PDA

View Full Version : Unsure how to answer this question re: NFL jersey

jbcindc
01-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I've listed a few jerseys on E-bay and received the following request. With what appear to be a lot of questionable jerseys for sale, I'm suspicious of any request from someone who wants to make a pattern of the jersey's numbers to "restore" or make replicas. Any of you had similar requests and if so, how did you reply? I've redacted the team name, but I figure the easiest way to see the numbers would be for the guy to buy the jersey. Am I being paranoid?

The request:

Hello,
I have what may sound like an unusual request, but I was hoping you can help me out. I restore/collect <Team Name> jerseys (all teams actually) and I'm working on making the patterns for the <Team Name> jersey numbers. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to email me the high resolution photos you used of the jersey, or even send me new pictures/scans focused on the numbers that I can make a pattern from? I would make them from the replicas, but as I'm sure you know, they don't actually match the game numbers exactly. Thank you so much for your time!

tjm5711
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I've listed a few jerseys on E-bay and received the following request. With what appear to be a lot of questionable jerseys for sale, I'm suspicious of any request from someone who wants to make a pattern of the jersey's numbers to "restore" or make replicas. Any of you had similar requests and if so, how did you reply? I've redacted the team name, but I figure the easiest way to see the numbers would be for the guy to buy the jersey. Am I being paranoid?

The request:

Hello,
I have what may sound like an unusual request, but I was hoping you can help me out. I restore/collect <Team Name> jerseys (all teams actually) and I'm working on making the patterns for the <Team Name> jersey numbers. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to email me the high resolution photos you used of the jersey, or even send me new pictures/scans focused on the numbers that I can make a pattern from? I would make them from the replicas, but as I'm sure you know, they don't actually match the game numbers exactly. Thank you so much for your time!

No, I don't think you're being paranoid. My question is, why would somebody want to restore a jersey ? Gamers are often sought after with extra use on them. What year are the jerseys you have listed from ?

jbcindc
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
The jersey in question is from 2003. I agree; who restores jerseys?

tjm5711
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
The jersey in question is from 2003. I agree; who restores jerseys?

Yeah man, who restores jerseys from 2003? That sounds like complete BUNK ! Don't give them any pictures. This is a guy who is probably planning on ripping Collectors like us off. You are far from Paranoid my friend. That was a very good post, and thank you for it !

jbcindc
01-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you. I don't intend to reply at all. It just doesn't sound right.