PDA

View Full Version : Mariano Rivera bats

gorilla777
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I am looking to add any Mariano Rivera bats.

Please send me pics and prices - bent_714@yahoo.com

Thanks, Ben

suave1477
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Good Luck.............. and im not saying that in a bad way it's just hard to find his own model bats

gorilla777
01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Believe me, I know. I have one of the best examples that I have ever run across, but want more of course. Figured it's worth a shot asking, right?

PwKw13
01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
J.T. Sports has a bat (no game use though).

suave1477
01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Believe me, I know. I have one of the best examples that I have ever run across, but want more of course. Figured it's worth a shot asking, right?

Do you have pics of it? If so please post them, would love to see it?

Is it a BP bat or used by someone else?

gorilla777
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Yes, I will get some pics to post here.

On the bat use, here is the Taube letter comments-

"Description - Mariano Rivera professional model bat is uncracked and shows evidence of excellent use. Several prominent ball marks and ball stitch marks are visible on the front and back barrel. Also visible on the bat are bat rack streaks. The handle has been taped in a criss-cross pattern approximately 11 inches to enhance the grip and there is a light coat of pine tar on the upper handle.
Comments - A review of Rivera's record indicates his only at bats have been 3 postseason appearances, therefore we cannot say the bat was game used but we do believe batting practice use by Rivera is likely."

Just about all of the other ones that I see are like the current one on JT's site now.

Ben

suave1477
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Very interesting.

I have a Mariano Rivera bat that was Game Used by Enrique Wilson,

cmw2ward
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm not looking to sell, but figured I would post my Mo's. Thanks

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=30526&page=6&highlight=pitchers+bats

suave1477
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm not looking to sell, but figured I would post my Mo's. Thanks

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=30526&page=6&highlight=pitchers+bats

Yes we spoke about yours on the other thread.

Interesting Rivera would inscribe game used. Since it is highly unlikely he did use them in a game. As the other member mentioned in the the other thread. We hope MO is not learning from AROD lol lol

gorilla777
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
That is a great collection of pitchers bats....

I have the Rivera and a Pedro Martinez from Boston era, still looking for more.

Also, on Rivera, he had Enrique Wilson prep the bats that he did end up using in BP.
Even now, not many career at bats, total 6 - 3 regular season and 3 post season.

Ben

cmw2ward
01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ben,

Did you get the Rivera on ebay a few months ago? If so you out bid me! I love Rivera as a player, collecting his bats is really fun. Did you get a chance to see the one on JT Sports?

Tim

gorilla777
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey Tim,

I did, if you mean back in September?

It was a helluva deal I thought.
I guess some guy put it on with a consigner saying he needed to scare up some fast cash, did not ask for a reserve, though he paid $2k for it 6 years ago. He showed up at the consignment place afterward (driving a Hummer, LOL ) all pissed off when it sold for a lot less than that.
That is why you put a reserve on it....

Ben

suave1477
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
That is a great collection of pitchers bats....

I have the Rivera and a Pedro Martinez from Boston era, still looking for more.

Also, on Rivera, he had Enrique Wilson prep the bats that he did end up using in BP.
Even now, not many career at bats, total 6 - 3 regular season and 3 post season.

Ben

Well I am not sure if Enrique prepped my bat (Mariano's) or actually used it. Because it definitely shows Enrique's prep work with pretty decent use on it and Enrique wrote EW on the knob. So I think to go through all that trouble he would of most likely used this one. Which wouldn't be that strange as it seems Enrique would use anyones bat he could get his hands on. I have seen many of his teamates bats used by Enrique Wilson.

gorilla777
01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Do you have pics of it? If so please post them, would love to see it?

Is it a BP bat or used by someone else?

Just about a year later, here are the pics of my Mariano Rivera bat.....

Ben

drizer7
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Nice bat. I've been looking for a game used Rivers bat for awhile. Not much out there. I guess they're pretty rare due to lack of at bats.