PDA

View Full Version : i have decided to auction items on Ebay to help fund Haiti relief

legaleagle92481
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Brad's (Shanfran Collectibles) thread last night on the Haiti earthquake inspired me. I have decided to help those in Haiti by auctioning off a series of items on Ebay and donating 25% to the Red Cross who is one of the main groups providing relief there. I am going to start with four items with more to be added this weekend. A Manny Ramirez Mounted Memories autographed baseball, a Kevin Garnett UDA basketball, a Peyton Manning Mounted Memories minihelmet and a Farve packers mini with the Farve hologram. The starting bid on each is $9.99 with no reserve. My ID on there is autographmaven2009. I realize we are not supposed to promote our own auctions on here but I think this calls for an exception and I hope that the moderators agree as I am trying to 1. Get bids as high as possible so more can go to charity and 2. To inspire others to follow suit. I know I will lose money on the items I am auctioning as I paid alot for them when I got them but I have been fortunate in life and don't care about that I just want to help.

TriplexXxSports
01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Are you going to put the reason for the auction in the listing? I'm sure that would help bids if they knew the cause. I think eBay has a donation icon that you can use for your listings as well. I am not sure how that works but it is an option.

Very noble thing you are doing!

shafrancollectibles.com
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Fantastic - great gesture. I am listing a few items with charitable donations right now - Allstarsplus pointed out how easy it is (and he generously listed some great items).

johnsnhu
01-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Brad's (Shanfran Collectibles) thread last night on the Haiti earthquake inspired me. I have decided to help those in Haiti by auctioning off a series of items on Ebay and donating 25% to the Red Cross who is one of the main groups providing relief there. I am going to start with four items with more to be added this weekend. A Manny Ramirez Mounted Memories autographed baseball, a Kevin Garnett UDA basketball, a Peyton Manning Mounted Memories minihelmet and a Farve packers mini with the Farve hologram. The starting bid on each is $9.99 with no reserve. My ID on there is autographmaven2009. I realize we are not supposed to promote our own auctions on here but I think this calls for an exception and I hope that the moderators agree as I am trying to 1. Get bids as high as possible so more can go to charity and 2. To inspire others to follow suit. I know I will lose money on the items I am auctioning as I paid alot for them when I got them but I have been fortunate in life and don't care about that I just want to help.

That is really awesome of you to do that! I bid on the Favre!