PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Official Thread

joelsabi
01-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Got this item from thread title on the PSA Registry Message Board. I have read some nice threads here at GUU too that focus on a group of collectors and thought maybe it was time for a similar thread on ARod Collectors. It would be nice to know who out there collects ARod and what your specialty area(s) are in your collection and share information in on centralized area. I know ARod Collectors have lost a few collectors due to the steroid disclosure and have added a few new ones due to his performance in the World Series.

So, if you are a ARod collector, please introduce yourself.

I have been collecting his stuff since 1994 when I heard about him in Baseball America. Back then, my brother in law was doing card shows and I would tag along to help out with his table. Back in the days, I pretty much had every baseball card of his in 1994 and 1995 and it was hard keeping pace with all the cards that the card companies produced. This is when parallel cards and inserts were really popular. The amount of cards kind of got ridiculous and my focus changed to everything but baseball cards. There was a SCD dealer in Wisconsin who was paying well for his cards so I sold every card I had that was listed in Beckett for over $10.

As my interests changed to other things, like women and a career, my collection took a back burner until 2001. That year my dad past away and for some reason I finally identified with Rodriguez about losing his father. I took this children’s book Hit A Grand Slam that he co-wrote and tried to locate items and objects that could be associated to events in the book from childhood to the 1997 season. I have stuff like his high school yearbook, graduation program, Seattle Intelligence newspaper Supplements from the Refuse to Lose Season, early autographed baseballs (thank to a large part from Tony Baldwin aka 3arod13 from this forum), just to name a few. I plan on having another display case with baseball equipment.

Around June of 2009, I pretty much made my mind up that it was time to make a display. So I hope to share this with you this year. Also I started a PSA Registry ARod collection last year. We are currently ranked #3.

There is so many collectibles out there of ARod that there is plenty to go around. I hope I can assist you all in making your ARod collection the best it can possibly can be. I have done lots of research that ended without a purchase so I am familiar of what is out there. If you leave a ARod related question in this thread and you are truly a ARod collector I will do my best to answer it. I think education before buying an item is the only way to go.

happy new year

Joel

murfsteve25
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Arods stuff is very expensive, so there is no way I could classify myself as an Arod collector. However, I get what I can...

2006 WBC game used auto bat
16X20 2006 WBC auto photo
2008 auto all star ball
Various rookie cards
various magazines with Arod on cover.

joelsabi
01-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Arods stuff is very expensive, so there is no way I could classify myself as an Arod collector. However, I get what I can...

2006 WBC game used auto bat
16X20 2006 WBC auto photo
2008 auto all star ball
Various rookie cards
various magazines with Arod on cover.

Steve,

I know your main player is David Justice. I remember when you got the WBC bat awhile back from Joe W., who sadly sold his entire ARod collection. Anyone with that beauty is a ARod Collector.

We are in the same boat on ARod. I cannot afford the high end stuff any longer but consider myself to be a ARod collector. I do not have an item yet related to ARod for the World Series even though I would like one. Right now probably what I could afford that I like for that event is World Series tickets but they are easy to obtain. The game used helmet is going for $24K and a game used fielding glove is $26K. Both from the World Series. I would have to cash in my entire collection to get either item. :) I noticed that a WS arm pad sold for $750. Ouch.

Glad you are on the thread.

Regards,

Joel

d2ray13
01-09-2010, 09:24 PM
ive got about 30 bats, all of which are either hr or other significant bats. such as game winning wbc hit bat, or a derek jeter model bat alex used, rookie year bats, etc. about as many bgs as bats, matching the bats significance. ive got his 94 rookie jersey, 04 05 jerseys, g winnin wbc jersey, 06 all star jersey, 07 as jersey. 04 helmet and glove (for those who know arod, 04 he used his "z" glove, alex spelled alez) 05 helmet and glove-yea, the helmet worn on 400 hr and his crazy angels game-awesome piece, 07 helmet and glove.....all the gloves were his primary used, everything photomatches. a dozen hats from hr games, significant games, wbc. and then ive got the randoms, such as belts, stirrups, sunglasses, equiptment bags, etc. and then ive also got several cleats, mostly from 05, but my favorite are his 04 white as spikes. wuld love to heat what else is out there

TFig27
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/IMG_5413-1.jpg

joelsabi
01-09-2010, 09:46 PM
ive got about 30 bats, all of which are either hr or other significant bats. such as game winning wbc hit bat, or a derek jeter model bat alex used, rookie year bats, etc. about as many bgs as bats, matching the bats significance. ive got his 94 rookie jersey, 04 05 jerseys, g winnin wbc jersey, 06 all star jersey, 07 as jersey. 04 helmet and glove (for those who know arod, 04 he used his "z" glove, alex spelled alez) 05 helmet and glove-yea, the helmet worn on 400 hr and his crazy angels game-awesome piece, 07 helmet and glove.....all the gloves were his primary used, everything photomatches. a dozen hats from hr games, significant games, wbc. and then ive got the randoms, such as belts, stirrups, sunglasses, equiptment bags, etc. and then ive also got several cleats, mostly from 05, but my favorite are his 04 white as spikes. wuld love to heat what else is out there

Now that's a nice collection. I bet you can contribute some knowledge to this thread.

Welcome to the thread.

btw, what is your name? I believed I have emailed you before but never got your name. You still in high school?

Regards,

Joel

murfsteve25
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Steve,

I know your main player is David Justice. I remember when you got the WBC bat awhile back from Joe W., who sadly sold his entire ARod collection. Anyone with that beauty is a ARod Collector.

We are in the same boat on ARod. I cannot afford the high end stuff any longer but consider myself to be a ARod collector. I do not have an item yet related to ARod for the World Series even though I would like one. Right now probably what I could afford that I like for that event is World Series tickets but they are easy to obtain. The game used helmet is going for $24K and a game used fielding glove is $26K. Both from the World Series. I would have to cash in my entire collection to get either item. :) I noticed that a WS arm pad sold for $750. Ouch.

Glad you are on the thread.

Regards,

Joel

Joel,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, my main guy is justice. However, I guess i need someone who still plays to follow. I've got 4 Justice jerseys, a hat, batting helmet, and numerous bats. Could you imagine the price i would have to drop if all those items were Arod? Theres no way...:eek:

An Arod WS items would be SWEEEEET to have. Maybe if i can get a 2nd and 3rd job...get rid of the wife and kids...lose the cell phone...cancel the cable...sell the car...move in my parents garage...and sell my entire current collection....i MIGHT be able to pull it off.

murfsteve25
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM

youll deff have to post pics of this...

joelsabi
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi Joel...sorry to hijack the thread, but I picked up a Calgary Cannons jersey that looks to be from Alex's era (looks like the jersey style pictured below, but without the arm patches) and wondered in you had any programs from 1994 that indicated who may have worn #4? Also, if you knew when this style of jersey was worn (1994-1997 only?) Thanks!

Bret Boone played in 1993 and didnt have pinstripe home jersey, so first year was in 1994.

In 1994, Cannons had three jerseys (home white w/ blue pinstripe, road grey jersey, and blue BP jersey). 1994 had the 125th anniversary of professional baseball patch on the right sleeve. The jersey stayed the same until 1998. New Cannons logo was in effect from 1998-2002.

suave1477
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Funny I don't consider myself an AROD collector and in all honesty I am a bit Anti-AROD but im no dummy either and have picked up a quite of few of his game used items.

My list of Game Used ARod items.

1) Yankees bat autographed & Inscribed
2) Yankees BP bat autographed & Inscribed
3) Mariners bat autographed
4) Rangers wristband
5) Yankees wristband
6) 2003 All Star Game Issued BP Jersey Autographed
7) Yankees Game Used Baseball Autographed by ARod
8) Yankees Batting gloves
9) Yankees 16 x 20 Autographed

joelsabi
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Funny I don't consider myself an AROD collector and in all honesty I am a bit Anti-AROD but im no dummy either and have picked up a quite of few of his game used items.

Hi Jason,

I know you are a huge Yankee fan. I totally relate since I have some hard core Yankee Fans at work who were not too keen on ARod. I have a Boston Supplement photo from the ARod and Varitek fight in my cube at work which gets positive reaction and brings up baseball. If I say I am an Yankee fan I always get a positive reaction from a Yankee fan. More often I get the opposite reaction when I add that ARod is my favorite Yankee player. I must be a bandwagoner even if I was a Yankee fan prior to being a Yankee fan. But after helping win the World Series this year, some of my coworkers have graugingly accepted him, like a step son, into the Yankee family.

Thanks for posting.

Joel

joelsabi
01-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Morning,

With ARod's 500 homerun baseball up for sale

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/01/12/rodriguez.home.run.ball.ap/index.html

just curious to know what milestone related items are in your ARod collection.

Thanks to a transaction system that could not count properly I lost out on a base from the 500th HR game. Probably the most exciting feeling I had as a collector when I thought I had that in my collection. Later I was told that there was an error (the computer overcounted the number of bases sold) and that another person had bought it and I had the worst feeling as a collector. Since then I scambled to locate a game used item that could represent that event. I bidded $2500 for a signed game used baseball from that game in the sotheby auction and that ended up being the high bid for a couple of hours. so basically I was going to be shut out from getting a game used item from his 500th hr game. The consolation prize to my collection: a mint luxury suite ticket from the game. Its a little larger than the regular season tickets. price $35.

So for ARod I pretty much limit myself to game used baseballs and tickets to represent those milestone events in my collection. It's an affordabilty issue for me. It's something I really think I can complete. Last year I was fortunate to find a baseball from his 3 HR and 10 RBI game and I bought a lineup card where ARod tied Ruth for most consecutive seasons with 30 HR and 100 RBIs. I guess it better than nothing.

Let us know what milestone related items are in your collection.

Regards,

Joel

suave1477
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Morning,

With ARod's 500 homerun baseball up for sale

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/01/12/rodriguez.home.run.ball.ap/index.html

just curious to know what milestone related items are in your ARod collection.

Thanks to a transaction system that could not count properly I lost out on a base from the 500th HR game. Probably the most exciting feeling I had as a collector when I thought I had that in my collection. Later I was told that there was an error (the computer overcounted the number of bases sold) and that another person had bought it and I had the worst feeling as a collector. Since then I scambled to locate a game used item that could represent that event. I bidded $2500 for a signed game used baseball from that game in the sotheby auction and that ended up being the high bid for a couple of hours. so basically I was going to be shut out from getting a game used item from his 500th hr game. The consolation prize to my collection: a mint luxury suite ticket from the game. Its a little larger than the regular season tickets. price $35.

So for ARod I pretty much limit myself to game used baseballs and tickets to represent those milestone events in my collection. It's an affordabilty issue for me. It's something I really think I can complete. Last year I was fortunate to find a baseball from his 3 HR and 10 RBI game and I bought a lineup card where ARod tied Ruth for most consecutive seasons with 30 HR and 100 RBIs. I guess it better than nothing.

Let us know what milestone related items are in your collection.

Regards,

Joel

Not sure if you saw it but I posted it before in another thread.

I have ARods Home Runball that broke the record in 2007 for the most home runs hit by a third baseman breaking the record of Mike Schmidt and Adrian Beltre.
It is also the 51st home run that put him one over being the 4 th yankee in history to hit 50 or more home runs.
Also it being from 2007 which was an MVP season / 500th Home Run season.

joelsabi
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM

I have ARods Home Runball that broke the record in 2007 for the most home runs hit by a third baseman breaking the record of Mike Schmidt and Adrian Beltre.
It is also the 51st home run that put him one over being the 4 th yankee in history to hit 50 or more home runs.

Jason, I knew that was in your collection among other game used baseballs from the previous post. Was that baseball returned to ARod or was it sold by the person who caught the baseball? I guess it also made him the single season hr record holder for two positions.

Another tricky thing was that ARod was a DH for 2 homeruns that 2007 season so those would not count towards that total. I am pretty sure you did your research on when those two home run occurred and how it affected when the record was broken.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

joelsabi
01-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Alex Rodriguez hit two homeruns as a DH on 9/5/2007. Since Schmidt's record was 48 someone could be fooled that the record was on September 7 when ARod hit his 49th homerun. If you negate those two homers you see that the new record was on 9/8/2007.

Season Total
Date DAILY TOTAL POSITION
9/5/2007 2 48 dh
9/7/2007 1 49 3b
9/8/2007 2 51 3b

Third baseman Total
Date DAILY TOTAL POSITION
9/5/2007 0 46 dh
9/7/2007 1 47 3b
9/8/2007 2 49 3b

suave1477
01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Joelsabi you are correct on all accounts.

It is his Home Run #49 as a Thirdbaseman but is his actual 51st of the season. So you are correct he did hit 2 home runs as a DH which are not included in the official records towards him breaking the Third baseman record.

joelsabi
01-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks to Andrew for the photo of the baseball:

Here is what was authenticated on that day.

BB566960 actual baseball
BB566961 locker tag
BB566962 1st base (1st set)
BB566963 2nd base (1st set)
BB566964 3rd base (1st set)
BB566965 baseball
BB566966 baseball
BB566967 baseball
BB566968 baseball
BB566969 baseball
BB566970 baseball
BB566971 baseball
BB566972 baseball
BB566973 baseball
BB566974 baseball
BB566975 jersey
BB566976 acutal bat
BB566977 cap
BB566978 sunglasses
BB566979 batting helmet
BB566980 elbow pad (benik)
BB566981 right cleat
BB566982 left cleat
BB566983 right hand batting glove
BB566984 left hand batting glove
BB566985 belt
BB566986 pants
BB566987 1st base (second set)
BB566988 2nd base (second set)
BB566989 3rd base (second set)
BB566990 dirt from pitchers mound

joelsabi
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
So what items have been sold from Rodriguez 500th HR game?

I just asked Mario from MVP and he says Alex still owns the bat and the jersey from the 500th home run game. The helmet was given to the Hall of Fame.

What has been sold? Unsigned bases ($2000) and baseballs ($800) were sold by Steiner awhile back. MVP sold one signed game used baseball at around $2500 and Sotheby (SCP) sold one signed game used baseball at around $3800. Steiner also had his chair for $3500 which was not authenticated by MLB Authenticated on that day.

Eurostar09
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Been Arod & baseball fan since 07 when I went to a Yankees game at Tropicana. Met Johnny Damon & had Jeter toss us a ball, I was hooked. Used to think baseball was boring & slow, now my winters are filled with dreams of the green grass at steinbrenner field.

Have all of Alex rookie cards graded psa 10's or BGS 9.5 except for the SP which I have two 9's BGS & PSA

07 Grand slam bat 9-25-07 at Tropicana. We were there and can be seen on the video when Alex is rounding 3rd.
2002 Rangers game used bat signed
1998 HR #4 bat from his 40/40 yr signed & inscribed from mill creek sports
2002 Rangers game used hat signed
1995 Tacoma Rainers game used hat signed from mill creek sports
Ticket from his 500 hr game signed & inscribed
Signed 40/40 baseball signed & inscribed by Arod,canseco,bonds. Still need alfonso

Hope to get my game 6 WS ticket signed his year along with a picture my wife took of me joking with arod during the yankees B&G luncheon.

Also have a arod jersey signed by most of the 08 team including Reggie Jackson & Yogi Berra (he signed it upside town, love it)

Right now my holy grail would be a WS game used hat with some good wear on it. The one of ebay looks brand new

joelsabi
01-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Been Arod & baseball fan since 07 when I went to a Yankees game at Tropicana. Met Johnny Damon & had Jeter toss us a ball, I was hooked. Used to think baseball was boring & slow, now my winters are filled with dreams of the green grass at steinbrenner field.

Have all of Alex rookie cards graded psa 10's or BGS 9.5 except for the SP which I have two 9's BGS & PSA

07 Grand slam bat 9-25-07 at Tropicana. We were there and can be seen on the video when Alex is rounding 3rd.
Signed 40/40 baseball signed & inscribed by Arod,canseco,bonds. Still need alfonso

Hope to get my game 6 WS ticket signed his year along with a picture my wife took of me joking with arod during the yankees B&G luncheon.

Also have a arod jersey signed by most of the 08 team including Reggie Jackson & Yogi Berra (he signed it upside town, love it)

Right now my holy grail would be a WS game used hat with some good wear on it. The one of ebay looks brand new

Hi Giovanni,

Glad to see you join the thread. You have a super nice collection and I am glad you got the 2002 hat from me some time back. I am also glad you got the Tacoma hat as I know you were searching for some additional hats for some time now. Hats are really hard to find. I still need a New York hat too. You may want to ask d2ray13 as he has some hats in his collection and probably can find you a World Series hat from his source. Your grand slam bat is amazing too and something special since you were there when it happened. Also it's a win-win situation when you wife is supportive too.

Mill Creek Sports ads in Sports Collectors Digest was what led me to collecting game used equipment. Really good people running the place and Scott and Brent continue to be a great source.

BTW, PSA/DNA Authentication will be at Mill Creek Sports on Thursday January 28th.

If you ever find a private signing for Soriano, let me know. I need my baseball signed too. Who is on the sweet spot on your 40/40 baseball?
I have seen either Canseco or ARod on the sweet spot for these baseballs.

Regards,

Joel

3arod13
01-26-2010, 04:14 AM

So you bought the 1995 Tacoma Rainers game used hat signed from mill creek sports. I was wondering who picked that up. Contacted Scott at Mill Creek Sports about it, but was too late.

Regards, Tony

joelsabi
02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Three days left on the auction for Alex Rodriguez's 500th HR baseball and its already at $48,721.

http://www.scpauctionsite.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=552

joelsabi
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Three days left on the auction for Alex Rodriguez's 500th HR baseball and its already at $48,721.

http://www.scpauctionsite.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=552

The winning bid was $86,316, with commission ended up at $103,579. I wonder who won it.

joelsabi
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello Alex Rodriguez Collectors,

With a tax return on its way, was looking at potential buys on the first page result ordered by highest price.

Just some observations:

1) $2999 bin

Alex Rodriguez 1993 classic 4-sport promo card #pr4

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-1993-classic-4-sport-promo-card-pr4_W0QQitemZ300393508076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Bas eball?hash=item45f0d92cec

Comment: Same promo card I bought for $1 box a long time ago.

Someone (not me) asked a question.

Q: Hi..I'm interested in this item..why is the price so high..is it a rare pre rookie with low print numbers..what is the print run..PLMK
A: Hi, it is a rare pre rookie with 1500-2000 print numbers.... check item # : 280294799185 the same card is listed for $9.999.99 take care

So if another seller who is selling another Alex Rodriguez card on ebay for 1.5 million say its worth $9,999 then your price must be reasonable?

2) $2950 or bo
ALEX RODRIGUEZ 1994 UPPER DECK # 24 RC BUYBACK AUTO 1/1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-1994-UPPER-DECK-24-RC-BUYBACK-AUTO-1-1_W0QQitemZ140351379671QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseb all?hash=item20ad9818d7

Comment: No such UD buyback program exist for this card.. Seller refuses to show back where there is supposedly a “serial numbered” hologram.

3) BIN $2000
1994 Sportflics Artist Proof ALEX RODRIGUEZ PSA 9

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Sportflics-Artist-Proof-ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-PSA-9_W0QQitemZ400080702209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseb all?hash=item5d26ab0b01

Comment: Nice card but why consider buying this for $2000 if another seller is offering a PSA 10 of the same card for $2200. Well it’s not even that. The seller is the same person for both items. So it’s a seller pitch to buy the overpriced PSA 10 at $2200.

4) $1999 or best offer

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BASEBALL MLB HOLO
GAME USED 2009 WORLD SERIES BASEBALL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-MLB-HOLO_W0QQitemZ220530114162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item33589e7e72

Comments: Nice World Series item. Just a little misleading since the description does not say anything about the baseball being game ready. The baseball is described as game ready on the MLB database. But an offer of 60% of the asking may be a good alternative for those on a budget.

5) $1500 or Best offer

ALEX RODRIGUEZ 1994 UD STAR ROOKIE RC BUYBACK AUTO 1/3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-1994-UD-STAR-ROOKIE-RC-BUYBACK-AUTO-1-3_W0QQitemZ140351378863QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseb all?hash=item20ad9815af

Comment: Description read. “THIS WAS A BUYBACK CARD AUTOGRAPHED AND REINSERTED TO UPPER DECK PRODUCTS. SERIAL NUMBER 1 OF ONLY 3 MADE” To my knowledge this buyback program never occurred. Same seller as item #2.

6) $1500 or Best Offer

ALEX RODRIGUEZ 1994 UD STAR ROOKIE RC BUYBACK AUTO 2/5

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-1994-UD-STAR-ROOKIE-RC-BUYBACK-AUTO-2-5_W0QQitemZ140351379444QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseb all?hash=item20ad9817f4

Comment: same seller as #2 and #6. Do you see a pattern? But this a bargain compared to the other 2.
:rolleyes:

7) $1499 or Best Offer

Alex Rodriguez Signed Home Run #341 Baseball +PSA/DNA+

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Signed-Home-Run-341-Baseball-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ300371148707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item45ef83ffa3

Comment:
Recycled sold item on ebay.
Exposed by Jason (suave1477) as a misleading inscription and not the actual game used homerun baseball.

Full details here.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=23409&highlight=Home+Run+341

Hope this is helpful as you browse through for your own purchase.

Regards,

Joel

joelsabi
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I just notice that today is the closing day for American Memorablia and thought I would highlight some attention on some of the better Alex Rodriguez items

2004 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed All-Star Game Yankees Jersey (A-Rod LOA), First Yankee All-Star Appearance

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=51989&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Comes with hand signed letter from ARod with the ARod Authenticated sticker on the Letter. No inscription mentioning the All-Star Game which I have seen on some of his All-Star Jerseys. Proper length 50 and extra 2" length. Road all-star jerseys are more common in the long run for a player. If you already have the Yankee Pinstripe All-Star jersey from 2008 this one is for you.

2008 Alex Rodriguez Yankees Final Season Game-Worn Batting Helmet Signed, Inscribed w/MLB Hologram

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55159&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: AM claim they matched it to two Getty photos (82598827-8) in the batting circle from that day. I would have looked further at other games prior for a better match. But there are no less than 5 nice scuff marks on the helmet for photo matching purposes. Has MLB sticker LH167100 matches the MLB data base. 7 1/4 sticker inside helmet is right. Inscription reads "game used 2008 and Final game 9/21/08 Yankee Stadium."

2008 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed Glove Yankees Final Season "game used 2008 season 9/21/08 Final Game at Yankee Stadium"

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55160&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Speaks for itself. Nice usage. Don't know why it's not going for more.

1994 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed Cleats (Rookie)

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=54842&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Items from ARod's first year are scarce. Nice simple early Alex Rodriguez signature with #3 inscription. Lots of dirt under cleats. This is before ARod customized his cleats with "ARod" on the back of the cleats in 1995. Comes from the best source from that time period in his career -- Mill Creeks Sports.

3arod13
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I just notice that today is the closing day for American Memorablia and thought I would highlight some attention on some of the better Alex Rodriguez items

2004 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed All-Star Game Yankees Jersey (A-Rod LOA), First Yankee All-Star Appearance

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=51989&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Comes with hand signed letter from ARod with the ARod Authenticated sticker on the Letter. No inscription mentioning the All-Star Game which I have seen on some of his All-Star Jerseys. Proper length 50 and extra 2" length. Road all-star jerseys are more common in the long run for a player. If you already have the Yankee Pinstripe All-Star jersey from 2008 this one is for you.

2008 Alex Rodriguez Yankees Final Season Game-Worn Batting Helmet Signed, Inscribed w/MLB Hologram

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55159&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: AM claim they matched it to two Getty photos (82598827-8) in the batting circle from that day. I would have looked further at other games prior for a better match. But there are no less than 5 nice scuff marks on the helmet for photo matching purposes. Has MLB sticker LH167100 matches the MLB data base. 7 1/4 sticker inside helmet is right. Inscription reads "game used 2008 and Final game 9/21/08 Yankee Stadium."

2008 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed Glove Yankees Final Season "game used 2008 season 9/21/08 Final Game at Yankee Stadium"

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55160&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Speaks for itself. Nice usage. Don't know why it's not going for more.

1994 Alex Rodriguez Game-Used, Signed Cleats (Rookie)

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=54842&aucsearch=alex%20rodriguez&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Comments: Items from ARod's first year are scarce. Nice simple early Alex Rodriguez signature with #3 inscription. Lots of dirt under cleats. This is before ARod customized his cleats with "ARod" on the back of the cleats in 1995. Comes from the best source from that time period in his career -- Mill Creeks Sports.

Joel,

I believe those are the cleats that were list numerous times on ebay and never sold. Believe the price listed was around $3,500.

I picked this Arod card up from Millcreek Sports. Love the signature. Also picked up this McGwire card. Couldn't pass it up. Such an awesome, large early signature. I was really in to autograph cards for many years. Still do it, when I see a really nice sig.

Regards, Tony

joelsabi
02-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Joel,

I believe those are the cleats that were list numerous times on ebay and never sold. Believe the price listed was around $3,500.

I picked this Arod card up from Millcreek Sports. Love the signature. Also picked up this McGwire card. Couldn't pass it up. Such an awesome, large early signature. I was really in to autograph cards for many years. Still do it, when I see a really nice sig.

Regards, Tony

Hi Tony,

Yes those cleats were listed on Ebay and he was firm on his price so I am very surprised by the minimum bid for these cleats.

Regards,

Joel

btw, nice Pacific Insert with a nice signature.

Eurostar09
02-12-2010, 04:03 PM
The 40/40 ball has Alex on the sweetspot & its from reggiejackson.com

joelsabi
02-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Joel,

Regards, Tony

Hi Tony,

Just checked AM auction results from last night and the cleats did not sell. It seems as though only the fielding glove sold at $10,736.

I am assuming, since it was a reserve auction and there is $0 currently showing on the other items, that their reserves were not met. I guess most consignors are not willing to take a loss on their original investment. Before the steroid admission, the All-Star Jersey had sold on AM for $13,459 and as you mentioned, the cleats were on ebay for $3500.

Regards,

Joel

joelsabi
02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
The 40/40 ball has Alex on the sweetspot & its from reggiejackson.com

Hey G,

Mine comes from the same source. Reggiejackson.com also does some nice limited stat baseball for HOFers. I have seen Canseco on the sweet spot too on a 40/40 ball, which makes sense since he was the first person to do 40/40. I wonder if Canseco or ARod will sign such a baseball now after Canseco second book.

Anyways, if you find an opportunity for Alfonso Soriano to sign your baseball, let me know.

Regards,

Joel

nycsports
02-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Here is my Alex Rodriguez collection. I collect baseballs that were hit by A-Rod. The ball at top left is a Calgary Cannons HR ball that was hit and signed by A-Rod. The other 5 baseballs are BP home run balls.

I am always looking to add more A-Rod hit baseballs to my colletion.

Matt
mjmonte1279@hotmail.com

3arod13
02-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Looks like Arod has a few drinks before signing the 1994 ball :)

Regards, Tony

joelsabi
02-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Here is my Alex Rodriguez collection. I collect baseballs that were hit by A-Rod. The ball at top left is a Calgary Cannons HR ball that was hit and signed by A-Rod. The other 5 baseballs are BP home run balls.

Hi Matt,

Glad you found this thread. I believe we corresponded thru email and you collect baseballs that were actually hit by ARod. I remember you telling me it was an official PCL baseball but I don't remember you telling me it was a HR baseball.

BTW, it looks like some of your baseballs came from ballhawknet, who is a member of this forum too.

Thanks for sharing.

nycsports
02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Joel,

I remember corresponding with you a few months back. If I remember correctly, I think I e-mailed you about a 40/40 A-Rod baseball.

Yes, I have purchased some baseballs (A-Rod and other players) from Ballhawk--always great to deal with!

Great thread idea by the way! I am frequently checking it to see what other A-Rod items are out there.

Matt

mbrieve
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I know this isn't game used, but thought some of you might like to see it. I went to a game in 1994 at my local minor league stadium - the West Michigan Whitecaps. My cousin mentioned that the Foxes had a highly touted prospect, but I had never bothered getting a minor leaguers autograph before. ARod was not signing for anybody prior to the game. I was talking to one of the relief pitchers on the Appleton Foxes and offered to "trade" him a hotdog to get me Alex's autograph on a Bobby Brown American League baseball. After some prodding he took my ball and when he came back with it signed, the pitcher told me not to worry about getting him the hotdog :). I vividly remember that same pitcher getting yelled at in one of the later innings by an Appleton coach for screwing around during the game in the bullpen. Here is a picture (you cannot see the #3 he added, as the signature wraps so far around the ball):

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/mbriev16/Personal%20Collection/ARod.jpg

So, what do early ARod balls like this go for? I haven't gotten it PSA'd or anything like that because I don't plan to sell it, just curious...

3arod13
02-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I know this isn't game used, but thought some of you might like to see it. I went to a game in 1994 at my local minor league stadium - the West Michigan Whitecaps. My cousin mentioned that the Foxes had a highly touted prospect, but I had never bothered getting a minor leaguers autograph before. ARod was not signing for anybody prior to the game. I was talking to one of the relief pitchers on the Appleton Foxes and offered to "trade" him a hotdog to get me Alex's autograph on a Bobby Brown American League baseball. After some prodding he took my ball and when he came back with it signed, the pitcher told me not to worry about getting him the hotdog :). I vividly remember that same pitcher getting yelled at in one of the later innings by an Appleton coach for screwing around during the game in the bullpen. Here is a picture (you cannot see the #3 he added, as the signature wraps so far around the ball):

So, what do early ARod balls like this go for? I haven't gotten it PSA'd or anything like that because I don't plan to sell it, just curious...

Nice Arod ball. I like Arods 94-95 signature the best. I owned 3 other balls from 94, one on a AL ball, Minor League Ball, and NL Ball. Sold them to Joel to make another purchased. Hated letting them do, but they're in another Arod collectors hands.

Here's a 1995 ball I picked up, for only $89. This was a ball Arod signed for a Doctor with the Baltimore Orioles. I love the inscription, "Doc, Thanks 4 everything save my lockers." Doc obviously hooked up Arod with more than one locker, hence Arod underlining lockers.

Regards, Tony

mbrieve
02-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Tony! That ball seems like a steal for $89...I'm definitely hanging on to my ball.

joelsabi
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM

Hi mbrieve,

Great hotdog story. Do you remember the pitcher's name? Early autograph baseballs of ARod go for a premium. Bobby Brown logo baseballs date to 1994 and then his signature changed by 1995 when the Bulig logo baseball came into play. Now ARod is signing inscribed baseballs saying "1st homerun 06/12/95" and "major league debut 07/08/94" on Selig logo baseballs. I just don't see the added value in these new baseballs.

spartanservitto
06-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Here are my 2002 and 2003 Arod Gamers. I know people dont like Texas bats, but these ones are pounded, cracked. Could never get rid of these.

advan24r
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this one..

Were the 1994 RC SPs inserted into 1997 packs all serial numbered?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (http://www.ebay.com/itm/180830058558?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413)

Here was the item from the previous owner

1994 SP Buy Back Auto Alex Rodriguez RC Autograph UDA | eBay (http://www.ebay.ph/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270761341953#ht_500wt_1156)

Also, here is one that ended awhile ago and the description is the same inserted rc but shows a hand serial on it.

(click for more descriptions and the picture since the picture I linked became broken)
1997 SP 1994 Vintage Buyback AUTO Alex Rodriguez ROOKIE (http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1997-sp-1994-vintage-buyback-auto-alex-rodriguez)

http://images.cloud.worthpoint.com/wpimages/images/images1/1/0707/29/1_d35d47209fb73b9822b8711f99530347.jpg

spartanservitto
02-28-2012, 09:09 PM
My understanding is buy backs are older cards purchased by Upper Deck and re-inserted into packs at a later date. I also know that they blew up the 94 rookie and had Arod sign them. The buy backs are cool though.

-Tony

sctizzle
12-22-2012, 08:23 PM
My only Arod item...2012 helmet, photo matched to him becoming #5 all time on the HR record after passing Griffey Jr. in April of 2012. Tons of use all over the helmet and has been photo matched through most of May as well.

-Scott
sjnyr@aol.com

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2rhuu0k.jpg