PDA

View Full Version : o/t Facebook Group for Haiti Relief

legaleagle92481
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
As part of my Haiti relief efforts I have created a Facebook group. For all people that join by Thursday the 21st I will donate a nickel. So tI encourage those of you on there to join and tell your friends as the more members the more money will be raised. If anyone wants to match my donation or donate some other amount that would be wonderful but is not required to join the Facebook group. I also will have links to all of my auctions on there. There is a day and a half left to bid on the current batch. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=255704902771

Lokee
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree with helping the people of Haiti out but PLEASE make sure you kno who you are donating to. A few of the "charities" are not very good or reliable.

I do want to say something. I have done alot of re-search into the US and Haiti's relationship and am VERY suprised the US is helping the people out at all. Haiti’s vulnerability to natural disasters, its food shortages, poverty, deforestation and lack of infrastructure, are not accidental. To say that it is the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere is to miss the point; Haiti was made poor–by France, the United States, Great Britain, other Western powers and by the IMF and the World Bank.

I could go on and on....

legaleagle92481
01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
I agree with helping the people of Haiti out but PLEASE make sure you kno who you are donating to. A few of the "charities" are not very good or reliable.

I do want to say something. I have done alot of re-search into the US and Haiti's relationship and am VERY suprised the US is helping the people out at all. Haiti’s vulnerability to natural disasters, its food shortages, poverty, deforestation and lack of infrastructure, are not accidental. To say that it is the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere is to miss the point; Haiti was made poor–by France, the United States, Great Britain, other Western powers and by the IMF and the World Bank.

I could go on and on....

Yeah I only trust the Red Cross I read disturbing things about Wyclef Jean's charity and some others.