PDA

View Full Version : AMI reserve price question.

Tapes
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I won a game worn jersey from the last AMI auction for a pretty good price. How do I know if the item I won met the reserve price?

ironmanfan
01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
have you received an invoice?

Tapes
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Nope, all I've gotten in my email is a message that says I bid on it. I'm assuming I didn't meet the reserve.

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I would suggest you call and ask.

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Under "contact us" on their website...

(702) 307-1148

karamaxjoe
01-09-2010, 06:10 PM

I could be wrong here, but what are the odds that AMI actually answers the phone. Due to all the creditors and unpaid consignors calling, I would guess calling them won't get you very far.

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Tapes,

It is against my better judgement to offer suggestions without any knowledge of what you purchased (won) in the auction you have referred to. But you appear to be a new member here, so I'll make an attempt at giving you some friendly advice you might want to consider.

When you have the time, do a search, here, on the forum at the upper right, and type in "American Memorabilia" and "AMI"....seperately, at different times. You will receive a lot of "overlap" in what pops up, but what will appear will be a weekend worth of good reading. Do it for yourself, then maybe ask yourself the following question:

If I did make the reserve, how is it that I got such a "great deal" on the item I won?

As the cold chills run down the nape of your neck, and you realize that the reason just may be that knowledgable collectors steered clear from bidding on the item you found desirable.....feel good about the fact that you haven't received that "invoice" yet.

Then, I would suggest you post the item here and share it with the forum, with the full understanding you may very well not like what is to follow in regards of comments.

But I promise you this. You will have learned something, you will have gained some insight.....and your mind just might have been put to rest that you either got exactly what it was that you bid on, or a complete piece of garbage that was misrepresented by someone along the way.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing. I suggest you tap into the minds of the forum for help in answering the very question you started this thread with, but with a twist in a different direction as I have suggested.

Good luck my friend.

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I could be wrong here, but what are the odds that AMI actually answers the phone. Due to all the creditors and unpaid consignors calling, I would guess calling them won't get you very far.

Very true, Joe.

Tapes.....more reading for you above.