PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves game jerseys

mbenga28
01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
I see some Timberwolves game worn jerseys on Ebay and wanted to know if the letter signed by equipment manager Clayton Wilson are legit documentations to verify its provenance. thanks.

legaleagle92481
01-13-2010, 10:02 AM
I see some Timberwolves game worn jerseys on Ebay and wanted to know if the letter signed by equipment manager Clayton Wilson are legit documentations to verify its provenance. thanks.

I have been tempted by those also especially the Garnetts but I have not bought because assuming the letter is real what stops someone from switching the jersey that accompanied it with a fake jersey? And at those prices it would seem to be very tempting to a scammer. MEIGRAy, Nfl auctions and Jo are so successful because they don't just send you an LOA they also mark the jersey so that it cannot be switched and is easily identifiable as coming from them. These jerseys are not so marked.

sox83cubs84
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I have no concerns about them as long as two other things are there: the printed year/set tag next to the Reebok/Adidas tag, and the velcro on the tail. I know Mitch does not have a positive image among many colectors, but his connection to the T-Wolves are legit.

Dave M.
Chicago area

mbenga28
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
thanks, yes there's a couple of Garnetts I was also thinking about but the lower selling price for a player of his status made me hesistant.

how did the Timberwolves sell off their game used anyway, through auctions, public sales?

big10champ
01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Almost all legit Timberwolves jerseys should have a team letter signed by the Equipment Manger Clayton Wilson. The team has sold their jerseys in bulk to M.S. Auctions out of Wisconsin since at least 1999. They are also on ebay. I have posted a picture of an add that I saved from a Dec. 17th, 1999 Sports Collectors Digest that I purchased my first Wolves jersey from M.S. Auctions. I have always had great transactions with them. I have also posted a photo of what a proper Wolves game worn tag should look like. If the tag is missing the black sharpie writing, I stay away. If the white tag with the 05-06 (any year) and set number on the lower left is blank, the jersey is an extra and was never worn. I have seen several without the black sharpie and several without the year set tag sold as gamers on ebay and have never believed them to be legit. I have owned around ten Timberwolves gamers and all have been tagged the way I posted the photo. I am aware that Meigray did sell the T-Wolves jersey from their Europe trip last season. Hope that this info helpful.

legaleagle92481
01-14-2010, 12:07 AM
I have no concerns about them as long as two other things are there: the printed year/set tag next to the Reebok/Adidas tag, and the velcro on the tail. I know Mitch does not have a positive image among many colectors, but his connection to the T-Wolves are legit.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Who is Mitch?

sox83cubs84
01-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Who is Mitch?

Mitch Schumacher, a dealer from Milwaukee who runs the business entity mentioned by a previous poster. He's had some issues in the past, but his association with the T-Wolves is 100% legit.

Dave M.
Chicago area

harleighb
01-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with what was said by big10champ regarding the indicators you should look for in TWolves GU jerseys. That said, I know others have posted pics to GUU of jerseys without the black sharpie that have been accompanied by LOAs generated by the team that state those jerseys are game used.

Mulligans
01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I would love some input from any Timberwolves guys out there. I bought these items recently from Hunt Auctions. Jersey, shorts, shooting shirt and shoes. Do the Tags look appropriate? Everything looks game worn, but are there any other indicators? Thanks for your help!:)

Mulligans
01-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Any thoughts on these Garnett Items that I previously listed??

costas
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
MeiGray has several Garnett game worn photo-matched jerseys listed on their site now.