PDA

View Full Version : O's Fan Fest

shoremen44
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone gone in the past... or going this year?

ironmanfan
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll be there; should be a good one!

geoff
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I will be there also like every Year.I think who ever goes should meet up at some point during The Day if possible.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

JasonBanz
01-14-2010, 08:01 PM
When is it? I went about 12 years ago and had a blast! They had a Q&A session with B.J. Surhoff and I was able to ask him a question! I was pretty excited!

Anyone go to the All-Star fan fest back in the day? I was about 8 years old when they had it. I remember being there and watching the home run derby! I still remember Griffey hitting the warehouse! Definitely an awesome experience also!

I know I'm a football guy, but the O's still hold a spot in my heart! :)

geoff
01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Its Saturday Jan 23rd.I remember going to All Star FanFest with my Dad when I was A Kid.

ironmanfan
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I should be by Ray Schulte's table the majority of the day if anyone wants to swing by to say hello

JasonBanz
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Rats! That's one of the Saturdays I work! Oh well! Maybe I'll go next year!

bigtime59
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll be at the Pro-Am table most of the day.

shoremen44
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I unfortunately cant make it, but for guys who have been there in the past is there alot of GU stuff there?

ironmanfan
01-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Bert:

Sorry you can't make it, but if it's anything like years past, there has been a decent amount of game used items made available (no Mora, Roberts, Jones, etc.)

RJB44
01-14-2010, 11:46 PM
How far back do they typically go with thier game used stuff. I have never been.

ironmanfan
01-14-2010, 11:52 PM
The majority of it is from the past 2-3 seasons....

markize
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Bill,

do they sell baseballs, and bases too? or just standard bats, jerseys, etc? Thanks for the info.

Mark

ironmanfan
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Bill,

do they sell baseballs, and bases too? or just standard bats, jerseys, etc? Thanks for the info.

Mark

not so much bases, but baseballs........yes....lots of game used jersey's, game used hats, game used bats..etc.

jwasserman
01-15-2010, 08:33 PM
anyone know where the game used is going to be this year. the new location has me all thrown off.

for the members going, i have an extra season ticket holder early entrance pass. i paid $15 but it's free for a board member. i'll be getting there early to get a good spot in line.
jamie

mr.miracle
01-15-2010, 08:37 PM
anyone know where the game used is going to be this year. the new location has me all thrown off.

for the members going, i have an extra season ticket holder early entrance pass. i paid $15 but it's free for a board member. i'll be getting there early to get a good spot in line.
jamie

Hello Jamie:

Shoot me an email, I am looking to go and get in early if you still have the ticket, please let me know as I have never been there before.

Thanks,

Brett

NYCrulesU
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I know they probably won't have any Palmeiro game used stuff (2005) but if anyone that goes sees anything please email me if you can. I will be checking my emails all day that day.

shoremen44
01-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Palmiero for you... batting helmets for me... come on folks buy it up for us...lol

Mets05
01-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Looking for Justin Turner items...He didn't make his debut until Sept 8th so I am sure there will be limited items, if anything at all...Looking for a jersey or bat...Thanks

Mets05

email is:

isimovich@gmail.com

ironmanfan
01-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Looking for Justin Turner items...He didn't make his debut until Sept 8th so I am sure there will be limited items, if anything at all...Looking for a jersey or bat...Thanks

Mets05

email is:

isimovich@gmail.com

I'll take a look, but they generally dont sell items from the immediate previous year or from players ont he current roster

Mets05
01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Great, thanks for looking...really appreciate the help...Mets05

geoff
01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi if anyone wants to meet up with me And say Hi at FanFest.I will have A Red QuikSilver BackPack on.And I wear Glasses if that might make it easier to find me A little Bit.I also will have on A Fitted Orioles Hat.And most Likely A Columbia Grey Jacket.

Hope to see A few there that I never have Talked with Yet And Forum Members that I have.

Thanks
Geoff

jwasserman
01-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I made out great at Fanfest this year! Came home with:

3 Markakis hats (2 home, 1 away)

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

2 Markakis batting gloves (different styles)

1 Brian Roberts batting glove

and my favorite pick-up- a pounded Nick Markakis batting helmet! Spent less than $300.

They were much better stocked with stars this year though bats were pretty much non-existent.

There were 3 Wieters jerseys, as well as Arrieta, Matusz, and Reimold. There was at least another Markakis batting glove and a really nice selection of Adam Jones bats and jerseys.

I'll be posting more scans later. It was also cool to get to see forum member Geoff who made off pretty well himself.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6224.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6226.jpg

spartakid
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Doesn't Nick Markakis bat left handed? The helmet is a righty.

kylehess10
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

and my favorite pick-up- a pounded Nick Markakis batting helmet! Spent less than $300.

They were much better stocked with stars this year though bats were pretty much non-existent.

There were 3 Wieters jerseys, as well as Arrieta, Matusz, and Reimold. There was at least another Markakis batting glove and a really nice selection of Adam Jones bats and jerseys.

I'll be posting more scans later. It was also cool to get to see forum member Geoff who made off pretty well himself.

You better check with Keith Allison on Flickr to photomatch that stuff! Have you heard of him?

Manram
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Doesn't Nick Markakis bat left handed? The helmet is a righty.

Also the helmet is the old style batting helmet. Most players either use the venelated helmets from 2008 or 2009. Some may use 2007 style. I don't know what year exactly this helmet is from but probably 2004.

NYCrulesU
01-23-2010, 12:44 PM

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

That's definitely not a Markakis batting helmet.

jwasserman
01-23-2010, 03:20 PM
well, that sucks. might be a sosa. going back to 2003, he's the only roster player i could find that wore 21

i found a game used hat for him in leland's that was from 2002 and size 7 1/8 so it definitely could be a fit for what i thought was a ginormous head

here's the rest of the goods

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6207.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6205.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6213.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6214.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6215.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6216.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6218.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6217.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6221.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6222.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/orioles%20fanfest/IMG_6223.jpg

That's definitely not a Markakis batting helmet.

spartakid
01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I just checked getty pics of Sosa, and it appears they didn't put numbers on the bill then. Maybe an O's expert can shed some light on when the numbers were put on.

jwasserman
01-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't know why I didn't check this first. The logo was used from 89-97. In that period, the only non-pitcher who wore 21 was David Segui.

A gentleman at the show found a #8 helmet in the bin. I was thinking there was no way they had helmets going back that far but I guess the O's are clearing out there closets.

I really wish I could look through those helmets again now!

mr.miracle
01-23-2010, 04:59 PM
To add to what Jamie said, from what I understand, there was a dead sprint for the game used room as soon as you got in the door. Anybody in there grabbed anything good in sight within five minutes and that was all she wrote. On another front however they had a Nick Markakis game used road jersey signed by Markakis with a team letter in the silent auction and it sold for $600.00 I left before the auction ended or I would have grabbed that in a second. Cannot believe that the jersey sold for that as we had it pegged at over $2k easy.

Auto lines were off the chart, but great turnout as would be expected.

allstarsplus
01-23-2010, 05:10 PM
To add to what Jamie said, from what I understand, there was a dead sprint for the game used room as soon as you got in the door. Anybody in there grabbed anything good in sight within five minutes and that was all she wrote. On another front however they had a Nick Markakis game used road jersey signed by Markakis with a team letter in the silent auction and it sold for $600.00 I left before the auction ended or I would have grabbed that in a second. Cannot believe that the jersey sold for that as we had it pegged at over $2k easy.

Somebody got a great deal!!!!!

mr.miracle
01-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Somebody got a great deal!!!!!

It is unbelievable!!!, I left like 45 minutes before the silent auction ended and it was at $600 then. We were sure people would line up out the door like 20 minutes or so before the end and bid it up. Serves me right to think that way. Watch, next year I try to do the same thing and the same scenario I wait it out and the jersey would go for $2k :rolleyes:

allstarsplus
01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
It is unbelievable!!!, I left like 45 minutes before the silent auction ended and it was at $600 then. We were sure people would line up out the door like 20 minutes or so before the end and bid it up. Serves me right to think that way. Watch, next year I try to do the same thing and the same scenario I wait it out and the jersey would go for $2k :rolleyes:

Did Wieters sign autographs? Was anyone charging for sigs?

mr.miracle
01-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Did Wieters sign autographs? Was anyone charging for sigs?

Nobody was charging, Wieters signed, Markakis, Roberts, not sure I think Jones might have. Lines were limited to 250 people and then cut off. I heard people complaining that no matter which line they tried to get in they were all cut off. I did not wait for any auto's. A couple of guys in the door first got a Wieters game worn jersey, a Matusz, Tillman, I did not see any Jones although I saw that Wasserman said there were some. Everything was picked through by the time I got up to that area some 30 minutes into the event.

bigtime59
01-23-2010, 08:44 PM

I'm im the building since 8:15 getting set up with Pro-Am RIGHT NEXT TO THE GAME USED SALE ROOM getting ready to get in line at 10:00 when at 9:40 half a dozen guys go sprinting into the room because they opened the f---ing doors early! Bye bye Wieters, Matusz, Reimold, Bergesen...

geoff
01-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Orioles FanFest was Fun on Saturday.I got to Hang out with some Forum Members And get some Good Stuff.Thanks to Jamie for letting me Stand up Front in Line with him And Getting A few Things For Me.They let everyone in Early which I was not expecting at all but after Standing outside for almost 2 Hours in The Cold it was Nice.Now on to what I got.

1 Matt Wieters Game Used 2009 Rookie Orioles Road Jersey.
1 Jake Arrieta Home Game Used Jersey.Had to be A Spring Jersey.
1 Jake Arrieta BP Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Chris Tillman BP Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Chris Tillman Home White Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Melvin Mora Home White 2007 MLB Authenticated Game Used Jersey.
1 Ryan Freel Game Used 2009 BP Jersey.
1 Garrett Olson Issued Orioles BP Jersey.
2 Adam Jones Game Used Hats.
2 Brian Roberts MLB Authenticated Issued Max Bats.Signed
1 Ryan Freel Game Used 2009 Helmet.
1 Ramon Hernandez 2008 Game Used Helmet.

If anyone knows who Bought A Matusz-Reimold or Jones Orioles Game Used Jerseys I would be interested in A Trade.I saw A Matusz but I did not See A Reimold or Jones.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Always interested in Orioles Items.

Manram
01-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Orioles FanFest was Fun on Saturday.I got to Hang out with some Forum Members And get some Good Stuff.Thanks to Jamie for letting me Stand up Front in Line with him And Getting A few Things For Me.They let everyone in Early which I was not expecting at all but after Standing outside for almost 2 Hours in The Cold it was Nice.Now on to what I got.

1 Matt Wieters Game Used 2009 Rookie Orioles Road Jersey.
1 Jake Arrieta Home Game Used Jersey.Had to be A Spring Jersey.
1 Jake Arrieta BP Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Chris Tillman BP Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Chris Tillman Home White Game Used Jersey.2009
1 Melvin Mora Home White 2007 MLB Authenticated Game Used Jersey.
1 Ryan Freel Game Used 2009 BP Jersey.
1 Garrett Olson Issued Orioles BP Jersey.
2 Adam Jones Game Used Hats.
2 Brian Roberts MLB Authenticated Issued Max Bats.Signed
1 Ryan Freel Game Used 2009 Helmet.
1 Ramon Hernandez 2008 Game Used Helmet.

If anyone knows who Bought A Matusz-Reimold or Jones Orioles Game Used Jerseys I would be interested in A Trade.I saw A Matusz but I did not See A Reimold or Jones.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Always interested in Orioles Items.

So that is who got the wieters jersey

geoff
01-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I also got A Jamie Walker 2009 Game Used BP Jersey.I was also on The Local News as well being Interviewed in The Sale Area.Forgot to add that.

jwasserman
01-24-2010, 09:13 AM
There were 2 other Wieters jerseys. I think the same got who got the Ripken helmet also got those. He was also the one who picked up the Matusz jersey.

Geoff,
Fred got the Jones Road jersey and a pair of Neimold pants. I didn't see the Neimold jersey.

So that is who got the wieters jersey

bigtime59
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM
There were 2 other Wieters jerseys. I think the same got who got the Ripken helmet also got those. He was also the one who picked up the Matusz jersey.

Geoff,
Fred got the Jones Road jersey and a pair of Neimold pants. I didn't see the Neimold jersey.

More like he's the guy who pulled the Matusz out of my hands...not a pleasant morning for me.

Chris78
01-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Those batting helmets were from 1995. I saw something hanging that mentioned it.

I got there late this year. By the time I found a parking spot (on the other side of the Ravens stadium), I probably did not get up there until close to noon. I did pick up some of the batting practice jerseys such as Eaton, Zaun, Ray, at $50 and then picked up some more when they dropped down to $30, but no big names for me. It seemed like this must have been better this year with bigger names, but they did not have as many jerseys in general this year and I bought no home or road jerseys at the $100 price.

I did get Markakis on a OML ball. Also, I did get Ron Hansen to inscribe 1960 AL ROY on a ball, but for me the autograph situation was a disappointment as you did not know where to stand and the lines were too long and took forever.

Chris

CUTiger
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Were there any Jason Berken items for sale? If anyone picked up a jersey I would be interested in purchasing it.

jklogue11@comcast.net

jwasserman
01-24-2010, 10:22 AM
sorry to hear that mark. he apparently also had a scuffle with a guy over the ripken helmet.

More like he's the guy who pulled the Matusz out of my hands...not a pleasant morning for me.

geoff
01-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know who that Guy is.Is He A Forum Member because I remember him from this past Year at A Silent Auction The O's were having And I was Bidding against him for A Jones Game Used Signed BP Jersey.I did almost have A Matusz Myself but I picked up A Tillman And The Matusz was in The Next Pile over from me.I know his Name but is he A Dealer or does He do EBay because I am sure He has Tons of Stuff unless He Sells it all.I still had Fun And did pretty Good This Year I think.Jamie I will email about The Jones they had at FanFest.Thanks for letting me know that.

geoff
01-24-2010, 11:49 AM
I did not see any Berken Jerseys but who knows they could have had one.

BergerKing22784
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
My thoughts on fanfest.

I went to fanfest last year but I went just as someone who was going with friends and did not really take it in like a collector. This was my first fanfest that I did it like a collector in 8 or 9 years.

Autograph policy....

Previous years they would have player times posted and which stations they were going to be at and when. Well as you can figure people want the stars so lets say Adam Jones was going to be at a line at 3pm. In previous years people who really wanted him would line up many hours early outside the autograph station causing a big cluster of people to be there. So the casual non true collector fan most likely wouldnt get them as they didnt know how this game really works that the early bird gets the worm.

This year the O's thought they solved the issue. What did they do? They didnt tell you who was going to be at at stations until 1 hour before they signed. Well there were so many people there you just had to get in a random line that you didnt know who was going to be at your table until 1 hour before hand but if you didnt do this you wernt going to get the random player. The O's workers were so surprized that people were just making their own lines for autographs for players they did not know who would be at the table but this is what you had to do to get autographs.

Basically if the signing was at 1pm you would start making an unoffical line at 11am at 12pm they would announce the players you basically had to hope it was someone u wanted or you just wasted an hour of your life standing in a line for nothing. at 12 they would let you in the offical line for the 1pm signing. You basically had to do this all day.

I luckily figured this out early on and got almost everything I wanted signed so I am happy with my results but there were still lots of non collector casual fans moaning and groaning because they would not be getting the superstars autographs as they did not join these unofficials lines and wondered why the Matt Wieters line was full 4 seconds after it was announced he would be in that line.

Game used section:

I love the fact the Os have a game used section. I did not purchase anything from it because I do have issue with it. I think other than the most high dollar items of the superstars they dont really know if the items they are advertising really are game used or not. The O's have stacks and stacks of "game used jerseys" of players who hardly played any games with the team or even were on the 25 man roster for more than a week or two, yet they have dozens of their "game used jerseys"? I find it hard to believe the non superstars wore a new jersey for every game they sat the bench while on the team. Looking at the jerseys I saw many that did not show any use whatsoever. The O's dont use strip tags on their items. For that reason I shy away from them because I just dont truly feel they are game used.

allstarsplus
01-24-2010, 02:59 PM

I am trying to keep score here so let's see how close I am.

They had 1 Markakis which was on the silent auction and went for only $600

They had 3 Wieters in the game used room.
They had 1 Matusz in the game used room.

Any Adam Jones or Brian Roberts jerseys?

So what did the Wieters and Matusz jerseys sell for?

mr.miracle
01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Andrew as far as I can tell you are correct on all fronts in terms of number and names. I did not see any Jones or Roberts Jerseys. The jerseys mentioned went for $100.00 each.

I know people are offering ten times that amount or more in some cases for the Wieters. So, to sum it up, there is no reason to wonder why people are literally beating each other up to get to the game used room as soon as the doors open. If you are lucky enough to grab a couple of the few prime players or prospects jersey's that are there, you can turn them if you so desire for five to ten times what you paid. All going to those who show up the earliest and getting into the room first.

I honestly wonder why in some ways players like a Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Reimold, Roberts and prospects like Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, Patton, and the like are not kept on a seperate table or something and given tiered pricing levels. I am willing to bet that if they started the Wieters and any Markakis, Jones, etc off at like $750.00 people would have still bought them. Top prospects they could have charged like $300 or $250 or whatever and the same thing would have happened. While it would still seem like a chaotic approach, I bet that would cut down slightly on people charging the room all in the hope of scoring one or two top players to flip on ebay.

I know several forum members who as previously mentioned are die hard Orioles collectors that have no plans to flip these items. However, dealers and the like can have a field day all for showing up at the crack of dawn and standing outside the earliest.

geoff
01-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I was Standing there Watching The Markakis in The Jersey Auction.I was there til The End.I knew I should have Bought The Markakis but did not have The Funds from what I bought earlier.I would have givin up on alot of what I bought to get that Markakis in The Auction if I only knew.I was saying it was going to go really High.I was so Surprised it did not go High.I might be Kicking mySelf for A While on this One as I could have had it.But oh Well I got other Good Stuff And am Happy with What I got at FanFest.

allstarsplus
01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Andrew as far as I can tell you are correct on all fronts in terms of number and names. I did not see any Jones or Roberts Jerseys. The jerseys mentioned went for $100.00 each.

I know people are offering ten times that amount or more in some cases for the Wieters. So, to sum it up, there is no reason to wonder why people are literally beating each other up to get to the game used room as soon as the doors open. If you are lucky enough to grab a couple of the few prime players or prospects jersey's that are there, you can turn them if you so desire for five to ten times what you paid. All going to those who show up the earliest and getting into the room first.

I honestly wonder why in some ways players like a Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Reimold, Roberts and prospects like Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, Patton, and the like are not kept on a seperate table or something and given tiered pricing levels. I am willing to bet that if they started the Wieters and any Markakis, Jones, etc off at like $750.00 people would have still bought them. Top prospects they could have charged like $300 or $250 or whatever and the same thing would have happened. While it would still seem like a chaotic approach, I bet that would cut down slightly on people charging the room all in the hope of scoring one or two top players to flip on ebay.

I know several forum members who as previously mentioned are die hard Orioles collectors that have no plans to flip these items. However, dealers and the like can have a field day all for showing up at the crack of dawn and standing outside the earliest.

Brett, no doubt on your assessment on the pricing as you would think Wieters could be a $1,500 jersey and for the right price a lot more than that. Wieters potential is huge with upside.

The Nats last year did it fair in my opinion. They sold no name jerseys for under $200 and any of the starters were put in hourly silent auctions and drew big crowds.

mr.miracle
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Brett, no doubt on your assessment on the pricing as you would think Wieters could be a $1,500 jersey and for the right price a lot more than that. Wieters potential is huge with upside.

The Nats last year did it fair in my opinion. They sold no name jerseys for under $200 and any of the starters were put in hourly silent auctions and drew big crowds.

Andrew:

That does make the most sense. Once you got beyond those few name jersey's on the tables, there was just nothing. I would think that plan would make the most sense as overall, the items in the silent auction were fairly poor. In fact, of the say 15 - 20 total items, most were signed game issued bats of players like Jones, Roberta, signed team balls, signed balls of individual players etc. They could and should have pulled items like the Wieters jersey's, the top prospects like Matusz, Tillman, Arriata, Patton etc. and put them in the silent auction. That way, every person gets a chance to either bid or pass and the remaining jersey's bats, etc. end up going for the same price with no pushing/shoving etc. You would need to let everyone know in advance what you are doing of course to cut down on people trying to break Usain Bolt's 100 meter dash world record getting inside the door to the Game Used Room.

Someone said they had a Ripken batting helmet, that should certainly have been a silent auction item, how the heck does a #8 helmet make it into the large helmet bin??? Its not like the questionable Markakis batting helmet with the 21 on it where you dont know what year it was from and who might have worn or used it. Rip has worn that number since 81 until its retirement in 01, so it obviously had to be his helmet.

Anyway, so many ways this could have been done but sounds like the Nats have it pretty much right on.

allstarsplus
01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Andrew:

That does make the most sense. Once you got beyond those few name jersey's on the tables, there was just nothing. I would think that plan would make the most sense as overall, the items in the silent auction were fairly poor. In fact, of the say 15 - 20 total items, most were signed game issued bats of players like Jones, Roberta, signed team balls, signed balls of individual players etc. They could and should have pulled items like the Wieters jersey's, the top prospects like Matusz, Tillman, Arriata, Patton etc. and put them in the silent auction. That way, every person gets a chance to either bid or pass and the remaining jersey's bats, etc. end up going for the same price with no pushing/shoving etc. You would need to let everyone know in advance what you are doing of course to cut down on people trying to break Usain Bolt's 100 meter dash world record getting inside the door to the Game Used Room.

Someone said they had a Ripken batting helmet, that should certainly have been a silent auction item, how the heck does a #8 helmet make it into the large helmet bin??? Its not like the questionable Markakis batting helmet with the 21 on it where you dont know what year it was from and who might have worn or used it. Rip has worn that number since 81 until its retirement in 01, so it obviously had to be his helmet.

Anyway, so many ways this could have been done but sounds like the Nats have it pretty much right on.

No way that is Ripken's helmet and ended up in there. Has to be an explanation like a number peeling off.

If it is, it is the steal of the new decade!

Manram
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
No way that is Ripken's helmet and ended up in there. Has to be an explanation like a number peeling off.

If it is, it is the steal of the new decade!

I have to agree. You would have to think the Orioles would have noticed that

mr.miracle
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I have to agree. You would have to think the Orioles would have noticed that

Lets just remember, this is the Orioles, the people working the tables at the event were not exactly Einsteins. With this team, nothing ever surprises me.

Manram
01-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Lets just remember, this is the Orioles, the people working the tables at the event were not exactly Einsteins. With this team, nothing ever surprises me.

This is true, but you just wonder how they would not catch something like that :rolleyes:

orioles03
01-24-2010, 11:21 PM
http://wjz.com/services/popoff.aspx?categoryId=26&videoId=66246@wjz.dayport.com&videoPlayStatus=true&videoStoryIds=&videoTime=3.583&stationName=WJZ&

video from news has helmet included looks good to me

spartakid
01-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Is that the same Geoff Stuart as is on the forum? Although they spelled his name Jeff Stewart.

mr.miracle
01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
This is true, but you just wonder how they would not catch something like that :rolleyes:

I overheard a cashier at the register in the game used room saying that when they were putting out all the items on Friday, the employees were trying to get permission to purchase items like the Weiters, Matusz and who knows what other players. I guess they were told they could not do this. Somebody knew what they had there. I too would find it very difficult to believe that had they been cleaning out the closets and storage rooms and found a batting helmet with a # 8 on it that somebody would have have recognized what they had.

You would think that anything that was Ripken related would have been stored in a secure place tagged and cataloged and when the time was right, the team would have pulled it out and sold it accordingly. Then again, this kind of takes me back to Jeremy Fefel the guy that was a team employee that was stealing stuff out of the Warehouse storage rooms and selling it online. From everything I have heard, there was no specific area in which Ripkens remaining memorabilia was stored or in any way cataloged. The dumb thing was trying to put it up on ebay a couple of years back and thinking nobody would notice.

Somebody else posted about being concerned about the items all being gamed used. I feel the same way, there were in some cases multiple,multiple duplicates of players that might have only been at spring training or up at the end of the season that might have literally had 20 at bats. There is no way that this person used 10 bp jersey's. I have my own level of concerns in how the Orioles catalog this stuff as game used. Do they just grab everything off the rack left in the locker room at the end of the season and just throw it into a bin and label it game used?

Just not sure what in their mind qualifies as game used.

mr.miracle
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
http://wjz.com/services/popoff.aspx?categoryId=26&videoId=66246@wjz.dayport.com&videoPlayStatus=true&videoStoryIds=&videoTime=3.583&stationName=WJZ&

video from news has helmet included looks good to me

That is in fact Cal's correct helmet size 7 3/8. I too think it looked good from the brief images, good catch.

Manram
01-24-2010, 11:50 PM
That is in fact Cal's correct helmet size 7 3/8. I too think it looked good from the brief images, good catch.

I watched the video as well. If it is that, guy got an amazing item and an amazing price

geoff
01-25-2010, 03:24 AM
That was me Yes on The News And they did Spell my Whole Name Wrong.And I did not Buy 10 of The $100.00 Dollar Jerseys like He said I did.

spartakid
01-25-2010, 08:59 AM
That was me Yes on The News And they did Spell my Whole Name Wrong.And I did not Buy 10 of The $100.00 Dollar Jerseys like He said I did.
Well that was your big break, you're practically famous now ;)

geoff
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah I guess that was my 15 Minutes of Fame LOL.I got Surprised when The Camera was right in my Face And was not expecting that at all.

geoff
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Just to let everyone know that has been emailing me about The Matt Wieters Game Used Jersey.I have Sold it And it is getting A very good Home.

Thanks
Geoff

geoff
01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Also I am looking for Orioles Jerseys that were at FanFest of Adam Jones-Brian Matusz-Nolan Reimold-Jamie Walker-George Sherrill-And if anyone saw any Kevin Millar Game Used Jerseys And Chris Tillman-Brad Bergesen.

Any Help on these would be Great if Possible.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

8ripken2131
01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
I was Standing there Watching The Markakis in The Jersey Auction.I was there til The End.I knew I should have Bought The Markakis but did not have The Funds from what I bought earlier.I would have givin up on alot of what I bought to get that Markakis in The Auction if I only knew.I was saying it was going to go really High.I was so Surprised it did not go High.I might be Kicking mySelf for A While on this One as I could have had it.But oh Well I got other Good Stuff And am Happy with What I got at FanFest.

I was lucky enough to win the Markakis jersey. Just thought I'd share a few pics:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/4316531974_984c7cd04c_b.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/4315799193_1eba73d161_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4316541420_8c1ffbc7c2_b.jpg

mr.miracle
01-30-2010, 12:23 PM
[quote=8ripken2131;184204]I was lucky enough to win the Markakis jersey. Just thought I'd share a few pics:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/4316531974_984c7cd04c_b.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/4315799193_1eba73d161_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4316541420_8c1ffbc7c2_b.jpg

Great pickup, there are a number of forum members kicking themselves for missing this jersey. If you ever decide to sell, please let me know as I would make a very, very nice offer.

Thanks,

spartakid
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice Markakis jersey, has some good loose threads.

beantown
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
I was lucky enough to win the Markakis jersey. Just thought I'd share a few pics:

Nice Markakis jersey...what size and year is it from? Do the O's not use year tags? If not, do they mark them on the inside somehow?

jwasserman
01-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I picked up road pants and hat that go with it if you want to work something out

geoff
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I would also be interested in The Jersey as well. And I would make you A very Nice Offer as well but I would rather Trade .And would have lots of Game Used Items you would be very happy with to let The Jersey go if you are interested.Let me know.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

BergerKing22784
01-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah the Orioles dont do anything for their jerseys no set tags, years nothing. I have stated my displeasure before on this and the fact they have 50 "game used" jerseys of guys who were only on the roster for a handful of games always makes me think twice about buying them.

bigtime59
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM
I may regret saying this off the top of my head, but the jersey is PROBABLY a 2007. What size is it?

pietraynor
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Did anyone pickup any Jay Payton O's items..if so & you want to sell, please let me know..have a good collection going..Jay

8ripken2131
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the jersey. I'm not planning on selling it right now, but I'll definitely keep you in mind if I reconsider. And it's a size 50.