PDA

View Full Version : Hey Number9, had a question-

joecoco
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Just to follow up, do you notice if the "L" or "R" on DM's bats corresponds to the side of the barrel the ball marks are on? For example, the "L" bat would have seams/ball marks on the left side of the barrel and vice versa. Just another thought. Be intersted to know what you think. Thanks Mike and happy collecting to all - Joe

Number9
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
hey buddy; i'm glad you e-mailed, i did miss that post...

i will check mine again when i get home but off the top of my head, both have very light use, just a ballmark or two (but heavy pine tar in the middle). They both have the ballmarks on the correct right side only, correct for a lefty hitter like doug I mean. It looks to me like he had these ready with pinetar and only used them once or twice.

BUT either way, he used them as a lefty hitter so I would think ballmarks should still be on the 'right' side of the bat, below the stampings, correct for a lefty hitter. They are the same exact bat, cupped end, blonde, same model, just one slightly lighter than the other apparently.

Mike

joecoco
01-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Mike. Really appreciate it. I agree, it seems weird to mark the bats like that. I guess there is a first for everything! Thanks again - Joe

Number9
01-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Hi Joe,
Here's a couple pics.
The one bat has a few ballmarks, the other has one at most. All are on the 'right' side. Both have pinetar with a little rosin mixed in, something he seems to do a lot, load up with pine tar and then dab it with rosin. Both bats have been handled as there are pine tar dabs here and there.
Note the R and the L on the knobs. Also appears the bat weights were written by two different people, as the writing doesn't match.
Neither bat would meet the high standards of your collection, but I still kinda like them. A blonde bat with pine tar is still cool.

Mike

joecoco
01-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Mike-

Those are awesome looking DM bats! They completely meet my standards:) You are right - few things are as appealing as blonde bats with a sickening amount of pine tar on them. I really appreciate the pics and am glad to see that the "R" and "L" markings are consistent with your bats. Thanks again buddy!

- Joe Cocozzella