PDA

View Full Version : Just received my FULL UNIFORM (+ extras!) of Chris Snee (NFL Giants OL)

skinsfan0521
01-15-2010, 09:05 PM
*** Just warning you that this post ended up being reallllly long, so if you don't feel like reading it all don't feel bad. I'm just posting to show it off and get some opinions/suggestions and share some details about the items included. :D ***

So, some of you may (or may not) remember that when I was posting on here a bit during the summer, I was discussing getting an entire uniform from Chris Snee of the NY Giants. Well, I got it the other day and took some (ok, a lot) of pics to post on here. The uniform was from the Giants @ Redskins on Monday Night Football 12/21/09.

Also, I don't have a LOA with it yet. I'm going to write one up and have Chris sign it for me, so I'd be interested in any comments/suggestions people may have on what kind of information and detail should be in the LOA.

Chris was great and sent me his entire uniform... not just the normal things that people consider part of the uniform (helmet, jersey, pants, cleats). He sent me his helmet (w/mouthguard still in the mask :(), jersey, pants, cleats (w/lots of grass and sod still in the cleats and the shipping box), socks, gloves, knee brace & one elbow sleeve.

The helmet he actually wore all year and that's why I didn't get the uniform until just this week. He was told by the equipment staff that he couldn't have his helmet right after the game, but needed to wait until the end of the season since they only have one prepared for him to use.

The jersey is the new Reebok style and is the first one that I've seen in person. It has no year tagging or sizing or anything like that put in by the Giants. It's just got the mfg tag on the inside of the collar printed on the jersey itself by Reebok. It has a size on there, but it's an odd size that must be something new with this new style. It also has no tail tagging of any sort. In addition to all that, it's got the velcro strap that goes from the front to the back of the jersey in the crotch. Now, I'm not sure if this is uniquefor most players or not, but I've got either a GI or GU jersey from almost every year Chris has been in the NFL and none of them have this on them, so it's unique to Chris anyway. I'm not sure if this is a jersey that was worn for just this game or several away games, but I know that immediately after the game, Chris took this jersey. So, it wasn't used after the Redskins game, I know that.

The pants are the same story as the jersey... not sure how often he's worn these pants, but they were taken right after that game. That was the last game they were worn in, but may have been worn in several other games as well. They interestingly have tagging from 05, so technically, he could've been wearing these same pants for the past several years if they keep them specifically for the same player the next year. They've got his #76 on the inside of the waistband as well as on the belt itself. With a very quick look on Getty, I've got a decent photomatch on the pants. There is a dirt mark on the back of the right leg that easily matches with a picture on Getty, but I haven't really spent more time analyzing for photomatches yet.

I'll have to spend some time photomatching to see if the cleats were worn in any other games besides this game, but in just a quick look on Getty, I can photomatch these cleats pretty easily using the off-center plastic circle on the inside of the one cleat. As I mentioned earlier, these still have a bunch of mud/grass caked in the cleats and some of it fell off into the shipping box as well.

I have spent no time trying to photomatch the helmet, but on the inside tagging you can see that it has a sticker with his number on it and I know that it is definitely a style-match for his helmet. As mentioned earlier, he left his mouthguard stuck in the facemask... which I'm not sure if is cool or just gross haha. Looks like his facemask was used for quite a bit more than just one game because it's got some pretty serious gouges and cuts in it, so that's cool.

The socks are neat, but nothing spectacular to say about them... they're socks. :rolleyes: I do find it interesting that it says right on them that they're linemen socks and gives the heights of the players that they will fit. Stupid NFL and all their uniform rules being so exact. Plus, they've got his number written on them too.

The knee brace is interesting because it cannot be photomatched (it's always under his socks/pants) and it was completely unexpected. It's unique, so it's cool, just not quite sure what to think about it really. haha

The same thing goes for the elbow sleeve that I got... It's cool because it's unexpected, but he wears one on each arm, so I have no idea which one it is and there is almost no way I'd ever be able to photomatch it to anything. I've style-matched it (if that's even possible with one of these lol), but I probably won't even bother to try and actually photomatch.

I have a couple questions about the gloves that I got. In looking at pictures of the game and I only see pictures of one style of gloves, but he sent me one glove each of two different styles. Also, the one that matches the correct style, has tape around the tips of the fingers, but in the game pictures, there is no tape around the fingers. So, I'm not 100% sure that they're actually from that game. I'm guessing that after the game, he just grabbed two gloves out of his locker/bag and threw them in there without actually thinking about too much.
The first thing is: can anybody find pictures of him actually wearing two styles of these gloves and/or the left glove with tape on the fingers??
Second, I'm not going to question Chris about the validity of them actually being from that game because I don't want to seem ungrateful (or pickier than I have already been).
So, the question is: Do I want to even mention the gloves in the LOA since it would only take 5 min of searching to realize that they're not actually from that game and it may put the entire LOA at question?? I obviously know that these items are all game worn and come directly from Chris, but I'm just not sure about these gloves being the actual gloves worn in this particular game. The other thing about this is, that this uniform will NEVER be sold, so I'm not really all that concerned with the LOA being "ironclad" or anything, I just feel like I should have one.

So, that's it for my super long post. Sorry for the ridiculously long read (if you even made it this far), but I'm just super excited about the uniform and I know that the only place anybody would appreciate it is on here. :D

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions!!

-Brian

skinsfan0521
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry for the pictures being so big... I had to resize them to be able to be uploaded, but I didn't even think about resizing them so they looked good on a computer screen...o well.

skinsfan0521
01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
one more last pic....

Dewey2007
01-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Sweet uniform! That's what all NFL jerseys should aspire to look like! Congrats on the nice pickup and the fact it came directly from Snee himself makes it that much better!

Lokee
01-15-2010, 09:36 PM
SA WEET

Nice uniform always nice to get it straight from the man who wore it.

I checked Getty no real "clear" picture of Chris as far as the gloves go. I know from my playing days that I would always tape my fingers on the hand that I put on the ground to get set but never my free hand if that makes sense ?

Did you think about getting a piece signed by him ? I think the knee brace and elbow guard would be pretty cool to have done.

Once again very nice !:)

skinsfan0521
01-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it!

Did you think about getting a piece signed by him ? I think the knee brace and elbow guard would be pretty cool to have done.

I thought about getting something signed, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I've got a different GU jersey, pair of gloves & pair of cleats (all from different years) signed by him, and I'm not sure if I want to have anything from this uni signed. Plus, I've got tons of other random stuff signed by him too. I used to be in the camp that believes that having something signed only adds to the value, but with this particular uniform, I'm not 100% in that same camp for some reason... :confused:

I'm still deciding, but I won't have a chance to have him sign anything until this summer anyway, so I've got some time to think about it.

Thanks again!

NYCrulesU
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Skinsfan, that's great! Awesome job. When you have a moment please email me.

mbenga28
01-15-2010, 10:05 PM
not much knowledge on NFL gamers, could someone fill me in how long they've been making them in Israel?

Manram
01-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice jersey

stretch
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
To view the pictures smaller, simply right click on the image, and click view image.

Great items and I do remember you mentioning it during the past.

JasonBanz
01-16-2010, 10:26 AM
not much knowledge on NFL gamers, could someone fill me in how long they've been making them in Israel?

Those are the new jerseys that were worn the first time this year. A few other players on different teams were trying them out also. A few were JerMichael Finley of Green Bay and Chad OchoCinco of Cincinnati. So this year was the first year they were made there.

Brian,
Great full uniform! You're a real lucky guy!