PDA

View Full Version : Is this a legit bat?

Tay1038
01-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to pick up a Rod Carew gamer for my collection and want to know what all of you think of this bat.

At first glance I can see its a 1977-79 era bat. I was told that Rod Carew ordered a few shipments of K55's in 1971-72 and one order in 1976. There are no documented K55 orders in the 1977-79 period.

My first question - does this throw up a red flag? Should I stay away from this? And secondly - how accurate are shipment records?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Taylor
Tay1038@aol.com

scottanservitz
01-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I believe it has been discussed on here that the shipping records from LS do have some discrepencies in them. But my personal rule of thumb is that if the bat from a hall of fame player does not match the records then I'm not comfortable buying it. It could be a team index bat ordered by the team and used by anyone on the team. It is really easy to write the number of the player on the bat by anyone. I would also look at player use characteristics. I don't know Carew's personal use traits. So if you are still interested, I would look for those or matching the # style from any authentic bats you can find. Just my take.