PDA

View Full Version : 2010 twinsfest

jobathenut
01-17-2010, 02:00 AM
I know i am early as its a couple weeks away.But just in case some twins fans did'nt know.The 2010 twinsfest is coming up friday jan 29th to sunday jan 31st.

stitzerfse
01-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Don't know how much the Twins plan on releasing, but I live too far away to attend and would be willing to make it well worth someone's time if they were able to pick up any Mauer GU items, especially a jersey!

Doug
stitzer04@yahoo.com

nomarmauerfan
01-17-2010, 12:23 PM
I doubt they'll have any GU Mauer or Morneau stuff. Last year, they didn't. However, they did have a bat and jersey as part of the silent auction. The Mauer stuff will go for a ton this year. Last year, a jersey went for $1200 and a bat (with VERY light use) went for (I believe) $1000 (was paired with a Morneau and a Span).

Mike

Jays1fan
01-17-2010, 01:28 PM
I see Corey Koskie is going to be there. Thought about having my Corey Koskie 2005 Opening Day Locker Name Plate with MLB Hologram signed unless there is a Twins fan here that wants it.

jobathenut
01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Me and my brother are not twins fans but we go to the show ever year.And the twins have nothing for game used items.Last year for jersey's they had one small rack of jerseys and no stars and still wanted big money for them.And no bats or baseballs or anything else other than bases and wanted good money for them.I wish the twins were like all the other teams fests i hear about on here.I think all thier game used items are saved for thier overpriced silent and public auctions they do at the emd of the show on sunday.Or they all go to the twins proshop where they can sell a morneur jersey for $2,000,as my brother saw one for that price they.Maybe that a good price just seems a little expensive to me.I think that twinsfest is great though if you are looking to get autographs as all the players are there.But you are going to be in line for a long time to see the stars.As mauer and morneur was like a 3 hour wait to stand in line.And heard they even had to cut if off as the line was so long and not everyone got a autograph.And they sometimes do a picture op thing and the problem is they do that on the floor with all the tables are and last year morneur was doing it when we were there.And the line went in and out and around almost the whole floor of the dome where the tables were making it very crowded.And they also have past twins there.I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.:)

sox83cubs84
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.:)[/quote]

I'd enjoy seeing Wynegar again. I can't get to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (where he coaches), and I've been a fan ever since he traded me a Brewers BP cap of his in exchange for memorabilia.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jobathenut
01-18-2010, 01:30 AM
SOX83CUBS84-Yeah i would be willing to give anything to meet him.As i have loved him since i first saw him play as a rookie for the twins.And grew up admiring him.We used to go to alot of game at the old met stadium to see him play.He is the reason i became a catcher.I modeled my playing style after him and even wore his jersey number as mine.And the day the twins let him go was a sad day for me.And the fact that his playing career was cut short cause of his foot problems.I have no idea why he has never been at a twinsfest.As it seems all other players have.I would love to go to even scranton and watch him coach.I almost bought a game used jersey of his from that team.Back when i was buying things and adding to my collection his items were my most sought after.As i have always wanted something game used of his but things of his are rare.I used to have a game used angels bat of his but had to sell it.Back when i was a kid my brother wrote to mr.wynegar and told him about me.And my brother included a 4x6 picture i took of wynegar playing as a twin.And mr wynegar sent it back and even wrote me a letter.And to this day i still have both items framed and displayed.I talked to this guy i sold the bat to.And he told me he knew him.And even played a voice mail message he had saved of him.Any way,i guess this guy runs a fantasy camp and has been trying in getting mr wynegar to come to it and he has never been able to do it.I guess he does not like doing promotional things like that-like twinsfest.Too bad as i would be first in line for sure if he ever was there.You are so lucky to have done a deal with him.And to have his hat-wow.:)
I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.:)

I'd enjoy seeing Wynegar again. I can't get to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (where he coaches), and I've been a fan ever since he traded me a Brewers BP cap of his in exchange for memorabilia.

Dave M.
Chicago area[/quote]

favrenvikes09
01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
This will be the first time I'm going to attend Twinsfest. I am planning on going up there for all three days. I've been to Brewers On Deck in the past and I was wondering if people line up outside the stadium hours in advance to get in and get first in line for the autograph corners. I'm mainly going for the minor leaguers but my friend wants to get Mauer. Plmk if you guys have any suggestions.

sox83cubs84
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Joba:

There's a Brewers home coaches gamer of Wynegar on eBay until sometime Wednesday.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jobathenut
01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Me and my brother go every year and yes people line up outside the gates.And they camp out long before it and bring lawn chairs.Several years ago when paul molitor was a twin that first season.My brother is a huge moiltor fan so he wanted to get there early and the gates opened on that saturday at i believe 10am.And we got there at 6am and there was already a line there.As they only had one gate open for people to come in.And they run once they open the gates.I think now they have like 2 gates.If you are planning to get the "wonderkids" (mauer) you better camp over night i think:) .As last year he signed on the friday we were there.And the wait was like 3-4 hours and they cut the line off so some people who bought tickets i was told got a refund and no autograph.As far as minors no problem there as the line is just there for the big names.But inside expect to wait in a line for even them.And they have them all sitting at seperate tables.The messed up thing is that the tables are in the middle of the tables of people selling items so it can get crowded.But the minors in past season were way off by themselves.I am not sure what the signing schedule is.I usually go on twins.com and look at it as they post it on there.Usually the big names signed once each day.But with such hype on the kid who knows now.He proberly will only sign one day.And i will be interested on his price also.You can buy your tickets to get inside ahead of time for $8 or at the door or day of it for $12.It would proberly be best for you to buy them ahead of time as some times the box office does not open before the gates.And bundle up as last year on friday they were like a 1/2 hour late opening the gates.And it was freezing,i mean it is minnesota so you expect cold in the winter.But come on open the darn gates when you say you will open them.And they have a silent auction and public one but you better bring big buck as they go for alot.And they don't have anything for game used items there so don't expect it to be like the brewers.As i have heard they sell alot of game used items at thiers.Well hope that helps and have fun.
This will be the first time I'm going to attend Twinsfest. I am planning on going up there for all three days. I've been to Brewers On Deck in the past and I was wondering if people line up outside the stadium hours in advance to get in and get first in line for the autograph corners. I'm mainly going for the minor leaguers but my friend wants to get Mauer. Plmk if you guys have any suggestions.

jobathenut
01-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks sox83cubs84(dave)-But i don't do ebay.I kind of put myself on a personal boycott of that place.But it's very interesting to see how much there want for it.I would be very tempted to bid on it if i looked at it.So i better not.As i am trying to sell off my collection.And can not be adding items to it even how much i want it.But thanks as that was very nice of you.
Joba:

There's a Brewers home coaches gamer of Wynegar on eBay until sometime Wednesday.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Tay1038
01-21-2010, 03:51 PM
If anyone on here wants to meet up give me a shout. I'll be attending a couple days. Will go have a Dome dog and soda together!

Taylor

favrenvikes09
01-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds cool, I'll be there friday and Saturday for sure. Not 100% sure about sunday yet.

nomarmauerfan
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
If anyone on here wants to meet up give me a shout. I'll be attending a couple days. Will go have a Dome dog and soda together!

Taylor

Taylor,
My son and I will be there Friday night and Sunday. LMK if you want to meet up...you know my email.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
01-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I'll be there Saturday. I'm paying a guy $100 to get my Mauer signed :eek:

Tay1038
01-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Really, you got balls! I wouldn't trust anyone to get my bat signed. What if he asked Mauer to sign the back of the bat in silver sharpie? I'm just sayin.. :p Give me a shout if you're there.

jwasserman
01-22-2010, 07:52 AM
I can't attend but if anyone finds any Neshek items, I'd definitely be interested.

MLB_Authentic
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
I see there is a Mauer 09 Game Used Bat in the live auction. I will definately have to win that one.

nomarmauerfan
01-25-2010, 09:22 PM
I see there is a Mauer 09 Game Used Bat in the live auction. I will definately have to win that one.

Realize that you're going to have some MAJOR competition!!!

Mike

MLB_Authentic
01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Well we both just got our tax returns back and funding is not an issue. :D

Tay1038
01-26-2010, 12:42 AM
It is when your bidding against me! ;]

MLB_Authentic
01-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Bring It! :p

Tay1038
01-26-2010, 10:10 PM
You can sit next to me while bidding.. will see who walks away first! ;)

Manram
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
You can sit next to me while bidding.. will see who walks away first! ;)

How much do you think it will go for??

jobathenut
01-27-2010, 03:15 AM
I know you did not ask me.But my brother has been to those live auctions at twins fest.And as live auctions go the bidding goes way over what the value of the item is.You get emotions,and as you see on this thread itself you get the compititive nature of it.I think the wonder kids bat because of the hype around him now, will go for $3,000 easily maybe $5,000.I think it's funny the opening bid is $200.That won't even be the first bid on it.If i was a kid fan and had deep pockets i would bid the $5,000,on the first bid.I would go for the knockout punch right away.I have seen it done in person before at live auctions like at the car show in arizona.And if you planned on spending at least that much anyway,why not do it right away.
How much do you think it will go for??

jobathenut
01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
By the way,if you promise not to hit me for anything i might have said on here.I will be there friday with my brother.We won't be hard to miss.As we will be the only one's wearing yankees items there.:)

MLB_Authentic
01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know if your allowed to bring in a duffel bag or backpack? I have a bunch of stuff I would like to bring with, but dont want to carry it all around. Would like to just put it in a backpack or something.

jobathenut
01-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes you can bring a backpack as me and my brother bring one every year to it.And there is no coat check so people just leave thier coats on the stadium seats.Have fun:)
Does anyone know if your allowed to bring in a duffel bag or backpack? I have a bunch of stuff I would like to bring with, but dont want to carry it all around. Would like to just put it in a backpack or something.

lehmsbobby
01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
not going to twinsfest... but after spring training am heading up for the twins two exhibition games vs. the cardinals and was wondering if anyone else is planning on going....

MLB_Authentic
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Did anyone attend tonite? Was Mauer Signing Game Used Stuff?

harleighb
01-30-2010, 12:08 AM
I just got back from Twinsfest. I've done the Mauer/Morneau thing enough in the past so that I don't have to endure their lines any longer. I heard Thome had quite a line as well. I hit the prospects table a few times (Hicks, Revere, etc.). Pretty decent lines for the prospects (kids and parents love the freebies). I also hit the Neshek, Perkins, Kubel and Young line (all for $15) which in true Twinsfest fashion started an hour before they arrived to sign. It actually seemed like fewer people as compared to Friday's past. I think tomorrow is going to be really crowded (last day for Mauer, Thome and a couple of other players). Sunday could be a bit slower this year.

Not much game used stuff on the floor this year. Pro Shop had its usual batch of jerseys and broken bats. Cheapest jerseys were $75, fringe players were $150 and solid starters around $200-250 (Baker, Kubel, etc.). Before anyone asks, no Mauer jerseys (no 2009s released to the public through the Pro Shops) and no Morneau jerseys.

I think the auction on Sunday should be very interesting with a Mauer GU bat and jersey among the items being auctioned off.

I'll try to update tomorrow.

jobathenut
01-30-2010, 04:14 AM
I was there tonight for day #1 of twinsfest.I did not see the wonderkid signing any game used items.
Did anyone attend tonite? Was Mauer Signing Game Used Stuff?

jobathenut
01-30-2010, 04:24 AM
I also went to day#1 of twinsfest.But i thought the proshop had the most items i have ever seen there.But that's not saying much as like last year they had one small rack of jerseys of bit players and wanted what i thought way too much for them.And they had bases but that was it.But this year they did not have bases but they had hats,jerseys even some stars and alot of bats.But agian they were to me a little spendy for bit players.And of course no wonderkid or justin items.But there was plenty on the floor at the tables if you want to spend $3,000 for a game used justin jersey-:eek: .But then its proberly worth that,just not to me.In all in was a good show,nice turnout as fridays are usually the less busy day.But i think the hype around the wonderkid and the new stadium got alot of people there.And i just have to say i am not a big fan of thome.But i have to say it's very classy of him to attend the event as i am sure they did'nt expect him to.And it's funny as him being there took some attention from the kid.As i heard several people say they were planning to be in the kids line but changed to thome when they heard he was going to be there.I just wish my favorite twin butch wynegar would be at a show.

sylbry
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Saturday morning there was a 2007 Mauer alt for $2000 and a 2007 Morneau road for $500. Sold within 1.5 hours.

thomecollector
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Saturday morning there was a 2007 Mauer alt for $2000 and a 2007 Morneau road for $500. Sold within 1.5 hours.
You going now. Are you done ? Tell Jim Roger said Hey!

sylbry
01-30-2010, 12:12 PM
You going now. Are you done ? Tell Jim Roger said Hey!

I went through his line this morning. That man can crank out his autograph at an incredible pace. Unfortunately the staffer wouldn't allow him to personalize the ball. So it won't do me any good.

nomarmauerfan
01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
The Pro Shop booth has a 2007 Alternate blue GU Mauer jersey for $2000. It was still there at the close of Twinsfest tonight.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Just got back from today. Picked up a 09 Span LVS and a 09 Duensing Jersey. Along with a Carew ball that I waited in line for and they MLB Authenticated it for me. Pretty good day overall. Now to go back tomorrow and win that 09 Mauer in the live auction.

Manram
01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
How much did the mauer bat go for? Did any of you win it?

spartakid
01-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Just got back from today. Picked up a 09 Span LVS and a 09 Duensing Jersey. Along with a Carew ball that I waited in line for and they MLB Authenticated it for me. Pretty good day overall. Now to go back tomorrow and win that 09 Mauer in the live auction.

It didn't sell yet, the austion is tomorrow.

favrenvikes09
01-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Got home a while ago, I went the past two days. Got a bunch of minor league gu stuff signed and it was my first time attending. Thought it was really cool. I was actually able to pick up a nice Dustin Martin cracked Marucci bat MLB authenticated for just $25 and I also was able to get a Justin Morneau signed and inscribed GU home hat from 2008. I got it from the guy who runs jessecrain.net and those player websites if any twins fans know who I'm talking about.

Manram
01-31-2010, 10:30 AM

It didn't sell yet, the austion is tomorrow.

Oh sorry I read it wrong, i thought it said go back tonight

nomarmauerfan
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
For anyone who's interested, the Mauer bat went for $2250 (I stopped at $1150) and his jersey went for $4000+. A 2009 GU Morneau jersey went for $1000. They were framed, but, the framing looked like it was done by my 9-year old son! I took a pic of the Mauer bat. If someone on here didn't win it and doesn't post a pic, I'll download it from my phone on here over the next few days. The bat was definitely pounded.

Mike

Manram
01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
For anyone who's interested, the Mauer bat went for $2250 (I stopped at $1150) and his jersey went for $4000+. A 2009 GU Morneau jersey went for $1000. They were framed, but, the framing looked like it was done by my 9-year old son! I took a pic of the Mauer bat. If someone on here didn't win it and doesn't post a pic, I'll download it from my phone on here over the next few days. The bat was definitely pounded.

Mike

Wow is that some cash. But the again it's joe mauer :rolleyes:

wiggi034
02-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I was there tonight for day #1 of twinsfest.I did not see the wonderkid signing any game used items.

I didn't see any game used items in the Mauer lines on Friday or Saturday, but there was no stipulation that restricted him from signing game used stuff. I got my '06 GU bat signed at the autograph party last summer without any problems. My girlfriend had it signed and he inspected for a while then said that it looked like it treated him well (it's a pretty pounded bat).

jobathenut
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah i know that there was not anything that said he would'nt sign game used items.Someone had asked if he was signing game used items.And i just stated i did'nt see any being signed.:confused:
I didn't see any game used items in the Mauer lines on Friday or Saturday, but there was no stipulation that restricted him from signing game used stuff. I got my '06 GU bat signed at the autograph party last summer without any problems. My girlfriend had it signed and he inspected for a while then said that it looked like it treated him well (it's a pretty pounded bat).

jobathenut
02-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Darn it, i was a little off as i had said on here $3,000 was my guess for the wonderkids bat.Those are some crazy prices they get for those items at those twinsfest live auctions.Sorry to hear you did not win it.As i know you and the others were trash talking who was going to win it.So i was hoping one of you guys on here would win it.I am surprised you did win it.I am not big on the wonder kid items.And i know that you are.Are those not really over priced for his items.I mean could'nt you get a gamed used bat and jersey cheaper than that.And i know his items are not all that tough to find.And the justin jersey is funny as i saw a place there selling one for $3,000.

Mike

nomarmauerfan
02-01-2010, 08:04 AM
I am not terribly upset. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't compete at the prices Jesse and Taylor were talking about. However, mauer items are near-impossible to find. I'd love to know your source as you stated they're relatively easy to find. A fun weekend despite not going home with any GU stuff.

Mike

sylbry
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
The Mauer jersey showed no use at all. Someone paid $4k for a game issued jersey. There was a 2009 Mauer bat sitting in the hall of fame exhibit. I could see that helping the price out in the live auction. It just shows that bat is hall of fame caliber. Speaking of the hall of fame exhibit, I found it odd how the hat Scott Erickson wore during his no-hitter (sitting in the exhibit) was donated to the hall but the jersey he wore was eventually sold at the Twins Pro Shop.

W_EISENHUTH
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
No mention of the #7 Metrodome/Target Field "countdown number" I don't recall the exact amount that went for, but it was ridiculous! I am curious of the fair market value the twins placed on these items. The winners surely got a hefty tax deduction.

punch
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm new on here but I thought I'd pipe in on Twinfest this year. I hit it up with the sole purpose of getting a Mauer auto. I went Friday at about 1:30 to get in line outside the dome, doors were at 4, and Mauer was signing till 5:30. I knew I had to get there early and be aggressive to get a shot at his line so once the gates opened I ran my ass off down the halls to get into his line. I was shocked that it was already almost full past the barriers (the other gate opened before ours) but luckly I spotted my new line-buddies that I met outside and they let me slip in with them. It really pays to make temporary friends in these types of situations!

While in line, one of my new line-buddies 9 yeaorld niece joined us. I asked her if she was going to get anything signed and she said no, she just wanted to see Joe in person. I said I had an extra ball, and I'd pay her way in if she got it signed for me. She said YES! and got excited that she would get to meet and talk to Mauer. I cleared the transaction with her Uncle who said it would be cool. I felt like I hit the autograph lotto because not only did I actually get a decent spot in his line, but I was going to be able to double dip.

I don't think I'm ever going to take a crack at Mauers line in the near future though. Man you gotta be aggressive to make it. I was running past older people, fatter people, people with kids and I felt kinda bad. Some people who were in front of us in the outside-line got behind is in the auto-line because they got unlucky at the gate. Some people didn't know how to work their ticket scanners so some people got held up. Really, the entire thing is a gamble and even if you really prepare, you could get screwed by something intangible like idiots trying to use the scanners.

Here is my 9 yearold partner in crime getting Joe to sign my ball... (Joe was REALLY nice to her)

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs199.snc3/20634_10100144712432060_13932403_59295189_6471480_ n.jpg

Heres what I came away with...
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs179.snc3/20634_10100146057366800_13932403_59344740_3344814_ n.jpg

flightposite
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
No mention of the #7 Metrodome/Target Field "countdown number" I don't recall the exact amount that went for, but it was ridiculous! I am curious of the fair market value the twins placed on these items. The winners surely got a hefty tax deduction.

$4100. :eek:

jobathenut
02-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't have a source.I am sorry if i sounded like that.As i am no where near the expert as others like yourself are when it comes to the "kids" items.I was just saying that as i saw alot at twinsfest.I see them twins pro shop.I see them offered on here.I see them on auction sites.So i guess i was just basing my thoughts on that.I mean to me again if you wanted a wonderkid item you would not have to look that hard to find a item.I could proberly put a posting asking for a item and have replies to it right away on here alone.Again "NOMARMAUERFAN" i am sorry if i mis stated that.
I am not terribly upset. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't compete at the prices Jesse and Taylor were talking about. However, mauer items are near-impossible to find. I'd love to know your source as you stated they're relatively easy to find. A fun weekend despite not going home with any GU stuff.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I didnt win it either. I quit at $1500. I couldnt justify spending any more than that considering I already have a very nice 09 with more use and being photomatched. It was a very nice bat though.