PDA

View Full Version : OT: Looking for insight/opinions about this matter

GarkoCollector
01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
A member came to me wanting my item. We ended up agreeing to trade rather than me selling to him as he had an item that would complete another deal I'm trying to work out. I send him photos and he agrees to the deal, sayig everything was good, but he can't ship out for a week. I agreeto wait and ship the day he was supposed to. He emails me today, says the deal is off and he doesn't want my item anymore.

My question is this: if something is agreed to by both parties, other than being responsible, does the person have a responsibility to complete the deal being as though they initiated it in the first place? Supposedly he "lost interest" in the item.

I'm interested as to the views of the board members as the other party is one of us.
Thanks
Tom

Lokee
01-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Sounds kinda unethical to me.

ferro39
01-15-2010, 09:57 PM
i dont think he's obligated to.

that said, it's a POS thing to do especially after he waited the week to tell you. sounds like he could have shipped, but wanted to buy himself some extra time to think about it.

i would just take a mental note of who did it and not deal with them again, as well as let all of your buds know what this guy pulled.

chakes89
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
First of all, I am the member in question and I feel that I have nothing to hide so you should have put my name in the original posting.

Second, I didn't "put off" shipping for a week. We agreed to a deal on Sunday night and I told the original poster that I couldn't ship until Friday because I am a full time college student and I also have a job that takes up most of my free time outside of school and Friday is my only free weekday to do any shipping because I also have a class on Saturday mornings.

Third, I did lose interest in the item and I didn't have a real chance to let you know about that until today because of my busy schedule.

Fourth, I have a flawless history of doing business in this hobby that traces back at least 4-5 years now.

Perfect feedback on eBay and a spotless record on countless other sites, including this one.

I didn't think that this would be that big of a deal considering the total value of both items is no more $60-70, if that.

I told you that I was sorry and Im also sorry that your other deal also fell through.

Lokee
01-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I retract my statement as new evidence has come to light.

suicide_squeeze
01-15-2010, 11:22 PM
As thy Queen sits high in her thrown, glancing off into the distance with nare a concern after hearing his plea, the peasant kneels before her, chained ankles heavy, hopelessness abound......she utters the words to the two gladiator guards stationed on each lifeless arm with a backhanded double flick of her index finger.........

......."KILL him"......

GarkoCollector
01-15-2010, 11:55 PM
I retract my statement as new evidence has come to light.

This "evidence" is not actually true though, since I know exactly what was said to you. Your original post was based on fact and it still stands as other info is false.

chakes89
01-15-2010, 11:59 PM
What exactly is false?

Am I lying about my school schedule? Or the value of the items? Or my perfect feedback?

GarkoCollector
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
None of the above. I have emailed you to address this as I feel it's more respectful to deal with the person, which is why I didn't include your name.

chakes89
01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Email Sent

legaleagle92481
01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
I am not putting my two cents into a particular dispute but I would say that generally by both parties agreeing to trade a valid contract is formed and hence both parties have the obligation to go through with it.

GarkoCollector
01-17-2010, 12:37 PM
After further discussion, an amicable agreement was worked out by both parties.
Thanks to all for their opinions
Tom