PDA

View Full Version : game used Matsui & Fukudome and auto's from Japan

murfsteve25
01-16-2010, 04:45 AM
It was a pretty warm and sunny day here in Okinawa today. My son and I just got back from a roadtrip down to Naha to the Mizuno baseball shop. My plan was to just pick up a few baseballs to get signed tomorrow when we go watch some players practice. It was probably out 3rd time being in the Mizuno shop since we've been stationed here, but I dont remember ever seeing these game used bats and auto baseballs.

I saw the Matsui bat and was asking one of the workers about it. I asked him if it was game used and he said yes. Of course the language barrier played a big role in our conversation.

I also saw a Fukudome game used bat. On the sticker you see on the bat, it is labled 2005.

Another item I forgot to take a picture of was an Ichiro game used bat that was signed. I was asking about that too and the guy showed me this T-shirt. It was of Ichiro and said 9 consecutive 200 hit seasons. Underneath that, it had a list of every year he played for seattle, along with the stats for those years. He pointed to year 2003 and was trying to tell me thats the year the bat is from. Pretty cool.

Take a look at all the autographed baseballs. Only one I can make out is the Matsui autograph.

murfsteve25
01-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Forgot to mention...

The picture that I took from my car is when I was trying to take a pic of the Mizuno shop. You see the big JCB sign? Below that sign is a few shops, you can see one of them has a blue sign outside of the store. Thats where the Mizuno shop is.

jays78
01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Was the GU stuff for sale? If so what was it priced at?

Do they happen to sell non used (Matsui or Ichiro bats there?)

murfsteve25
01-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Was the GU stuff for sale? If so what was it priced at?

Do they happen to sell non used (Matsui or Ichiro bats there?)

Doesnt look like it was for sale. They guy have tons of memorabilia on a seperate shelf behind the counter in cases. looks like it was just for show. also had some ichiro cleats, batting gloves and a fielders glove. but none of those looked game used.

They did have all kinds of japanese bats there. Saw some ichiro, Matsui and Johjima model bats. Thought about possibly getting a johjima bat to get signed. prices wernt too bad, 7,500 yen each. that comes to a price range of $75 - $100 depending on the yen rate.

joelsabi
01-17-2010, 12:22 AM
second column to the left next to the matsui baseballs are Shigeo Nagashima baseballs.

murfsteve25
01-17-2010, 12:40 AM
second column to the left next to the matsui baseballs are Shigeo Nagashima baseballs.

How the heck did you know that?