PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this Cubs Game issued Throwback

tjm5711
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I was just wondering what you heavy baseball guys thought bout this Carlos Zambrano Throwback jersey. I know it's not game used, but if it is indeed Game issued it's a nice addition to any Cubs collection. My only problem with it is that the the pants have the correct tagging(year,size,etc) on the waistband. But the jersey top itself has no tagging of the sort. Could it be they put a retail jersey with the pants ? Let me know what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260536039878&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

BIGSTIG
01-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Tom,

The jersey and pants are game issued, as stated in the listing. I was at the auction when these were bought. The seller is a friend and trusted seller on ebay. The Cubs did not tag the Jerseys, but did tag the pants. I owned a few pairs of pants all were tagged. The jerseys, well at least the ISSUED ones were not tagged.

tjm5711
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Tom,

The jersey and pants are game issued, as stated in the listing. I was at the auction when these were bought. The seller is a friend and trusted seller on ebay. The Cubs did not tag the Jerseys, but did tag the pants. I owned a few pairs of pants all were tagged. The jerseys, well at least the ISSUED ones were not tagged.

I just don't understand why they didn't tag the jerseys, yet tagged the pants.

??????????????????????????