PDA

View Full Version : OT - Suicide Squeeze (Missing person)

allstarsplus
01-06-2010, 10:42 AM
It seems like a month ago when Steve (Suicide Squeeze) gave us a glimpse into his truly Hall of Fame collection. The response was great as it should be to see just a small sliver of Steve's collection.

Unceremoniously Steve has disappeared from the site. Not sure by his choice or by a banishment from the GUU kingdom.

Some like Rudy (Kingjammny) and Joel (Trsent) aren't seen for a while and then come back from time to time, and Bob (SkyKing) left with his departure notice and now seems to be posting a little bit again.

I would like to see Steve back on here for what he adds in a positive note and hope with a New Year there is a new beginning. I know there has been some members who have had some major spats with Steve in the past and hoping those members would still want Steve back too :rolleyes: .....

Just wondering what you all think in a nice constructive way if Steve should stay missing or do you want him back!

allstarsplus
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I just clicked on member's postings, and the last post from Suicide Squeeze was Nov 30th as well as Kingjammy's was also Nov 30th.......both are from California.....coincidence????? LOL. Yes, a coincidence.

Joel actually posted the beginning of December and Bob posted a few this past week.

I did see Steve's last posting was on the Amish wood thread where he had some nasty exchanges with EarlyWynn (Ken).

whatupyos
01-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Steve,

Come back buddy. Your posts are missed. I feel great after a 2+ month break. You are missed. You are one of the few on here who gets me to laugh at all of the half wits. I love your take on things. I realized that we all have opinions and most of us aren't going to change. I guess we just need to accept that and try and move on. I know I've flipped off the handle before and should listen to my own advise on letting it roll off my back. Hope to see you back on for what you contribute. Cheers.

Aaron

Danny899
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Some like Rudy (Kingjammny) and Joel (Trsent) aren't seen for a while and then come back from time to time, and Bob (SkyKing) left with his departure notice and now seems to be posting a little bit again.

Suicide can come off as being abrasive and rub some of us the wrong way, but when you read his posts that are informative rather than condescending, you realize that he has a significant amount of knowledge that he can offer. When he posted some of his bats, I was truly impressed and made sure he knew it. Thanks again for sharing those gems, Steve! So yes, I hope he shows up again as he is knowledgeable and certainly entertaining! I've often used some of Rudy's posts to clarify tagging concerns I've had. Another valuable resource he is. Also, Joel has added to my Rickey Henderson collection quite nicely. Lastly why skyking would insist he is through with this forum, never to return, only to see his posts popping up again soon after is apocryphal. Most forum members, myself included navigate directly to the threads and their posters that interest them rather than others. Some of the members Mr. Lang sites here are very knowledgeable and astute, including himself. Thanks.

skyking26
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Suicide can come off as being abrasive and rub some of us the wrong way, but when you read his posts that are informative rather than condescending, you realize that he has a significant amount of knowledge that he can offer. When he posted some of his bats, I was truly impressed and made sure he knew it. Thanks again for sharing those gems, Steve! So yes, I hope he shows up again as he is knowledgeable and certainly entertaining! I've often used some of Rudy's posts to clarify tagging concerns I've had. Another valuable resource he is. Also, Joel has added to my Rickey Henderson collection quite nicely. Lastly why skyking would insist he is through with this forum, never to return, only to see his posts popping up again soon after is apocryphal. Most forum members, myself included navigate directly to the threads and their posters that interest them rather than others. Some of the members Mr. Lang sites here are very knowledgeable and astute, including himself. Thanks.
Brief note here...Danny, I post on occasion for friends like Suicide or Andrew Lang in this instance. I NO LONGER blog about anything here or respond to it. Your comments a main reason for that... I do use the wanted's and coll-coll and remain in touch with many. I'm not going to live in fear of my post offending a mod and getting my hands slapped or going on daily to see someone calling me out for a fight. My health problems contine, now off work 19 mths, and they are more important than this board. However, when a friend like Andrew calls out for some support of a friend like Suicide - all I can say is if he is banned, please ban me to keep me off her permanently...

allstarsplus
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Brief note here...Danny, I post on occasion for friends like Suicide or Andrew Lang in this instance.

Thanks Bob! Your daily insight is missed!

frikativ54
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi Guys,

I have exchanged emails over the past few weeks with suicide_squeeze, and he revealed to me that he has been banned. While I understand why the moderators took the action they did, I think that a permanent ban is excessive. The forum seems to breed attacks and nasty exchanges, and it's unfair to punish one person for the behavior of several members.

When Andrew Lang referenced forum quarrels with Steve, I was immediately reminded of his ad hominem attacks against me in the Len Bias and LVS threads. After several heated exchanges, and time and distance between them, suicide_squeeze had the heart to apologize. And he is now kind enough to help me with my collection.

Through all the personal attacks visited on me, no another member has had the heart to apologize. Steve is sincerely remorseful, and I have forgiven him for his actions toward me, which were a key reason why he lost posting privileges. For his sincerity, I believe that suicide_squeeze should have another chance to contribute constructively on GUU.

-Frik

STLHAMMER32
01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Haven't been on here long but its a shame that he has been banned. I enjoyed seeing the few bats he showed and I am still wiping drool off the computer keyboard to this day:p .

allstarsplus
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys,

I have exchanged emails over the past few weeks with suicide_squeeze, and he revealed to me that he has been banned. While I understand why the moderators took the action they did, I think that a permanent ban is excessive. The forum seems to breed attacks and nasty exchanges, and it's unfair to punish one person for the behavior of several members.

When Andrew Lang referenced forum quarrels with Steve, I was immediately reminded of his ad hominem attacks against me in the Len Bias and LVS threads. After several heated exchanges, and time and distance between them, suicide_squeeze had the heart to apologize. And he is now kind enough to help me with my collection.

Through all the personal attacks visited on me, no another member has had the heart to apologize. Steve is sincerely remorseful, and I have forgiven him for his actions toward me, which were a key reason why he lost posting privileges. For his sincerity, I believe that suicide_squeeze should have another chance to contribute constructively on GUU.

-Frik

It doesn't say BANNED next to his name so maybe his IP address has been blocked.

In any event, it is a shame to get personally attacked as between adults it shouldn't happen but if it does, nice to hear you received an apology.

Opinions on here get strong some of the time, and often times these threads have gone on way too long.

Go back for a stroll into yester-year of when the "Forum" was first started by Eric. He was involved daily. He started posts. He contributed to posts. He ended posts. He locked them quickly when it got too far off topic. Here is a random page from 2005: http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/ I think everyone needs to be an adult and take responsibilities for their posts but my point is the Mods have to take ownership and Mods have to Moderate. That thread about the Lousiville lawsuit got out of hand as so many have. What it does is turn people away due to the negativity and worthless dribble.

I have received over a dozen emails on this offline and this is an excerpt from a member who stopped posting:

the Forum topics are so far off the original concept. When a post seeking a photo match of a shin guard receives 30 replies and a post about Wilson tagging receives 1, it clearly demonstrates how far off track the Forum has come and the lack of knowledgeable collectors/dealers frequenting the site.

So when you lose one of the most knowledgeable collectors like Suicide Squeeze and dozens of others that rarely come here, the quality suffers.

Again, I don't condone some of the negative stuff that goes on, but I also believe more oversight is necessary so it doesn't go 3 pages and 2 days before a thread is locked. Just my 2 cents!

ironmanfan
01-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys,

-Frik

Frik:

I consider myself a pretty bright guy, but even I had to look up the definition of term "ad hominen."

I don't think it was just the attacks against you. His verbal/posted assault on Ken (Early_Wynn) was un-called for and went well beyond the boundry of good taste IMO...

Bill

dcgreg25
01-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Go back for a stroll into yester-year of when the "Forum" was first started by Eric. He was involved daily. He started posts. He contributed to posts. He ended posts. He locked them quickly when it got too far off topic. Here is a random page from 2005: http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/ I think everyone needs to be an adult and take responsibilities for their posts but my point is the Mods have to take ownership and Mods have to Moderate. That thread about the Lousiville lawsuit got out of hand as so many have. What it does is turn people away due to the negativity and worthless dribble.

+1, I could not agree more!

GameUsedBatCollector65
01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Both he and Camarokids were banned. They don't put banned next to you name. They just block you ip address. I emailed camaro and was told that he has banned as well. I was fortunate to be able to buy a pair of nice bats from him. Fast delivery too!

gingi79
01-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I realize Steve and Camaro can be emotional but I'll take an emotional collector who is sometimes harsh or critical when they so obviously love and respect this hobby. They may have annoyed or upset you but I really think there upside outrweighs the down. In Steve's case, I am speaking out for a friend, a fellow collector and a true straight shooter. Like him or hate him, he isn't full of BS and that is a rare quality we should nurture in people today. Anyone who cared enough to contact a collector who felt offended by his comments to apologize is a bigger man than me. Even convicts who show remorse and repent are paroled........

Not that my .02 is really worth that much but I'd be in favor of letting them back on.

earlywynnfan
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I realize Steve and Camaro can be emotional but I'll take an emotional collector who is sometimes harsh or critical when they so obviously love and respect this hobby. They may have annoyed or upset you but I really think there upside outrweighs the down. In Steve's case, I am speaking out for a friend, a fellow collector and a true straight shooter. Like him or hate him, he isn't full of BS and that is a rare quality we should nurture in people today. Anyone who cared enough to contact a collector who felt offended by his comments to apologize is a bigger man than me. Even convicts who show remorse and repent are paroled........

Not that my .02 is really worth that much but I'd be in favor of letting them back on.

That's odd, he never contacted me! Where's my apology? I started out by asking if he really needed to be so harsh all the time, perhaps for the sake of decency, he could tone it down. He came back and "blasted me." Before I knew it, he was making taunting posts about my sexuality. I don't see this as a quality we should nurture today. My email is on every post, yet this "man" never bothered to contact me directly.

I really think you and skyking add to the forum, but as I look back over Squeeze's body of work, I wonder why you guys are defending him and everyone misses him so much. Could he add to the forum? Sure! But most of the time, IMO, he chose to stir the pot instead.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

earlywynnfan
01-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Brief note here...Danny, I post on occasion for friends like Suicide or Andrew Lang in this instance. I NO LONGER blog about anything here or respond to it. Your comments a main reason for that... I do use the wanted's and coll-coll and remain in touch with many. I'm not going to live in fear of my post offending a mod and getting my hands slapped or going on daily to see someone calling me out for a fight. My health problems contine, now off work 19 mths, and they are more important than this board. However, when a friend like Andrew calls out for some support of a friend like Suicide - all I can say is if he is banned, please ban me to keep me off her permanently...

Bob, feel free to send Squeeze my email. I'd love to hear from him, if he's willing to be a decent human being.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

karamaxjoe
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I think everyone needs to be an adult and take responsibilities for their posts but my point is the Mods have to take ownership and Mods have to Moderate.

the Forum topics are so far off the original concept. When a post seeking a photo match of a shin guard receives 30 replies and a post about Wilson tagging receives 1, it clearly demonstrates how far off track the Forum has come

nnn

frikativ54
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Both he and Camarokids were banned. They don't put banned next to you name. They just block you ip address. I emailed camaro and was told that he has banned as well. I was fortunate to be able to buy a pair of nice bats from him. Fast delivery too!

Why was camarokids banned? I was unaware of this until this thread.

karamaxjoe
01-07-2010, 10:18 AM
I think everyone needs to be an adult and take responsibilities for their posts but my point is the Mods have to take ownership and Mods have to Moderate.

the Forum topics are so far off the original concept. When a post seeking a photo match of a shin guard receives 30 replies and a post about Wilson tagging receives 1, it clearly demonstrates how far off track the Forum has come

There in lies the two biggest problems with this forum. The MODS used to contribute insight on collecting and generally post along with the rest of us. That rate of posting has dwindled to nothing. It's also been a long, long time since I've read an infomative post on tagging and have been able to say I've learned something useful. Something needs to be done to return the forum to its original purpose.

chakes89
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM
This site definitely needs more than 2(?) "full time" mods.

I would like to nominate allstarsplus for future moderator consideration

tigerdale
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
David & Steve both added great value to the forum as far as I'm concered w/ the knowledge they shared. I hope they can return..........

Vintagedeputy
01-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Man! What did I miss?

LastingsMilledge85
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
In the words of Rodney King, “Can't we all... just... get along?”

mr.miracle
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Andrew hit the nail right on the head and it is why I rarely if ever post over here anymore. In fact, when I allow myself to get suckered into posting into threads that are as worthless as the HOF post where I am actually trying to defend Roberto Alomar as a HOF member it reminds me of why I, and many more knowledgable former forum members than I will ever be, no longer come here. While this is just one small example, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I cannot even believe that I waste my valuable time responding to the multitude of assinine arguments that Alomar is not a HOF player. But then again, who am I. I humbly bow to the overpowering knowledge of members on here who have far more knowlege in these areas than say 25 plus year baseball journalist like Peter Gammons, Jayson Stark, Buster Olyney, Ken Rosenthall, etc. who all know that Alomar is without question a HOF'er.

Anyway, I too have receieved numerous emails from very knowledgable members or I guess I should say former members who no longer post here as they are simply fed up with the sheer stupidity that goes on here daily. While I am at it, I think I will turn in my membership card today.

Thanks,

It doesn't say BANNED next to his name so maybe his IP address has been blocked.

In any event, it is a shame to get personally attacked as between adults it shouldn't happen but if it does, nice to hear you received an apology.

Opinions on here get strong some of the time, and often times these threads have gone on way too long.

I have received over a dozen emails on this offline and this is an excerpt from a member who stopped posting:

the Forum topics are so far off the original concept. When a post seeking a photo match of a shin guard receives 30 replies and a post about Wilson tagging receives 1, it clearly demonstrates how far off track the Forum has come and the lack of knowledgeable collectors/dealers frequenting the site.

So when you lose one of the most knowledgeable collectors like Suicide Squeeze and dozens of others that rarely come here, the quality suffers.

Again, I don't condone some of the negative stuff that goes on, but I also believe more oversight is necessary so it doesn't go 3 pages and 2 days before a thread is locked. Just my 2 cents!

indyred
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Just a message board. Why people get worked up over stupid stuff amazes me. If you don't like a topic don't read it. This site has gotten way better in the last few years. It's nice to have traffic and new stuff to read all the time. Seems more and more collectors are getting into game used and that is good for all of us. I hate when people talk about the good old days here. Their was just as many spats 2-3 years ago as their are today and back then you got about 5-10 new posts a day on good day. It was boring as hell. I think it's good to see debates and occasional internet fight. That is all it is. No one should take this site that serious. If people want to leave, please go. Nobody cares. If you got banned I'm sure their was reason for it.

allstarsplus
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Just a message board. Why people get worked up over stupid stuff amazes me. If you don't like a topic don't read it. This site has gotten way better in the last few years. It's nice to have traffic and new stuff to read all the time. Seems more and more collectors are getting into game used and that is good for all of us. I hate when people talk about the good old days here. Their was just as many spats 2-3 years ago as their are today and back then you got about 5-10 new posts a day on good day. It was boring as hell. I think it's good to see debates and occasional internet fight. That is all it is. No one should take this site that serious. If people want to leave, please go. Nobody cares. If you got banned I'm sure their was reason for it.

That is the beauty of the ala carte system of the Forum and why I do agree with you, but some threads are horrible as they go on and on before they get locked up.

Eric was on top of it and a contributor. We can go through the list of GUF class acts who rarely post. I miss the Howard Wolf's and the Reid Fontaine's and Steve Terman's and SonnyJurgy and others who are basically gone. Those are just a few names.

Chris can run this any way he wants to as it is his Forum, but I think you listen to your customers (which we are) and surprised Chris hasn't responded in any way. Again, my 2 cents.

I think if you go through my 2,500 posts I have probably never complained as I am generally low-key, but I felt the need to speak my mind!

allstarsplus
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Andrew hit the nail right on the head and it is why I rarely if ever post over here anymore. In fact, when I allow myself to get suckered into posting into threads that are as worthless as the HOF post where I am actually trying to defend Roberto Alomar as a HOF member it reminds me of why I, and many more knowledgable former forum members than I will ever be, no longer come here. While this is just one small example, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I cannot even believe that I waste my valuable time responding to the multitude of assinine arguments that Alomar is not a HOF player. But then again, who am I. I humbly bow to the overpowering knowledge of members on here who have far more knowlege in these areas than say 25 plus year baseball journalist like Peter Gammons, Jayson Stark, Buster Olyney, Ken Rosenthall, etc. who all know that Alomar is without question a HOF'er.

Anyway, I too have receieved numerous emails from very knowledgable members or I guess I should say former members who no longer post here as they are simply fed up with the sheer stupidity that goes on here daily. While I am at it, I think I will turn in my membership card today.

Thanks,Brett - Thank you and I think Robbie Alomar should be in as well as Mark McGwire, but didn't want to give my opinion as I knew I would catch a bunch of cr-p for stating that.

whatupyos
01-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Post of the day. Thank you. I totally agree. People take themselves and their posts way too serious. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinon like you said. This forum has way too many people who get offended or get their feelings hurt, its quite laughable really. Get over yourself. Who cares if somone rips on you, or you feel like someone rubs you the wrong way. Go to another forum if its that bad.

mr.miracle
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Post of the day. Thank you. I totally agree. People take themselves and their posts way too serious. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinon like you said. This forum has way too many people who get offended or get their feelings hurt, its quite laughable really. Get over yourself. Who cares if somone rips on you, or you feel like someone rubs you the wrong way. Go to another forum if its that bad.

I don't honestly think it is a matter of anyone getting their feelings hurt. Perhaps some do who knows, who cares. Andrew is right, if I am not mistaken, the whole purpose of this forum and its founding was as an educational tool. How many daily posts do you see that have anything to do with educational collecting? I too miss the daily posts by Howard Wolf, Reid Fontaine, Steve Terman, Troy Kinnunen who did use to post on the old forum, and even Joel Alpert as yes, he stired the pot, but he and the above mentioned individuals have forgotten more about collecting and proper tagging etc. than I will ever hope to know.

Anybody who can seriously suggest that this site is better today than three or so years ago when you could log on here daily and find at least a half dozen threads from Rudy, Joel, Reid, Howard etc. on truly educational subjects such as proper jersey tagging, game use on bats, etc. is completely dilusional.

The bottom line is that all of these individuals have been driven away by the constant daily garbage posted on this forum.

The only reason the masses were so concerned about the classifed ads being taken down was because as one poster mentioned, there was nothing else to view. That is absolutely 100% correct as the truly knowlegable posters were long gone. As a good friend and former forum member stated to me recently, people are more concerned on here about how many locker room nameplates, game used jock straps, shower shoes, and knee braces used by a AA one legged bat boy they can sell to the highest bidder by high noon than any measure of educational material that can be posted to assist with cleaning up this hobby and benefitting others.

With that, I will sign off and say goodnight, goodbye and best of luck to one and all.

Regards,

Brett Herman

joelsabi
01-08-2010, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=allstarsplus;178672]

QUOTE]

Andrew,

great observation. i got less than 100 views on a thread about center branding of Controlling the Game bats which surprised me and I am not a bat expert but willing to share what is on the internet. maybe its a odd bad company but thought there may be some interest as many here are bat collectors. i decided not to do other bat companies because of the low interest as I learn about bats.

I have been in contact with Steve through email in December and I think if given the chance he would come back. I think its kind of harsh to ban a person permanently. Steve has a niche of knowledge that I think no one else has more knowledge of. Of coarse, I could just email him for the answer but I think its information that would assist all collectors. When there is a no room for a person who has one of the best collection outside of the HOF, something is wrong.

I undertand the need for prioritizing the owns of the forum, so maybe a good compromise would be additional volunteer moderators.

Sincerely,

Joel

frikativ54
01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Chris Cavalier said both suspended members were reinstated. Does that mean suicide_squeeze is back? If so, welcome back, Steve! :)

whatupyos
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't honestly think it is a matter of anyone getting their feelings hurt. Perhaps some do who knows, who cares. Andrew is right, if I am not mistaken, the whole purpose of this forum and its founding was as an educational tool. How many daily posts do you see that have anything to do with educational collecting? I too miss the daily posts by Howard Wolf, Reid Fontaine, Steve Terman, Troy Kinnunen who did use to post on the old forum, and even Joel Alpert as yes, he stired the pot, but he and the above mentioned individuals have forgotten more about collecting and proper tagging etc. than I will ever hope to know.

Anybody who can seriously suggest that this site is better today than three or so years ago when you could log on here daily and find at least a half dozen threads from Rudy, Joel, Reid, Howard etc. on truly educational subjects such as proper jersey tagging, game use on bats, etc. is completely dilusional.

The bottom line is that all of these individuals have been driven away by the constant daily garbage posted on this forum.

The only reason the masses were so concerned about the classifed ads being taken down was because as one poster mentioned, there was nothing else to view. That is absolutely 100% correct as the truly knowlegable posters were long gone. As a good friend and former forum member stated to me recently, people are more concerned on here about how many locker room nameplates, game used jock straps, shower shoes, and knee braces used by a AA one legged bat boy they can sell to the highest bidder by high noon than any measure of educational material that can be posted to assist with cleaning up this hobby and benefitting others.

With that, I will sign off and say goodnight, goodbye and best of luck to one and all.

Regards,

Brett Herman

Brett-

I agree with you on more educational posting and the locker name plates ect. I wasn't a member of the old forum but I do miss Howard's posting as he does shed wonderful insight and has great knowledge.

Aaron

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Testing......Testing.......1, 2, 3......http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif

I'm BACK!!!! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Andrew "the one and only" Lang, Bob, Aaron, Joel, Matt (gingi79), Dale (tigerdale), Danny(889), Ken (earlywynnfan) who I am axiously waiting to hear back from my private email sent, STLHAMMER32, all the others that commented on this post, a heart felt thank you to you all. I would also like to thank the ones who have privately emailed me. I won't mention your names, because I respect the fact that you didn't and don't want to be identified in all this "drama". You know who you are, and thanks for the kind words and all of your "support".

And thank you Mr. Cavalier for your trust in reinstating me.

Look, I never intended to get involved in all the negatives. We all now know the nonsense.....and that's what it was.....won't be tolerated by the mods. And thank GOD for that......I was tired of all the fights.

It is high time to get back to what the site was intended: To share knowledge about the game used industry. And to continue exposing the fraud which continues to run on unabated in a lot of the auction houses and industry.

I would like to explain one thing.....I felt I was being gang-banged by a small core of forum "groupies" that have been here for awhile, and I allowed myself to fall into the muck. Being an ex-athlete, I've never been one to back down from any kind of an altercation....it's just my personality. My retaliatory posts which were intentionally designed to ilicit a response from the gallery, although holding a bit of humor to some (as was my intention), was truly offensive to others. I will be taking a much different approach in my posts in the future.

I'll end this by stating a public apology to anyone and everyone I have offended. Sometimes the intended humor gets lost in the ugliness. We are all individuals, and have our own opinions. But to let them create an atmosphere that breeds anger, resentment, and personal attacks is rediculous. I am guilty as charged, and knowingly decided to take that route. My bad. Quite frankly, with the time to reflect on the past threads that created all the problems, I'm embarrassed of my involvement. We're all adults.....it's time to act like one. I've said it before, and I meant it. I'm on the collectors side, always have been, always will be. So here's to starting anew.

camarokids (David).....welcome back too. Remember your pledge to Helen? Let's make it happen.

A group hug to all you forum members..... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/6.gif

camarokids
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome Back Steve! I remember too, will do my best to honor her memory....

commando
01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
This forum is little more than a marketing tool for JO Sports. You may not agree with me, but as a marketing professional, it is quite obvious to me. The site wasn't always this way. As several have mentioned, the forum was loaded with a variety of "personalities" from the collecting world -- and if you weren't easily offended by an opinion here or there, you could actually learn quite a bit about the game used hobby. Personal attacks are a staple of internet message boards, but without two to tango, many are short-lived.

The biggest clue to the JO marketing tool argument is the fact that there are no member moderators. The only mods are founder Eric and JO Sports employees. Do you really think they give a rat's ass about moderating forum threads when the "threads" that really matter to them are the ones being sold in their auctions? The people who have established themselves as knowledgeable in the hobby are aware of this. Why would they stick around here and give their time and expertise to further the reputation of a competitor's website?

I'm not saying anything bad about this place, by the way. But let's call this place what it is. If it's not self-evident to you that JO Sports has priorities much different than this forum, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

sox83cubs84
01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Steve;

Welcome back! We've got you (and camarokids) back on the Forum; now we have to get Thome back on the White Sox.

Dave M.
Chicago area

allstarsplus
01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Testing......Testing.......1, 2, 3......http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/13.gif

Andrew "the one and only" Lang, Bob, Aaron, Joel, Matt (gingi79), Dale (tigerdale), Danny(889), Ken (earlywynnfan) who I am axiously waiting to hear back from my private email sent, STLHAMMER32, all the others that commented on this post, a heart felt thank you to you all. I would also like to thank the ones who have privately emailed me. I won't mention your names, because I respect the fact that you didn't and don't want to be identified in all this "drama". You know who you are, and thanks for the kind words and all of your "support".

Look, I never intended to get involved in all the negatives. We all now know the nonsense.....and that's what it was.....won't be tolerated by the mods. And thank GOD for that......I was tired of all the fights.

It is high time to get back to what the site was intended: To share knowledge about the game used industry. And to continue exposing the fraud which continues to run on unabated in a lot of the auction houses and industry.

I would like to explain one thing.....I felt I was being gang-banged by a small core of forum "groupies" that have been here for awhile, and I allowed myself to fall into the muck. Being an ex-athlete, I've never been one to back down from any kind of an altercation....it's just my personality. My retaliatory posts which were intentionally designed to ilicit a response from the gallery, although holding a bit of humor to some (as was my intention), was truly offensive to others. I will be taking a much different approach in my posts in the future.

I'll end this by stating a public apology to anyone and everyone I have offended. Sometimes the intended humor gets lost in the ugliness. We are all individuals, and have our own opinions. But to let them create an atmosphere that breeds anger, resentment, and personal attacks is rediculous. I am guilty as charged, and knowingly decided to take that route. My bad. Quite frankly, with the time to reflect on the past threads that created all the problems, I'm embarrassed of my involvement. We're all adults.....it's time to act like one. I've said it before, and I meant it. I'm on the collectors side, always have been, always will be. So here's to starting anew.

camarokids (David).....welcome back too. Remember your pledge to Helen? Let's make it happen.

A group hug to all you forum members..... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/6.gif

Welcome back to you and Dave! I have tried in the past to contact Dave and his email address has bounced back.

Let's talk about the possibility of Big Mac making a Pinch Hitting comeback and hits a few more HRs!!!!!!!!!!

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome back to you and Dave! I have tried in the past to contact Dave and his email address has bounced back.

Let's talk about the possibility of Big Mac making a Pinch Hitting comeback and hits a few more HRs!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that be wild?

Would they give the pale-faced dermatology case one last hurrah in Wrigley for a chance to keep pace with him?

camarokids
01-22-2010, 05:04 PM

His group hug didn't last too long.....:rolleyes:

He didn't last 2 weeks.....

allstarsplus
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
What happened? Did I miss something?

LastingsMilledge85
01-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow that is amazing, I saw that he got into a little something with 34swtns by making false accusations and nonsense. Obviously, he doesn't learn and was not thrilled he was back because as soon as he did he tried to "set me straight" about how to treat others. Good riddens I say.

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Wow that is amazing, I saw that he got into a little something with 34swtns by making false accusations and nonsense. Obviously, he doesn't learn and was not thrilled he was back because as soon as he did he tried to "set me straight" about how to treat others. Good riddens I say.

There are too many pansies on here.

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 05:42 PM
There are too many pansies on here.

Who knows what happened, but I had a bad feeling once a certain member posted an APB out for Chris. :rolleyes:

LastingsMilledge85
01-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Are you calling me a pansy? I really have nothing to do with it, I just never liked him rubbed me the wrong way in most of his responses.

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Are you calling me a pansy? I really have nothing to do with it, I just never liked him rubbed me the wrong way in most of his responses.

No, Lastings, not calling you a pansy, sorry to have used your quote....I hit the wrong button, I just mean in general there are people who are pansies on here. Look, its all over a computer. Its not like person A is in person B's face making threats or saying things that "hurt" someone. Its all opinion so that why the softies need to grow up.

allstarsplus
01-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Who knows what happened, but I had a bad feeling once a certain member posted an APB out for Chris. :rolleyes:

LOL.

Can you imagine a bunch of 14 year old Middle School kids without teachers and a Principal present? That is my impression of some days on here.

Also, you have a lot of people that hide behind their "Aliases" and create issues because they can be bold and tough on the internet.

So tomorrow I can go out and buy a new laptop with a fresh IP Address and come back with a fake name like Bob Smith and register a bogus "free" email with GMail or Yahoo or MSN or somewhere else so I can jump on GUU. It doesn't take a genius as Jason Adair has certainly done it more than once.

LastingsMilledge85
01-22-2010, 05:58 PM
No, Lastings, not calling you a pansy, sorry to have used your quote....I hit the wrong button, I just mean in general there are people who are pansies on here. Look, its all over a computer. Its not like person A is in person B's face making threats or saying things that "hurt" someone. Its all opinion so that why the softies need to grow up.

True, but this guy really never learned and he had his chances. Sure, there are people banned for bogus reasons, but Mr. Squeeze had it coming. Anyone want to guess what his alias will be?

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL.

Can you imagine a bunch of 14 year old Middle School kids without teachers and a Principal present? That is my impression of some days on here.

Also, you have a lot of people that hide behind their "Aliases" and create issues because they can be bold and tough on the internet.

So tomorrow I can go out and buy a new laptop with a fresh IP Address and come back with a fake name like Bob Smith and register a bogus "free" email with GMail or Yahoo or MSN or somewhere else so I can jump on GUU. It doesn't take a genius as Jason Adair has certainly done it more than once.

Andrew,

Very true. My whole point is, we're all not going to get a long. We're like family. There are people in your family you enjoy and like, others you can't stand. We all disagree, some people handle themselves better than others, but we all in life....in every aspect in life, just need to get over it. For example, there are people here I really enjoy, even if I've never done business with them, I recognize their contributions. I've never delt with you, maybe chatted with you once or two but I can honestly say you're an awesome dude and I hardly know you. Others here get under my skin and I can't stand them. I'm sure there are people who can't stand me. And I can live with that. Its no sweat off my back. But in my own personal family, you have to have a thick skin to survive. So I don't take anything personally becasue most of the time, I can care less what people think.

Aaron

whatupyos
01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I have a bad feeling a grammar lesson is coming soon. My bad for the bad typing.

frikativ54
01-22-2010, 06:08 PM

I don't know what precise incident was the reason for Steve's banning. I do know that he was kicked off, because of his continued conflicts with members, even after he promised that they would cease.

I contacted Chris Cavalier last night, because I was copied in on an email that included harassment, name-calling, and was directed at a person who asked not to be contacted. Unfortunately, I can't say any more than that.

But I am not a pansy. There were serious issues that need to be taken care of, and when it comes down to harassment and name-calling, there should be a zero tolerance policy. That's why I talked with Chris.

frikativ54
01-22-2010, 06:14 PM
LOL.

Could you stop making accusations about Jason Adair? As I explained over email, I proved that a recently banned forum member was not Jason, using a reverse email search and a background check. I also checked with Chris Cavalier, and they don't have the same IP.

Furthermore, I received an email from Jason saying that there would be legal action taken if his name was dragged through the mud on this forum. Please don't make false accusations, unless you have the evidence. I took my time to gather information and do the research.

allstarsplus
01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Andrew,

Very true. My whole point is, we're all not going to get a long. We're like family. There are people in your family you enjoy and like, others you can't stand. We all disagree, some people handle themselves better than others, but we all in life....in every aspect in life, just need to get over it. For example, there are people here I really enjoy, even if I've never done business with them, I recognize their contributions. I've never delt with you, maybe chatted with you once or two but I can honestly say you're an awesome dude and I hardly know you. Others here get under my skin and I can't stand them. I'm sure there are people who can't stand me. And I can live with that. Its no sweat off my back. But in my own personal family, you have to have a thick skin to survive. So I don't take anything personally becasue most of the time, I can care less what people think.

Aaron

Aaron - That's why I like you. We think alike in that respect.

Unfortunately, many are here for different motivations that are not productive for the Forum.

Steve did not come back as a model citizen this time but he is not to blame for all of it. Some tried to bait him and Steve took the cheese.

34swtns
01-22-2010, 06:21 PM
A group hug to all you forum members.....

Boom.....outta here.

It only took 13 days for the guy to flame out. Quite the instigator, most of his time back here was spent chasing Tom around the forum until Tom couldn't take it anymore and absolutely imploded, getting himself banned in the process. Then he decided he was going after me.......not a wise course of action, either.

Good riddance.......do us all a favor and stay gone.

allstarsplus
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Could you stop making accusations about Jason Adair? As I explained over email, I proved that a recently banned forum member was not Jason, using a reverse email search and a background check. I also checked with Chris Cavalier, and they don't have the same IP.

Furthermore, I received an email from Jason saying that there would be legal action taken if his name was dragged through the mud on this forum. Please don't make false accusations, unless you have the evidence. I took my time to gather information and do the research.

Frik - HUH? Re-read what I wrote which was simply Jason Adair was able to come back under different aliases. So many of his posts were deleted so it is hard to follow. He was Mr.3000, something like Grizzly, and then RyanZimmerman11 and Chris confirmed it was him. So there is 3 times.

Where did I say in my post below that he was TJM? You seem to care for some reason. Who cares. His last posts were disgusting.

It doesn't take a genius as Jason Adair has certainly done it more than once.

So please don't twist my words. I took you at your word days ago that TJM is not Jason Adair so congrats on your research.

Anyone can buy a new computer and BAM, have a new IP address and create new emails.

TJM or whomever will back soon enough. Trust me when I say that.

frikativ54
01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Frik - HUH? Re-read what I wrote which was simply Jason Adair was able to come back under different aliases. So many of his posts were deleted so it is hard to follow. He was Mr.3000, something like Grizzly, and then RyanZimmerman11 and Chris confirmed it was him. So there is 3 times.

Why bring up his name at all? Why make this about others and not Steve?

TJM or whomever will back soon enough. Trust me when I say that.

Again, why are you bringing up a name other than Steve? I have talked with Tom, and he has no desire to return to the forum. Let's focus on the subject of this thread, which is suicide_squeeze.

gingi79
01-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I went back and looked at recent posts from both Tom and Steve and can't find anything really awful to ban them for. I mixed it up with Tom in the Sanchez thread and felt he was rude and out of line through most of it. However, I'm sure if I spoke with him about a Bears jersey or a different topic, we'd have got along great. He's passionate, I can respect that.

Steve is just an opinionated person with great knowledge. I know sometimes he can be waaaaay out of line and it can be hard to get his humor but I think if you got to talk with him, you'll realize he's just missing a filter sometimes. It's called tact. People can be entirely too easily offended over stupid stuff on the board as well. It's a message board, people misunderstand and strong opinions permeate. Relax y'all.

I said it before and I will say it again, I'll take a loud and critical collector with knowledge over a quiet person who doesn't enhance the board in anyway. If that means I occasionally get called an a$$hole, I can deal with that. Occasionally, truth be told, I am an A$$hole. :D

ChrisCavalier
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
At the request of some of the members, along with the promise that he wouldn't engage in any future conflicts with members, Suicide Squeeze was reinstated on the forum. Unfortunately, the conflicts continued both online and offline. We mentioned that, while there are certainly a number of different personalities on the forum, we want to maintain a positive environment. Since the promises weren't kept, the member was banned.

I really don't see any need to discuss this further and am closing the thread. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.