PDA

View Full Version : 1980s Mets Pinstripe Jersey made by Cliff Keen

commando
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone... I know Cliff Keen is a company that has made wrestling and referee uniforms for many years. Today I came across a 1980s pinstripe Mets pullover jersey made by the company, and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the details. Did they have a contract to manufacture authentic MLB jerseys in the 80s, or is this possibly a minor league shirt?

Its a large, well-made pinstripe jersey, circa 1984, with "Mets" and the number "44" screened on. There's no name on the back (never was). I can't find any other Keen MLB jerseys on the web, so I'm a bit curious.

Thanks!

sox83cubs84
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I would think minor league, at best. Even the Mets BPs of that era (Rawlings) had sewn on letters and numbers, and they were the only jerseys the MLB Mets wore in that era that were sans NOB.

Dave M.

commando
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I would think minor league, at best. Even the Mets BPs of that era (Rawlings) had sewn on letters and numbers, and they were the only jerseys the MLB Mets wore in that era that were sans NOB.

Dave M.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your feedback. It's authentic with a good amount of game use, so I was thinking possible minor leagues too. I'll get it tomorrow and post pics. Thanks again, and if anyone knows any additional info, please let me know!

Anthony