PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this photo match?

scrinjun
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Just got this 2004 Varitek gamer. I think I have a match here. Any thoughts?

kylehess10
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Players/equipment managers normally have the same handwriting on every bat, so I wouldn't consider it a match since there's probably tons of other 2004 Varitek gamers that have this same handwriting. It is though a perfect style-match to the handwriting

scrinjun
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Players/equipment managers normally have the same handwriting on every bat, so I wouldn't consider it a match since there's probably tons of other 2004 Varitek gamers that have this same handwriting. It is though a perfect style-match to the handwriting

Thanks Kyle, I have several Varitek bats and have noticed 2 styles of handwriting on them. I was put off at first by the handwriting on this bat because it was so different from the others that I have.

spartakid
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
I agree with Kyle, definitely not enough from that pic alone to call it a match, althought it's not to say it's not possible that they could be the same bat, just not for a photomatch.

STLHAMMER32
01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I am going to say that this has a good chance to be the same bat. I agree with Kyle that most of the time writing is similar but many times the numbers and spacing will vary...as far as I can tell the numbers look to match up right. Problem is that its just not clear enough to say it is for sure match. Keep checking for better photos but I would say its a pretty good chance it is the same.

LWMM
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
It looks as if the bottom left of the first '3' extends further towards the edge of the knob in the photo than it does on the bat you have. Also, the '33' in the photo seems generally to be lower than on yours, and I don't see any markings under it that could resemble "32 1/4".

Manram
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Could be the same bat, but you can't tell for sure by the picture

gameused
01-08-2010, 03:18 AM
I did some photo editing and enlarged the Tek action photo.....it's very close to being a match. Keep searching for photos.

Good luck,

Bobby