PDA

View Full Version : OT - What Happened to Camarokids (missing person #2)?

frikativ54
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I am splitting this thread off from the suicide_squeeze thread, to not derail the thread about Steve. However, my question about camarokids persists. Where has camarokids, a great contributor to the forum, gone?

Why was he banned from the forum? I searched for his old posts, and I couldn't find any banning-worthy comments or any threads attacking other members. Can someone please enlighten me?

I am disappointed that a worthwhile contributor to this forum has been banned. What rules violation could have been so severe that camarokids was outright banned, and not merely temporarily suspended?

I await your explanation...

-Frik

TNTtoys
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys,

I am splitting this thread off from the suicide_squeeze thread, to not derail the thread about Steve. However, my question about camarokids persists. Where has camarokids, a great contributor to the forum, gone?

Why was he banned from the forum? I searched for his old posts, and I couldn't find any banning-worthy comments or any threads attacking other members. Can someone please enlighten me?

I am disappointed that a worthwhile contributor to this forum has been banned. What rules violation could have been so severe that camarokids was outright banned, and not merely temporarily suspended?

I await your explanation...

-Frik

Are you assuming that he was banned because he has not been around or do you know this as a fact?

How do you determine if a member is banned from the site?

LastingsMilledge85
01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't know, but this is now getting a little rediculous, if they are gone they are gone so be it. Let's not keep revisting every single banned member, if they were banned there's a reason for it and it really isn't our business. We are here to educate and discuss sports not another member's status. That's just my opinion though.

tjm5711
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Being a newer member here I didn't know this guy, but i remember reading a posting about two weeks ago by Chris Cavallier saying that they were banned. they went on to talk about how they now block your IP address when they ban you, so you can't get back on under a new screen name.

Birdbats
01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
If you're looking for dearly departed members of GUU's board, you might find a few of them here: http://hofbats.com/forum/index.php?sid=4468b150ab5b2dc652b9e43212eaf908

frikativ54
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Being a newer member here I didn't know this guy, but i remember reading a posting about two weeks ago by Chris Cavallier saying that they were banned. they went on to talk about how they now block your IP address when they ban you, so you can't get back on under a new screen name.

Do you have the link for this thread? I was gone for a while, and I cannot find it under the search feature.

tjm5711
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Do you have the link for this thread? I was gone for a while, and I cannot find it under the search feature.

no, I can't remember. It was posted right around Christmas. Just ask Chris, I'm sure He can fill you in.

BULBUS
01-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Banning-worthy comments are usually deleted.

mr.miracle
01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Good luck finding everyone who has left the building. That list is longer than the US Governments Terrorist watch list.

cohibasmoker
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Good luck finding everyone who has left the building. That list is longer than the US Governments Terrorist watch list.

The US Government has a terrorist watch list? I thought TSA only checked senior citizens going to and coming from Florida.

Jim

mr.miracle
01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
The US Government has a terrorist watch list? I thought TSA only checked senior citizens going to and coming from Florida.

Jim

My mistake Jim, you are right althought rumor is that any child 5 and under strapped into a stroller is considered a person of great interest as well.

LWMM
01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
David was banned, though I'm not sure why. He posts on HOFbats, where I just bought a nice Gomes/Ruggiano bat from him.

camarokids
01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I have been re-instated! Thanks to all!!!

frikativ54
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I have been re-instated! Thanks to all!!!

Great news! Welcome back. :)

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't know, but this is now getting a little rediculous, if they are gone they are gone so be it. Let's not keep revisting every single banned member, if they were banned there's a reason for it and it really isn't our business. We are here to educate and discuss sports not another member's status. That's just my opinion though.

LM,

Hi partner. Just a friendly question....Do you know what the "OT" stands for? It's a warning, so to speak, to the members that what they are about to click on is an "OFF TOPIC" subject.

So, it is my (friendly) opinion that if you want to only talk about ON topic "stuff", simply don't click on it.

You see, I have experience in the mean-spirited, condescending-style comment stuff. In fact, as you most certainly know, I just back from vacation from it. And you're a good guy. So you certainly don't need to take the appearance that you're headed in that direction by railing another forum member about the off topic thread they started about a fellow liked forum member.....do you? I hope you know that I am being sincere here, and not posting sarcastically. Those days are overwith for me. I would kindly suggest that we all need to get away from these types of unnecessary posts. Keep your good stuff for the game used threads that get hotly debated....that's what it's all about.

Take care, happy collecting, see you on the topic stuff!!

Steve

LastingsMilledge85
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I was actually saying it to protect the banned members so to speak because I didn't find it fair to talk about people who may have been banned from a board and didn't have a chance to give their side of what happened. I don't like when rumors are spread so IMO the thread should have never Ben started. If you are banned fine, but don't start a thread about it. Mr Squueze I wasn't trying to antagonize any forum member I just think it's not fair to talk about something negative especially if they don't have their chance to tell their side.