PDA

View Full Version : brewers fansfest

jjkraner
01-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Did anyone go to the brewers fanfest last year? What time and location is the best to get prince fielders or ryan brauns autograph?

SkubeBats
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Josh,
I went last year and they had lines for each player that was there. The Brewers will post a list of players and a time scheduel soon on thier web site. There is a charge for some of the autographs from free-$25.00 Each player is limited to 250 autographs. Ryan Braun last year personalized every autograph he signed. Get there early in line I know last year people were lining up at 5:00 am to get first in line. They will open the doors and let people stand inside if it's real cold and nasty outside. Stop by my table I will be set up selling Brewers game used equipment. Good Luck!!

jjkraner
01-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I got my tickets for christmas. Selling any braun or fielder stuff?

SkubeBats
01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Josh,
The Brewers now have a list of players that will be there signing on their web site. Some of the players that will be there are Trevor Hoffman, Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and Robin Yount. No times or prices have been listed for the players.

BrewCrewSackers
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm going for the first time this year. I know the autos are cash only, but what about all the other stuff??? Do they take credit/debit cards??? Can you get a photo when you get an auto from Braun?

SkubeBats
01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
They push you through the lines pretty fast not much time for pictures. You could always have someone waiting at the end of the line and take a picture of you handing your item to the player. Most of the stuff there is cash only but they do have a tyme machine around there for your use. Almost all of the dealers setting up there take cash only but some do take credit or debit card. Hope you have a good time and get your favorite players autograph. Stop by my table I will have some Brewers game used bats for sale.

cmw2ward
01-16-2010, 10:29 PM
As always I am looking for a Hoffman bat. If anyone comes across please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Tim
tmw2ward@hotmail.com

BrewCrewSackers
01-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Do they have food there?? Can you leave and come back to it??? Or is it like a game?

Manram
01-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I am always looking for helmets, if they have any there

SkubeBats
01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, they do have food & drinks available. I don't know if you can leave and come back.

They did have helmets for sale in the past and they were $25.00 each.

Hope to see some of you guys there and if you have time stop by my table and say HI.

tknorm
01-24-2010, 07:59 AM
if anyone goes, please look for a Mike Cameron helmet for me!

Thx,
Tommy

BrewCrewSackers
01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Are All Of The Auto Coupons For Sale In One Line? Or Is There A Line For Every Player?

BrewCrewSackers
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Also, Is It Alright If You Bring A Backpack In?? I Have A Lot Of Stuff I'd Like Signed.

The Kid
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
if anyone can help me with a Fielder auto please let me know, ive been trying to get one for awhile now.

SkubeBats
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Each player has a seperate line. They hand out tickets to each person in line and when you get up to the player they collect the money. There is a limit of 250 autogrpahs per player.

You can bring backpacks with you. They have allowed this in the past.

Instanton
01-25-2010, 02:33 AM
One question here: Is there a probability that they will be selling team-issued jerseys? I know Joe Koshansky did not come up, last year: I would be interested in a TI jersey, if it were available at the fest.

SkubeBats
01-26-2010, 10:59 PM
It's now listed on the Brewers website that Ryan Braun will only be signing the team give away picture and he will personalize each one. No other items will be signed...

BrewCrewSackers
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow, that's bs that Braun will only sign the photos. Does the team store accept debit cards there or just cash?

jjkraner
01-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Prince is now only signing cards thats sucks

mattmueller
01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Just an update to the requests / inquiries above. I think the event was all around a disappointment from a game used perspective. The team store had items, but they continue to price items at unrealistic prices. $1200 for a Mike Cameron helmet, $1200 for a Mat Gamel bat, ridiculous. So Tommy, I think the Cameron items are probably still available if you are interested...

They did also have a charity "garage sale" setup that featured lower prices for game used items ($50 BP alternate jerseys, bats), but these were mostly from coaches and lesser known players (think spring training invitees) by the time I got there at 10:40 (see below). There were also about 20 tables set up by local card shops and game used dealers.

However, as a bit of background. Doors opened for the event at 10 AM. I arrived at 9:30. The line was so long that it took me until 10:40 to finally get in the doors. As was explained to me by a rather upset fan in an autograph line, apparently as the dealers had early access to the floor to set up their tables, they also had access to the charity sale table and were the first to be able to purchase items. So there may in fact have been some decent items available at reasonable prices that were scooped up before the other fans were able to get to them. That is unfortunate, I guess.

tknorm
01-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear aobut your frustrations. at least now I can sleep easily tonight without thinking about the Mike Cameron helmet. I think I will make a house payment instead! That listing price is 10x what I have paid for the other 4 helmets I have...

tommy:eek:

SkubeBats
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
I was set up at fan fest today and I had a blast. I was able to meet and talk several GUU members there. I went to the garage sale and there were some good buys when the doors opened up. Jersey's were $50.00 and $75.00 for signed ones. Batting helmets were $25.00 each, gu hats were $10.00 and bats were $25.00. I was able to buy 2 bats and 2 helmets for $100.00 can't go wrong for that price. I had a great day selling game used bats, and other Brewers collectables. I was also able to buy a nice GU Alcides Escobar bat from another dealler. The lines for the autographs were NUTS!! The only bad thing was the food lines... I can't wait until next year!

tknorm,
They had a Cameron bp jersey for $50.00 it was gone before I got to the sale.

Josh,
The dealers that were set up couldn't buy anything until the doors opened up to the public.

SkubeBats
01-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Sorry,
That bottom message was for Matt not Josh.

tknorm
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey Jamie,

Glad it was a good day for you. Thanks for the info on the Cam BP jersey. I'll keep my ebay eyes open.

tommy

Manram
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
SkubeBats- email sent

mattmueller
02-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Tommy: I wasn't all that frustrated with the team store, unfortunately its rather par for the course for the Brewers and their new approach to selling (or not selling) game used items. I think I would describe it as mild amusement.

Jamie - I get what you are saying, but you have to realize the perception of it. The people who had tables set up did not have to stand in a cattle line that took up to 60 minutes to get into the building once the place opened up. The dealers' ability to essentially cut in line and start buying right when the doors opened is what the complaint was. Its not exactly endearing to the average fan to see all the items they could afford being picked over by the time they were able to enter the event. They are then further disappointed when those people cherry picking items out are discovered to be dealers. So not only is the average fan significantly disadvantaged in being able to buy the items, they are provided to people who are in the business of selling the items back to the "real fans" for a profit.

The impression that was left was that fans are not as important as the vendors whose payment to be at the show in a professional capacity provided them the ability to cut to the front of the line and gave them access to the only items the average fan can afford. The alternative is to go over to the team store where they can look at the $1200 Mike Cameron helmet that they cannot afford. Thats tough for most fans to look at. Frankly, I agree with him.

Matt

SkubeBats
02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Matt,
To be honest the Brewers employee's get first chance at all the items in the garage sale area. Then the doors open and it's a free for all. I do see where you think that the dealers get first chance but the fans have the same chance. We can't buy anything early until the doors are open and the people are coming in thats when they start to sell their items. When they have items out, there isn't much of it and it goes fast. Sorry that you had a bad time, maybe it will be better for you next year.

mattmueller
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Jamie:

I didn't say I had a bad time on Sunday, I didn't have high enough expectations or the luxury of enough time to spend there to come away having had a bad time. Honestly, I could not care less that I didn't go home with a Mike Cameron BP jersey or a Ray Durham bat. I was simply passing along the concerns that were expressed, which given what I observed, I would tend to agree with.

Hopefully you can see how people might not be left with the greatest feeling that "fans" were treated right if dealers were provided access to the items before 99.9% of the fans even made it through the door, or to some degree even allowed to purchase the only affordable items in the place to begin with. If what you are saying is true that Brewer employees were able to get there even before the general public was allowed to enter, that makes it even worse.

Matt

SkubeBats
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Matt,
Yes, the Brewers employee's always get first chances at the items. It's the same at the Brewers store they get first chance at the items they put into the store. This is how it always has been and probably will be the same in the future. I would say that 95% of the people at Fan fest could care less about the game used equipment being sold there. Their more into getting autographs and pictures taken with their favorite player or players. I do see your point, but there still isn't enough equipment to make everyone happy.

brewersfan1984
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Fanfest was a succes. I picked up a Lance Nix game used bat, a Gabe Gross bat used by Ben Sheets, got my first Seth McClung jersey (batting practice), and the highlight of the day a 2008 Ed Sedar BP hat. Autograph line were crazy for the stars, along with the food lines. Was able to get my three foot Suppan bobblehead signed and Hernan bat signed. Girlfriend got Hoffman's auto. Can't wait until next year.

Andrew

BrewCrewSackers
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
This was my first fanfest and I have to say it was just ok. I was one of the crazies out side at 0430. I had my choice between being #1 in line for a Braun auto 5x7, or be in the top 15 to meet Robin Yount. I had to go with Rockin Robin. Yount was awsome! I actually got to talk with him for 30 seconds and shake his hand, my GF did too! Yount's signing was at 1230 and Braun's was much later. I figure Braun will be around for a long time, Yount rarely comes here anymore so it was a easy decision.

My negatives: INSANE team store prices. The only item I even thought about was the Sheets 2008 GU jersey for $500. All the rest was CRAZY! The worst was the Greg Councel GU bat for $1,200!!!!! It was also cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or the Prince Fielder GU helmet for $1,800, which was actually low by their $$$ lol. I watched a kid drop the Fielder helmet so hard that it left a small crack in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letting people handle the GU stuff was just as stupid as the prices!
The food was also horrible! I could get better food at a gas station!
Too many card dealers too! Cards are D-E-A-D, i thought their would be way more GU dealers there.

My highlights:
Meeting and getting 2 autos from the greatest Brewer ever.

2 great GU bats of Escobar and Gamel just pounded with use!

Trublubrucru
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
What was up with the Brewers website stating that Fielder was only signing photocards and personalizing them. I wanted to go mainly because I wanted my helmet signed, so I said forget it, and lo and behold on the news there he is signing bats, balls and jerseys. Why the misinformation (again) ? The Clubstore store prices are still crazy too? I thought they were going to get those back in line. 1800 for a helmet? That's 6 x's more than they charged less than 2 years ago. Unbelievable.

Glad to hear lots of you guys got your stuff auto'd and picked up some nice items. Heard a couple horror stories, but that's to be expected with limited autos and a one day crowd of over 10,000 fans.

SkubeBats
02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
BrewCrewSacker,
You should have introduced yourself when you bought the Gamel and Escobar bats from me. Glad to hear that you like them that much. It's great to hear that you were able to get Robin's autograph.

Jeff,
I heard that Prince wasn't happy with the Brewers choice to only sign the pictures cards so he decided to sign what ever the fans had with them. I thought that was a great thing Prince did there!!

I also agree with everyone that the team store prices are "WAY OVER PRICED"......

BrewCrewSackers
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
BrewCrewSacker,
You should have introduced yourself when you bought the Gamel and Escobar bats from me. Glad to hear that you like them that much. It's great to hear that you were able to get Robin's autograph.

Jeff,
I heard that Prince wasn't happy with the Brewers choice to only sign the pictures cards so he decided to sign what ever the fans had with them. I thought that was a great thing Prince did there!!

I also agree with everyone that the team store prices are "WAY OVER PRICED"......

What's up Skube! I'm glad it was you! You have a website????

SkubeBats
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't have a website or a store. If you have any question feel free to email me.

harleighb
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I've got a 2006 GU Fielder Brewers BP jersey (signed, MLB hologram and Mears LOA), a 2008 GU Fielder Cerveceros jersey (signed and MLB hologram) and a GU Fielder minor league retro uniform (signed jersey, pants, and extras) and I didn't pay more than $500 for any one of them. Those team store prices are nuts!

As a Twins fan, I used to complain to the Twins Pro Shop staff about our prices versus those of the Brewers. Now the Twins Pro Shop has reduced its prices and it sounds like the Brewers have gone the other way. Just wait until the Brewers pro shop is swimming in overpriced GU items, supply and demand means those prices will have to change.

mattsr
02-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Jamie I have to disagree with you. I was the first person in line and when the doors opened up I went straight to the brewers rummage table. But by then you were done buying and walking back to your table. That's how you got the openIng day base last year. They may not have sold to you until 10 but vendors are allowed to walk straight to the table and cherry pick what they want then at 10 pay for it. I was still able to get great items so I'm not mad at all but it is unfair. So maybe next year I'll pay the fee to be a vendor or find a vendor and pay him nicely to get me in early. Just my 2 cents. And you sold my brother the capuano bat. He loved it. I has sheets number on the knob.