PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin Friend or Foe ?

tjm5711
01-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I am not a big College football guy, but living close to Gainsville, FL can't help knowing all about the Gators. And after Lane Kiffin's brief but controversial stay in the SEC, I can't help but notice him. All, I know is he left Oakland on bad terms(probably more Al Davis than him),And now he shafted Tennessee.

What does everybody think about Lane Kiffin? I personally think he's a man who lacks class,and has no loyalty. And how did he turn a 7-6 Season at Tennessee into one of the best gigs in College football? I know you get his dad Monte(a defensive whiz) and some great recruiters. But ,Come on?

Dewey2007
01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I am not a big College football guy, but living close to Gainsville, FL can't help knowing all about the Gators. And after Lane Kiffin's brief but controversial stay in the SEC, I can't help but notice him. All, I know is he left Oakland on bad terms(probably more Al Davis than him),And now he shafted Tennessee.

What does everybody think about Lane Kiffin? I personally think he's a man who lacks class,and has no loyalty. And how did he turn a 7-6 Season at Tennessee into one of the best gigs in College football? I know you get his dad Monte(a defensive whiz) and some great recruiters. But ,Come on?

I think Kiffin's personality rubs some people the wrong way but I don't think he's a bad guy. I believe him when he said this was the only job he would have left Tennessee for. It was a no brainer for him. It's hard to pass up the USC job especially when he worked there for 6 years under Carroll. Now I don't think Kiffin gets the job if Sarkisian was still there but I'm sure the AD wanted someone who was familiar with SC and how things run there.

I think he's a good recruiter and can evaluate talent pretty well. Remember he was against drafting JaMarcus Russell :)

gatorcollector
01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Lame Kitten is a punk, a liar, and a cheater. USC will get exactly what they deserve.

His wife, on the other hand, is smokin' hot. Of course, she's a Gator. Layla Reaves, daughter of former UF QB John Reaves.

tjm5711
01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Lame Kitten is a punk, a liar, and a cheater. USC will get exactly what they deserve.

His wife, on the other hand, is smokin' hot. Of course, she's a Gator. Layla Reaves, daughter of former UF QB John Reaves.

I agree with you my man! LOL Great word choice ! I'm a casual Gator Fan, living here. My School(UNLV) has always sucked at Football ! Thanks for that great post ! GO GATORS !!!!!!!

legaleagle92481
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Most overrated coach out there. He seems to fall up the ladder it is amazing. From what I have seen he just has a huge mouth, does not get along with anyone and his teams are terriable.

GoTigers
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
USC is (finally) about to get slammed over the whole Reggie Bush/ OJ Mayo thing. I think the NCAA just got around to interviewing Bush last week. Kiffen is just the village idiot they hired to see them through the probation. Once the come out of the sanctions they'll get a real coach.

tjm5711
01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
USC is (finally) about to get slammed over the whole Reggie Bush/ OJ Mayo thing. I think the NCAA just got around to interviewing Bush last week. Kiffen is just the village idiot they hired to see them through the probation. Once the come out of the sanctions they'll get a real coach.

That's an interesting viewpoint. I was wondering what happened with that whole Bush thing ? I knew the allegations were too serious to sweep under the rug.

shoremen44
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't know Kiffen from Adam... but if I look at it in terms of what would I do... I think Kiffen is a genius...

He has been an NFL head coach, a head coach in the SEC, and now head coach at one of the top 5 all-time college football schools

the guy might be a jerk, but wow... I'm impressed... I mean come on... he's only friken 34!!!!

GoTigers
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Bert, I would agree, but you're overlooking one major aspect of his "promotions". His daddy is Monte Kiffen.. The guy who invented the Tampa 2 defense, and widely considered one of the greatest football minds. And, guess who happens to be part of the coaching package wherever Lane goes? Lane is a moron, his dad is the genious, but too old to be the face of a college program.

tjm5711
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Bert, I would agree, but you're overlooking one major aspect of his "promotions". His daddy is Monte Kiffen.. The guy who invented the Tampa 2 defense, and widely considered one of the greatest football minds. And, guess who happens to be part of the coaching package wherever Lane goes? Lane is a moron, his dad is the genious, but too old to be the face of a college program.

i think Monte Kiffin has ALOT to do with it ! The man is one of the most respected Defensive minds in the NFL and NCAA.

ziggy
01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
records: 5 wins 15 losses @ Oakland
7 wins 6 losses @ Tennessee

What has this guy done? Maybe Al Davis was right about this guy. This is the best thing for Tennessee getting rid of this punk.

suicide_squeeze
01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree with you my man! LOL Great word choice ! I'm a casual Gator Fan, living here. My School(UNLV) has always sucked at Football ! Thanks for that great post ! GO GATORS !!!!!!!

It's kinda hard to argue that UNLV has never been a power house in football, but that's my alma mater too. And I attended in the early 80's when we had Randall Cunningham at quarterback.

Those were sweet days at the Silver Bowl.....

How many of you can say you say a guy who punted the ball 95 yards in a game?

Randall did.....he was an amazing athlete. His intramural basketball team, made up of him, his running backs and wide receivers handed us our behinds in our intramural league.

I'll never forget the score......144-42. I was our center. I had to guard him.

He dunked on me once......

.......from the free throw line!! :o No joke.

suicide_squeeze
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
......and I don't know enough about Kiffen to give a proper response :(

But I live in Los Angeles, and I will tell you that I am a Bruin's fan.....The University of Spoiled Children don't rank on my top 10 favorite teams.

JasonBanz
01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Here's my two cents! What has sports become anymore? A business! It doesn't matter what sport, including college! If any of us were given the opportunity to take a better job I'm sure we all would! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy SEC football. It's gotta be the best conference in the NCAA for football. I've been rooting for the Gators for about 4 years now because I realized I needed to root for an SEC team since it outshines the ACC in football and was way more exciting. Anyway, I started to get off subject. Lane Kiffin did what he thought was best in his intrest. Does it seem selfish, maybe. I know I'd be selfish if an opportunity arose! Tennessee's football program has not been sectacular over the past few years, and USC has a great team. Lane Kiffin knows Pete Carroll's way of coaching since he was under it for a few years. He knew USC was a much better opportunity. Not to mention the scenery is a little better down there! :D

Nathan
01-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Take a look at these two albums, the contents of which are in my closet.

Then ask me my thoughts.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/564123339zrnAti
http://sports.webshots.com/album/564124325IuqBFP

tjm5711
01-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Take a look at these two albums, the contents of which are in my closet.

Then ask me my thoughts.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/564123339zrnAti
http://sports.webshots.com/album/564124325IuqBFP

I'm guessing you're a VOLS fan ? I feel for you man !

ziggy
01-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I would be happy if I was a Vols fan. You got rid of him. He was never a good fit. The AD should be fired for hiring him.