PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication, Session Dates?

Mets05
01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
I am interested in a jersey but when I use the MLB Authentication Database, in the session product description it shows a "blue" jersey but that day, he wore a "white" jersey...

Does the session date have any bearing when the jersey was actually worn? Or is when the authenticatior received the items from the team?

Any input/thoughts would be appreciated...Mets05

kylehess10
01-20-2010, 05:45 PM
The session date should be the date they hologrammed the jersey.

joelsabi
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
I am interested in a jersey but when I use the MLB Authentication Database, in the session product description it shows a "blue" jersey but that day, he wore a "white" jersey...

Does the session date have any bearing when the jersey was actually worn? Or is when the authenticatior received the items from the team?

Any input/thoughts would be appreciated...Mets05

depends what kind of session, if its a autograph session or game session. what is the authentication # of your item?

coxfan
01-20-2010, 09:38 PM
My impression, based on trying to follow some authentication sequences, is that authenticators vary and have no clear protocols. The session date for a game-used ball is the date of the game. But I think other equipment, such as bats, that are used in more than one game may be given one of those games ( not necessarily the last one) as the session date. For example, I have a bat that I think, from a video clip, was used in two consecutive games. It was broken in the second one, but I suspect the authenticator gave it the next-to-last game as session date because it was Jackie Robinson Day, and he thought that game was more significant. They should try give the date as the date it was last used, if possible; but I think it varies.

Mets05
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Thankg guys...

Joelsabi,

MLB Authentication Number is LH 425189 and LH 126884...425, the date listed Romero wore a home white, number says retro blue.

The 126 is listed as a 10/3/09 session date but Romero pitched on 10/4/09 but could have previously worn it about a week before...Just a little confused about the process, maybe it is a mix up on the site...

Thanks for your help, Mets05

Mets05
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
All,

After doing some more late night research, it looks like the authenticators received a lot of Toronto items on 10/3/09...They also authenticated 11 Toronto batting helmets on the same day.

Judging by coxfans' post, it looks like they just went ahead and cleaned out the BJ's dugout after the game and authenticated everything at once...Also, I was contacted privately by a user and was told if I am dealing with Toronto directly, they are usually top notch in their handling of GU items...

Welcoming any other thoughts/comments...Mets05

PS-More to coxfans' post about the varying date...One of the batting helmets authenticated on 10/3/09 was a pitchers helmet and according to baseball-reference.com, he only batted during interleague play, which ended in June.