PDA

View Full Version : game used football jersey tagging

pungent
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
if a modern day football jersey is missing the Reebok manufacturer's jocktag on the lower left corner of the jersey does it mean it is fake? I see a lot of jerseys claiming game used but is missing that tagging.

BULBUS
01-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Many players have their jerseys customized such as hemming them with an elastic waist. Some players just cut the jersey so it isnt so long. either way, the tag is cut off.

TriplexXxSports
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
if a modern day football jersey is missing the Reebok manufacturer's jocktag on the lower left corner of the jersey does it mean it is fake? I see a lot of jerseys claiming game used but is missing that tagging.

No it does not. And as pointed out it could be because of customizations (see 1st picture below).

Another thing that is becoming more and more common is the Reebok tag that is usually on the tail has been seen in the neckline (were the i.e. '05-48' tag would be). See second picture below.

TriplexXxSports
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM
It may help to post some pictures of the jersey to look over. I'm sure some of the 'experts' here would be glad to help you out.