PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark Blueprint

Copa
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing an old blueprint from a professional baseball stadium...this thing looks SWEET! I have no idea if the price asked is fair or not...I'm sure there aren't many collectors on here that have such an item, but I'm trying to get a ballpark (pun intended!) estimate on what this might be worth. Thanks for any help!

suave1477
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Well as you mentioned your sure there aren't many collectors with these. First I would like to ask are you sure this isn't a fake / reproduction blue print? As you can see there are many of these on ebay if you check for Yankee Stadium there are a ton that look old / have the vintage look but are actual reprints and usually sell for a couple of bucks.

So I just want to make sure you do not get burned.

platinum1
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Wasn't there an old thread on the same subject before.
I think it would be easy to make reproductions.

Copa
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Everything I've seen points to it being authentic...paper is worn and yellowed...it looks like it's been folded up for quite a while...here's a couple of pics (sorry for the poor quality)

Copa
01-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Based on the pics I've posted, any opinions on the authenticity of this item? With the poor quality of the pictures, it may be tough to determine, but I'm hoping someone that knows more about blueprints than I can help me out! The piece is being offered for $250...does that seem like a fair price if this is an original?

suave1477
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
For what ball park is it for?

Say if it was Yankee Stadium it would be well worth it. If it was for my local High School baseball field it might be worth 5 bucks to me.

I would think it would boil down to what team / stadium it is for.

Copa
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
It's for Briggs Stadium...the only downside (at least for me as a Tigers fan) is that the drawing has both the baseball and the football fields laid out on it