markfd
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
They did not cancel any of the three Winter Carnival stops today despite the snow so I doubt a cold day with no snow will prevent them from staging the event which is 100% indoors. My advice if you are going take Metro rail or Metro bus.

BaseballGM
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
It's still on, as of 9:00am.

For the latest weather-related info, call (202) 640-7575.

08Cubs
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, from the looks of things at the Hot Stove lunch there wasn't much there to begin with. I was one of the first in, but since one person came in and immediately grabbed all of the few decent jerseys for himself, it's impossible to tell what was there. There was a blue Lannan in there on Friday, but that's all I remember seeing before.

Did get Milledge's game worn hat from the stadium opening from the Dream Foundation and finally got a couple of dugout lineup cards. They were overpriced at $100 ($200 for Yankees, Red Sox), but I sprang for it since they are so hard to find.

LastingsMilledge85
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, from the looks of things at the Hot Stove lunch there wasn't much there to begin with. I was one of the first in, but since one person came in and immediately grabbed all of the few decent jerseys for himself, it's impossible to tell what was there. There was a blue Lannan in there on Friday, but that's all I remember seeing before.

Did get Milledge's game worn hat from the stadium opening from the Dream Foundation and finally got a couple of dugout lineup cards. They were overpriced at $100 ($200 for Yankees, Red Sox), but I sprang for it since they are so hard to find.

Sent you a pm.

capitalssticks
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
what kind of prices did they have?

allstarsplus
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
what kind of prices did they have?

Jim Reed got the gem which was the Lannan blue alternate 2009 with good use and that was $450. All current players otherwise were $250 and others were $100.

I knew there was a Brian Schneider in there which turned out to be a Set 1 2005 which was a Grail item for me since I own all of his catcher's gear from Opening Day 2005. Still surprised with all the auctions, sales, and last years NatsFests that this jersey surfaced! Also got a Brad Wilkerson and John Patterson and Carlos Baerga from 2005 and would call them "light use".

MarkFD got the Jose' Guillen Set 3 2005 with the hand trimmed hem. Litterally was cut off with scissors. Not sure what else Mark got.

I got Jim Riggleman's 2009 Set 1 Home jersey which was $250 and had really good use and already got Jim Riggleman to sign and inscribe it.

It turned out a couple of the jerseys marked Game Used had 6200 tags in them and were not game used and were authentics.

The Dream Foundation had a Game Used Austin Kearns and a couple of caps that went quickly.

Didn't see anyone buying the game used bats and the lineup card prices were steep.

When we walked by at 1:30 there were still some 2009 player jerseys like Pete Orr and a 2009 Saul Rivera.

Just from the text messages I received to let everyone know that there were no Jesus Flores, Adam Dunn or Ryan Zimmerman jerseys there.

dcgreg25
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I just got back from the NatsFest. I got there too late for any of the game used items arriving around 12:30. When I got to the shop there were only a few jerseys remaining as well as the lineup cards and GU baseballs Andrew mentioned.

Overall it was a good time. We toured the clubhouses and my son was able to get his picture taken with Ryan Zimmerman. The kids zone was also well done and not too crowded. The lines for autographs looked long, as I expected.

IMO the Nats put on a good show that was certainly fan friendly.

Andrew, congrats on the jerseys- sounds like a nice haul.

markfd
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I got 4 2005 GU jerseys: Guillen, Loaiza, Byrd and Bennett. It was fun to meet some of the other GUU forum users and get my 2009 Stammen GU. Jersey signed and my 2007 Pudge GU bat signed.

allstarsplus
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Some of my photos:

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Some of my photos:

Andrew,

Those are great photographs. Can you tell me a bit about those awards? Were they on display for the FanFest? You don't own the Gold Glove trophy, do you? If you did, I would be extremely jealous. :p Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Manram
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
That gold glove award is sweet

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
That gold glove award is sweet

I want one. Though I am not sure that players are offering left and right to relinquish their Gold Glove trophies. Any forum members own one?

Buster
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Andrew,

Those are great photographs. Can you tell me a bit about those awards? Were they on display for the FanFest? You don't own the Gold Glove trophy, do you? If you did, I would be extremely jealous. :p Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Ryan Zimmerman hasn't even had the opportunity of savoring the satisfaction of winning the award for the best defensive third baseman in the National League, voted on and recognized with this 2009 Gold Glove award, and you think he already sold it to this gentlemen?

That would be the most disingenuous thing a major leaguer could do, so it's my guess this is not the case. Later, after retirement, with physical ailments and bills that are mounting, you know, possibly a reason to sell it, sure.

But a month after being awarded the honor?

Maybe you were kidding?

Buster

frikativ54
01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Ryan Zimmerman hasn't even had the opportunity of savoring the satisfaction of winning the award for the best defensive third baseman in the National League, voted on and recognized with this 2009 Gold Glove award, and you think he already sold it to this gentlemen?

That would be the most disingenuous thing a major leaguer could do, so it's my guess this is not the case. Later, after retirement, with physical ailments and bills that are mounting, you know, possibly a reason to sell it, sure.

But a month after being awarded the honor?

Maybe you were kidding?

Buster

I said it tongue-in-cheek. Andrew always has such incredible items and access to star players that I said that perhaps he was given it. :p It was a lighthearted utterance, and that's all I meant when I said it.

BaseballGM
01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Long autograph lines on a freezing day outside. Saw gu baseballs, various dates for $35. Line up cards were more expensive, starting at $100. Did you see the broken shard from Dunn? I think it had a $200 price tag for 3/4 of a bat. Plenty of Manny Acta jerseys lol.

allstarsplus
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Long autograph lines on a freezing day outside. Saw gu baseballs, various dates for $35. Line up cards were more expensive, starting at $100. Did you see the broken shard from Dunn? I think it had a $200 price tag for 3/4 of a bat. Plenty of Manny Acta jerseys lol.

All 3 Acta's were all authentics and 2 of them had those cardboard retail tags attached to them even though they were all marked Game Used.

The game used bat barrels with no handles for $200 were a joke.

I noticed 2 jerseys from today already up on eBay which were the 2 I noticed were still there at 1:30. That didn't take long! LOL

The NatsFest was great for autographs and photo ops but the game used pickin's were slim. Keep in mind last year we had tables set up but they weren't doing that this year and I think that's a shame.

Manram
01-31-2010, 06:18 PM
All 3 Acta's were all authentics and 2 of them had those cardboard retail tags attached to them even though they were all marked Game Used.

The game used bat barrels with no handles for $200 were a joke.

I noticed 2 jerseys from today already up on eBay which were the 2 I noticed were still there at 1:30. That didn't take long! LOL

The NatsFest was great for autographs and photo ops but the game used pickin's were slim. Keep in mind last year we had tables set up but they weren't doing that this year and I think that's a shame.

Who were the player's bat barrells for $200? I know it is way to much no matter who used it but just wondering

allstarsplus
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Who were the player's bat barrells for $200? I know it is way to much no matter who used it but just wondering

They had Adam Dunn, Ryan Zimmerman, Elijah Dukes, and Cristian Guzman, and a few others.

Manram
01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
So it was just the barrell and they didn't have the handle???

Manram
01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Do they really think people will pay that much for a barrel?

allstarsplus
01-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Do they really think people will pay that much for a barrel?

I think so! I don't think they sold 1 bat. There were some cracked bats that were in 1 piece too. Guys like Anderson Hernandez, Willie Harris, Wil Nieves and a few others.

08Cubs
01-31-2010, 07:25 PM
There was a pretty nice Dukes bat in there they were selling for $100. There was a decent size chunk out of one side of the handle, but the bat was intact. I would have bought it if I didn't already have one.

The Kearns jersey at the Dream Foundation booth was a TBTC they were asking $200 for. I already have LoDuca's, so didn't particularly want another.

The Nats are making steady progress with the fan side of the organization, but I really wish they would find a better way to deal with their game used. First, I'm stunned there was so little in there, and what there was wasn't all that exciting - although I did look at the Rick Short jersey a bit. As was discussed in the Orioles Fanfest thread, IMHO the way the Cubs do it (by auction at the convention) is the best. You may pay a lot for desirable items but at least you know where to find it, it is transparent who it is going to, and everyone gets an equal shot.

08Cubs
01-31-2010, 07:50 PM
So, based on the holo the game used balls that were on offer were from 2007, which would have been good to know since I thought the one I bought was from that date in 2009.

Natinals.