PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Wrap On Game Used

geoff
06-20-2006, 02:19 AM
I got in the mail today 3 pairs of game used cleats.They each had plastic wrap all over them including the autographs.Does the wrap protect them while they are being shipped and any long term affects keeping the wrap on them.Thanks Geoff

icollectDCsports
06-20-2006, 10:01 AM
It depends on what the wrap is actually made out of. You may recall that the original sheets that were made for baseball card collectors were eventually found to be made with certain chemicals, such as PVC, which were damaging to the cards over time AND which in my experience would in time start to lift part of a Sharpie autograph right off of the card. That's why the manufacturers of these sheets made the change to "archival safe" materials. As for your plastic wrap, the question is which category it falls into. If you don't know for sure, I'd remove it.

Frank
06-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I got in the mail today 3 pairs of game used cleats.They each had plastic wrap all over them including the autographs.Does the wrap protect them while they are being shipped and any long term affects keeping the wrap on them.Thanks Geoff

Depending on the type of wrap, it's probably ok. It is for shipping and also for when they are stored. It's usually to protect the autos from scratching.

Yankwood
06-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Maybe its to keep the smell of those stinky shoes from infiltrating the rest of the mail.