PDA

View Full Version : Padres Open House on Jan. 28

Jayworld
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone going to the Padres open house on January 28th? Looks like admittance is free, and current and former players will be there. Wish I could go, but being in Texas prohibits that somewhat. :rolleyes:

More information here:
http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/sd/ticketing/open_house.jsp

Also, notice on the page that the old (and best, IMO) swinging Padres logo is featured on the page. Very interesting.

Jay

scootmagroot
01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I was debating going. They wont be selling anything at this....thats a couple weeks later. looking for anything specific?

Anyone going to the Padres open house on January 28th? Looks like admittance is free, and current and former players will be there. Wish I could go, but being in Texas prohibits that somewhat. :rolleyes:

More information here:
http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/sd/ticketing/open_house.jsp

Also, notice on the page that the old (and best, IMO) swinging Padres logo is featured on the page. Very interesting.

Jay

obpercent1
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I was debating going. They wont be selling anything at this....thats a couple weeks later. looking for anything specific?

If anyone is going to the sale in a few weeks I am always looking for anything Phil Plantier related.
Thanks
Mike

scootmagroot
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
If anyone is going to the sale in a few weeks I am always looking for anything Phil Plantier related.
Thanks
Mike

Ill look for jerseys, but that would be all they have of him, but i doubt they will have any

pietraynor
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Still seeking any Jay Payton Padres jersey, I know it's a stretch, but if anyone going to the upcoming sale could watch for one & pick it up if there, I would gladly pay a finders fee. Thanks in advance, Jay.

GoTigers
01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm a big Adrian Gonzalez fan. What do they usually have at the sale? Anything besides bats?

scootmagroot
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm a big Adrian Gonzalez fan. What do they usually have at the sale? Anything besides bats?

They wont have any Adrian Gonzalez stuff. I dont think they had anything last year....at least anything they actually realized was Adrian. I got lucky and found a helmet sitting on the table. it was a green sunday home game helmet and it only had a small sticker with his number on it (on the underside of the bill)

they tend to hold back stuff that can be auctioned off later (peavy, maddux, hoffman all last year)

kudu
01-21-2010, 11:13 PM
The link above to the Open House webpage says "Exclusive Padres merchandise sale". Would that include game jerseys and bats?

schubert1970
01-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Someone pick me up some Wade Leblanc stuff. I've been looking for a long long time with no luck. I have his California League All-Star game jersey, but would love to get a Padre one or even a dang bat.

Bill

scootmagroot
01-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Someone pick me up some Wade Leblanc stuff. I've been looking for a long long time with no luck. I have his California League All-Star game jersey, but would love to get a Padre one or even a dang bat.

Bill

Shoot me an email. Scooter2403@yahoo.com

chakes89
01-22-2010, 02:11 AM
I would be interested in any Bobby Basham items they may have.

Email me if you can help

Jayworld
01-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately about anything I'm interested in they probably would not have, as although a long-time Padres fan (since 1975), I only am interested in the brown and gold items up to 1979 or the brown/orange/gold items through 1984. I know that they sometimes wear turn-back-the-clock items at times (I have a batting helmet)....

Do any former players show up to sign, etc.?

Jay

scootmagroot
01-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately about anything I'm interested in they probably would not have, as although a long-time Padres fan (since 1975), I only am interested in the brown and gold items up to 1979 or the brown/orange/gold items through 1984. I know that they sometimes wear turn-back-the-clock items at times (I have a batting helmet)....

Do any former players show up to sign, etc.?

Jay

they have some of the older stuff, but usually bad jerseys with no name plates, or other issues with them.

older players do show up, they usually list who will be there a few days prior

millerbr
01-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Did anybody end up going to this? Or plan on going later today? Is the FanFest in February better?