PDA

View Full Version : Big NFL Auction Blunder!!!!

JasonBanz
01-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Well the alternate orange jerseys have now been sold but when coming across a few other game used jerseys from the Dolphins I noticed something very strange! A Daunte Culpepper game worn jersey from 2007 :eek: . Thats weird! How did Daunte Culpepper wear a Dolphins jersey as a Raider? It is tagged for 07, plus the navy shadowing on the numbers is thinned out, (Which started in 2007). In 2006 the shadowing was a little thicker! See the pics below!

JasonBanz
01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Forgot the link

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=112797701&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=113144411

sox83cubs84
01-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm totally guessing here, but is there any chance that Daunte was with the Dolphins in 2007 preseason? Again, I may well be wrong, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Dave M.
Chicago area

JasonBanz
01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Dave,
No. He was cut before that. I even double checked before the post.

ivo610
01-21-2010, 01:10 AM
ok this is insane. NFLauctions keeps screwing up. They are just as bad as an auction house.

JasonBanz
01-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Anyone know how far in advance the jerseys are made. He was released from the Dolphins in June of 2007.........issued maybe?

allstarsplus
01-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Anyone know how far in advance the jerseys are made. He was released from the Dolphins in June of 2007.........issued maybe?

Great research! Here is my theory on it. The team probably had some community events for Culpepper to attend in the off-season so they had a gamer ready for him.

Still, like your title states, a big blunder!

G1X
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Culpepper was not officially released by the Dolphins until July 17, 2009. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/2007-07-17-culpepper-released_N.htm

Being only a few weeks before the first pre-season game, the Dolphins' 2007 jerseys had probably already arrived (or at least been ordered). As long as NFL Auctions is not claiming that the jersey was game worn, there should not be a concern.

Hope this information is useful.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

JasonBanz
01-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Great research! Here is my theory on it. The team probably had some community events for Culpepper to attend in the off-season so they had a gamer ready for him.

Still, like your title states, a big blunder!

Thanks man! When the Dolphins do community events the players actually wear a screened on replica with no name on the back. Kinda weird to me, but I know in South Florida an authentic or game jersey sure would be hot in the sun! The post below was probably right. Ordered right before the preseason. Now I will probably e-mail NFL Auctions and request they change the listing. Although highly doubtful considering its already to a higher amount than I would pay for it!

G1X
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
A serious typo in my previous post. I should have said that he was released July 17, 2007, not 2009.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for WFL and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Darren Lewis and Wilie McGee equipment.

JasonBanz
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Didn't even notice it! I knew what you meant! Still a little strange for NFL Auctions to put an issued as game worn. I e-mailed them, I'll see what they say!

allstarsplus
01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks man! When the Dolphins do community events the players actually wear a screened on replica with no name on the back. Kinda weird to me, but I know in South Florida an authentic or game jersey sure would be hot in the sun! The post below was probably right. Ordered right before the preseason. Now I will probably e-mail NFL Auctions and request they change the listing. Although highly doubtful considering its already to a higher amount than I would pay for it!

Great question since you don't figure a lineman would wear those shorter sleeve skin tight jersey that they would wear for a game out on an appearance and a QB jersey would be larger in size without the shoulder pads and be very loose fitting.

Not sure if it is an "authentic" vs. a gamer they would wear to community events.

In baseball, I have noticed the players definitely wear the gamers out at community events as they don't generally tuck the jerseys in and I have seen the Set # and year tags.

In hockey, I know someone who was on a Geico commercial hockey shoot with the player, and it was definitely the gamer with a MEIGray tag in it ;)

Getting back to the question at hand, I can't say for sure either way so maybe the NFL Auction people can give some clues.