PDA

View Full Version : Royals FanFest 2010

CampWest
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey all.

Figured I'd start a thread for discussing the 2010 Royals FanFest taking place today and tomorrow.

Feel free to share your experiences, pickups, etc.

I am planning to go this afternoon if I can get work wrapped up a little early and probably also trying to attend tomorrow morning.

I know a few of you that had talked about possibly making it to the fest, anyone else definitely planning a trip?

Anybody taking anything special to try to get signed?

millerbr
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
I am planning on taking my little one to today's events. Don't know how long we will last since it is right in the middle of her nap time. Thought we would go today to try and beat most of the crowd later tonight and on a Saturday. I will try and report back when I get home on what they had. We live about an hour away, so sometimes it is hard to get back there 2 days in a row.

CampWest
01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Just learned that this afternoon, Greinke, Cone and Saberhagen will be signing together... The three Royals Cy Young winners... Should be a crazy line. Would be nice to get all three on a baseball, but I'll probably avoid waiting in a huge line.

MichaelofSF
01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
If anyone is able to pick up a Greinke game worn jersey/bat from this year you would likely have a buyer in me.
Michael
themikechu@aol.com

ferro39
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
what do they typically charge for jerseys?

shirkr
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Jerseys were fairly cheap (starting as low as $40 I recall), however, most were of the minor league players (used?). Very few of the starters or 40 man roster players are available. If they are available, they're usually gone within the first wave of buyers. They will have several auctions running for some of the better known players. A few members here were able to snatch up some good players at good prices the past few years. Additionally, they did sell better name player uni's from some of the tribute games. Usually where you pay for the jerseys they've had a roster/number list from the tribute games.

FYI: the past few years the Royals personnel were very strict on signing times and numbers of people they'll allow in line. What they have roped off is usually the number of follks they'll allow for that certain signing period. When the say an hour, they mean it. I'm not saying don't try, but from my experience if you're not in the roped off portion, your chances are slim.

At the end of fan fest last year they handed out "opinion" cards. I know that several people, myself included, chimed in on the autograph lines. So, maybe things changed a bit.

Good luck
Ryan

CampWest
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
If anyone is able to pick up a Greinke game worn jersey/bat from this year you would likely have a buyer in me.
Michael
themikechu@aol.com

sent you an email...

CampWest
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Ryan, I know they changed to a larger hall in the convention center and apparently things are more spread out and roomy, so should be less congested. Also they're using a different management vendor and expecting it to be smoother. Luckily though when a player's time is up another player usually takes their spot pretty quickly, so your time in line isnt completely wasted...

Ryan, Are you making it out tomorrow? Shoot me an email if you are, we can meet up for a beverage... And see if that one deal we were discussing is still viable.

At the end of fan fest last year they handed out "opinion" cards. I know that several people, myself included, chimed in on the autograph lines. So, maybe things changed a bit.

Good luck
Ryan

ferro39
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
if anyone happens to grab any roster players and doesnt want an arm and a leg, feel free to email me. there are also minors and/or BP jerseys floating around ebay, but id rather grab someone ive heard of.

ferro39@yahoo.com

CampWest
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Just got home from day 1. All in all, pretty good show. The charity store had fewer jerseys than usual, mostly coaches and relief pitchers. The best position player I saw was Esteban German. Jerseys were mostly cool base and spring training. Prices ranged from $40-60.

There were a couple dozen bats rotating in as things sold. A LOT, I mean a LOT of Mike Jacobs bats. I was talking to one of the equipment guys and he said Jacobs broke so many bats they were placing orders nearly every week for him. A handful of Tony Pena JR and a couple other minor players.

I picked up six bats, 3 with MLB holos. Mike Jacobs 2009 LVS Anniversary. Jose Guillen XBat. Mark Grudzielanek 2008 Red & Black Max Bat. Brayan Pena 2009 two tone Marucci. John Buck Old Hickory. And Miguel Olivo two tone XBat.

Not much of interest in the silent auction.

CampWest
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Also, the $30-40 bin of game used bats, I talked to a guy that grabbed a 2009 Mothers Day gamer of Mike Jacobs. Thats the cheapest I've ever seen a Mothers Day gamer sell for. He was pretty happy. Its funny that the Royals often have no idea what the value of their stuff is.

ndevlin
01-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Also, the $30-40 bin of game used bats, I talked to a guy that grabbed a 2009 Mothers Day gamer of Mike Jacobs. Thats the cheapest I've ever seen a Mothers Day gamer sell for. He was pretty happy. Its funny that the Royals often have no idea what the value of their stuff is.

Haha, that was me! Then you mentioned your Butler pink bat! Haha, yep, that was me alright, with my pink bat on my back. What are the odds.

I got a total of 9 jerseys, 6 lineup cards, 6 authenticated baseballs, a John Buck used helmet, and I think thats about it. All of which I believe I will be selling. I kind of got in trouble when I got home. Debating on the pink bat though.

As far as the 3 Cy Young signings, the first 4,000 people got a bag when they entered. Out of those, only 250 had a ticket in the bag to get those autographs. I actually ended up selling my ticket, for I really didnt have anything cool to sign on.

CampWest
01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Nate.... You shoulda said something, I thought you knew I had a pink butler!!!

Mannnnnn... I feel like we have unfinished business.

You going tomorrow? If so, I'll buy you a beer.

Haha, that was me! Then you mentioned your Butler pink bat! Haha, yep, that was me alright, with my pink bat on my back. What are the odds.

I got a total of 9 jerseys, 6 lineup cards, 6 authenticated baseballs, a John Buck used helmet, and I think thats about it. All of which I believe I will be selling. I kind of got in trouble when I got home. Debating on the pink bat though.

As far as the 3 Cy Young signings, the first 4,000 people got a bag when they entered. Out of those, only 250 had a ticket in the bag to get those autographs. I actually ended up selling my ticket, for I really didnt have anything cool to sign on.

ndevlin
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Nate.... You shoulda said something, I thought you knew I had a pink butler!!!

Mannnnnn... I feel like we have unfinished business.

You going tomorrow? If so, I'll buy you a beer.

Actually, I think I did know that, but I guess it just didnt click for some reason. Unfortunately, I cant go tomorrow, for I have to work, but we can definitely grab that beer one of these days.

You're right, lots of Jacobs and Pena Jr. bats. The bats you got must have been ones they added later in the day. I was there in the beginning and there when they went underneath the table to grab the second round of bats. I ended up leaving around 5 or so and they still had those same bats in there.

chakes89
01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Somewhat of a stretch but did anyone see any Russell Haltiwanger jerseys?

He was a minor league pitcher with KC in 2007 and 2008

MichaelofSF
01-15-2010, 11:32 PM
I could be wrong, but I think I remember that On Mother's Day this year Jacobs used his regular black LVS. Either way that is a great price on a pink bat

ndevlin
01-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Pink, and then I think he switched to black.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/87223121.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0A2E4E27744024EF4 FF2AA8DCCB6080677CE71AF036A2F7A9

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/87223154.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D049A3380453870FAC FF2AA8DCCB608067510D699ECB2D7A51

ndevlin
01-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Somewhat of a stretch but did anyone see any Russell Haltiwanger jerseys?

He was a minor league pitcher with KC in 2007 and 2008

Dont remember seeing him. I dont think they had minor league jerseys. They did have some minor league prospects that were invited to spring training. I purchased Dan Cortes and Derrick Robinson jerseys.

Sincityson
01-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Did anyone notice any items, jerseys or bats, etc.. of pitcher Ryan Braun?

sCs

CampWest
01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Did anyone notice any items, jerseys or bats, etc.. of pitcher Ryan Braun?

sCs

Sorry, couldnt find any Ryan Braun.

CampWest
01-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Less stuff hitting the bat bin today. Almost all Tony Pena Jr, John Buck, and Mike Jacobs at this point. They did have a table with a couple Alex Gordon and Billy Butler unused signed game ready bats. There were a couple of game used Gordon's and Butler's as well, but they went pretty quick and couldnt get my hands on a Gordon. Interestingly the game ready Butler's were 2009 Max Bats, which was weird because I have not seen Billy using a Max Bat except fall 2007 and spring 2008, but these clearly had the 2009 maple testing dot.

I added a Yuniesky Betancourt Marucci blonde bat today to my haul. And a pretty nice Butler bat that I'm trying to photo match right now.

Not much Greinke, one unsigned game used ball from a complete game shutout. And a Greinke signed game used ball from a non-milestone game.. They wanted $400 each on the Greinke balls.

Lots of players milling about today, Eisenreich, Balboni, Willie Wilson, etc.

bigtime59
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Any sign of any black "Kansas City" jerseys? I'd be interested if there were.
Thanks,

CampWest
01-16-2010, 04:29 PM
did not see a single one.

Any sign of any black "Kansas City" jerseys? I'd be interested if there were.
Thanks,

jobathenut
01-17-2010, 01:54 AM
CAMPWEST-Were there any kyle farnsworth items?
Just got home from day 1. All in all, pretty good show. The charity store had fewer jerseys than usual, mostly coaches and relief pitchers. The best position player I saw was Esteban German. Jerseys were mostly cool base and spring training. Prices ranged from $40-60.

There were a couple dozen bats rotating in as things sold. A LOT, I mean a LOT of Mike Jacobs bats. I was talking to one of the equipment guys and he said Jacobs broke so many bats they were placing orders nearly every week for him. A handful of Tony Pena JR and a couple other minor players.

I picked up six bats, 3 with MLB holos. Mike Jacobs 2009 LVS Anniversary. Jose Guillen XBat. Mark Grudzielanek 2008 Red & Black Max Bat. Brayan Pena 2009 two tone Marucci. John Buck Old Hickory. And Miguel Olivo two tone XBat.

Not much of interest in the silent auction.